Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Mar 4, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #4,501 of 6,987
Quote:

Thanks man, appreciate it a bunch. Koven's remix for Hadouken comes in this month which is exciting as well. I love his channel too (tons of unique stuff), but I think he has gotten better lately (besides this tune, his Living, Laughing, and Dying EP was my favorite). 

I don't know if anybody has posted this yet, but I just found out about the tune and I find this remix much better than the original:

thats another great track 
beyersmile.png

anyway, where do i get said ep? i tried beatport and amazon, i even tried looking for it illegally - i couldnt find anything save a couple of tracks, let alone an organized ep...

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #4,502 of 6,987
That Hadouken! remix is the bomb. So excited for that one. 

Also, I love the original Alex Clare track. Distance remix is quite nice though.

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #4,503 of 6,987
Quote:
I've posted a couple chillout/downtempo tracks but I'm not sure how much interest people following this thread have in that area of music so I've kind of concentrated on linking other stuff. The problem with chillout is that almost none of the songs I listen to are on YouTube. I can of course always upload the songs myself but it takes about half an hour to render and upload a video plus enter a video description and come up with some tags. I'll definitely be linking the chillout mix of Masanori Yasuda's "Kalos Eidos" once it comes out on Wednesday.

Here's a song I linked a while back:

I somehow missed that one if you posted it earlier.  I am definitely enjoying that so thanks for recommending and re-linking that one!  Little more bass than most chill but still great.  I know the joys/pain of rending and uploading to youtube so understand there.  And I must really suck at putting tags on my videos because I hardly get any views.

Quote:
"Tech house is a subgenre of house music that mixes elements of minimal techno into simple, 4-to-4 beats found in soulful deep house. ...."

Ya I suck at counting beats so that sentence above is completely over my head ...which probably explains why they put me in as the Lion instead of the drummer in Lion Dancing. 
tongue_smile.gif
  I also completely bombed the Tone Deaf Test so I just go by what I enjoy and then look up the genre on Google if it interests me enough.  Oddly enough I can hear sounds and instruments most of my friends cannot.   But hey Einstein sucked at Math so maybe I'm not at a complete loss for music!

Quote:
edit: this is such a treat

Once again, I really need to get back into Solar Order.  I just enjoy their stuff, good background music.  Even when I'm busy doing other stuff and my mind is occupied the Beyers pick up sounds my mind can track in the background so it doesn't keep me bored.   It allows my mind to multi-task without actually needing to accomplish anything.

Quote:
This tune is fantastic, as well as the original:

Really like Koven.   And this song I will be playing over and over for sometime.  It should be an intro to a Bond movie.

Quote:
speaking of the m machine, heres a good one with the best video ever

I'm not much of a The M Machine fan like many in this thread and the video reminds me too much Cartoon Network homebrew stuff but this song I liked.  Also agree on the Pendulum song you put up on the previous page.

Quote:

Thanks man, appreciate it a bunch. Koven's remix for Hadouken comes in this month which is exciting as well. I love his channel too (tons of unique stuff), but I think he has gotten better lately (besides this tune, his Living, Laughing, and Dying EP was my favorite). 

I don't know if anybody has posted this yet, but I just found out about the tune and I find this remix much better than the original:

Alex Clare - Too Close (Distance Remix)

I have that mix because it intrigued me at first, but I ended up going with the Cherry Cherry Boom Boom Remix for my mix mostly because the Distance remix mostly gets rid of the amazing vocals.  I know its pop but I really dig Alex Clare's voice in that song so reducing it to almost nothing made me lose interest in this remix.

Looking forward to that Koven remix of Hadouken as well.  Someone will have to make sure to post it in this thread when it releases.

Edit in contribution:
Feel Me by The Two Friends ft. Priyanka Atreya (Skrux Remix)

If you don't mind a little ballad in your dubstep its a free download.  Sounds a little too much Skillrex but decent enough to mix up the playlist a little bit.

Edit 2:
Carousel - Stay Awake (DotEXE Remix) .... Free DL as well, for some reason the headphones really loved the vocals.   Ok this song deserves an embed.  Been listening to this mixed in with other songs all night.  Think this will go in my next mix.

Truth - Medusa ...nice dark minimal style of dubstep, if you want some dub without the vocals.  Not free tho (sadface)

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #4,504 of 6,987
Quote:
thats another great track 
beyersmile.png

anyway, where do i get said ep? i tried beatport and amazon, i even tried looking for it illegally - i couldnt find anything save a couple of tracks, let alone an organized ep...

It might be on Bandcamp, IIRC.
Quote:

Edit 2:
Carousel - Stay Awake (DotEXE Remix) .... Free DL as well, for some reason the headphones really loved the vocals.   Ok this song deserves an embed.  Been listening to this mixed in with other songs all night.  Think this will go in my next mix.

Truth - Medusa ...nice dark minimal style of dubstep, if you want some dub without the vocals.  Not free tho (sadface)

Both of those are really good, I like it.

Mar 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #4,507 of 6,987
Quote:
Quote:
Here's a song I linked a while back:

I somehow missed that one if you posted it earlier.  I am definitely enjoying that so thanks for recommending and re-linking that one!  Little more bass than most chill but still great.  I know the joys/pain of rending and uploading to youtube so understand there.  And I must really suck at putting tags on my videos because I hardly get any views.

Well it was several months ago, in November I think.

Kalos Eidos remixes finally dropped. Here are my two favorites.

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #4,509 of 6,987
Oh maaaaaan This song actually got me stoked for summer festival season

Mar 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #4,510 of 6,987
Quote:

i personally linked hol baumann (by far one of my favorite producers), solar fields 

edit: this is such a treat

Magnus is a true artist, without a doubt. I almost think he's an extra-terrestrial. I'm not much into uptempo right now as I've been on a downtempo/ambient/chill kick, but his downtempo/ambient stuff takes me into another dimension. His album Leaving Home took me on a musical journey I've never been on before. Hol Baumann's album Human was also incredible. Same with Sync24, Carbon Based Lifeforms, H.U.V.A. Network, and Aes Dana. All beautiful, expansive, subtle, and dreamlike music that's full of texture with top-quality production and mastering. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #4,511 of 6,987
For those of you that use 8tracks.com look up nyfisher. His track selection is absolutely killer and the audio quality for the most part is excellent. I am going through his back catalogue again and loving everything he puts together. It is probably a lot of stuff you have all heard. I use his Chill mixes to go to sleep or at work when things get super stressful.
Just nice having all this great music in one area.

Apo you brought it again with that track. I really like it. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #4,513 of 6,987
Quote:
Anyone know more artists similar to Burial, Clubroot, Phaeleh and Desolate? the more atmospheric kinda dubstep.

Goth Trad, Mala, Organikismness, B1tcrunch3r..... I have some others in mind but they're escaping me at the moment.. I'f you're looking for purely atmospheric dubstep, there's quite a lot, but it's very niche, most people find it boring but it's great headphone music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back