Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jan 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #4,231 of 6,987
Hello !

First let me say that I know nothing about electronic music. That's something I am trying to change.

In particular, reading this forum, I just felt in love with that album :

https://soundcloud.com/griz/sets/griz-mad-liberation
(free here http://mynameisgriz.com/)

That album is AMAZING to me. It's punchy, melodic, upbeat and complex, and and I really enjoy the classical instruments use.
Can anyone one recommand me some good electronic music that is similar (in terms of genre) to this album ?

Thanks ! :)

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #4,232 of 6,987
HOLY! Last night I went to see The Upbeats. It was just Jeremy DJing but he played a damn good set. 

I'm gonna say if you're a fan of The Upbeats before, this new album is gonna be something else. He played a bunch of new Upbeats tracks, opened with one in particular that killed it. 

But that said I was expecting him to drop their ORIGINAL version of Diffused, but instead Jeremy dropped the S.P.Y remix. Still a great track, but S.P.Y played it last week, and I wanted to hear the original on 17,000 watts of bass 
size]

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #4,233 of 6,987
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=X2DTnOH_MGc&list=SPGznEl712WencwBJI3Idxggb58SmnH38z

If you are into chillout/ casual electro............... This.

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #4,234 of 6,987
Quote:
Hello !

First let me say that I know nothing about electronic music. That's something I am trying to change.

In particular, reading this forum, I just felt in love with that album :

https://soundcloud.com/griz/sets/griz-mad-liberation
(free here http://mynameisgriz.com/)

That album is AMAZING to me. It's punchy, melodic, upbeat and complex, and and I really enjoy the classical instruments use.
Can anyone one recommand me some good electronic music that is similar (in terms of genre) to this album ?

Thanks ! :)

Really enjoying this, I too would love some similar music to this!

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #4,236 of 6,987
Quote:
Really enjoying this, I too would love some similar music to this!

Well there aren't a ton of guys who make music similar, but if you like big sounding pieces I would certainly suggest Meta (their synthwork is top notch as well). Varien, Syrebral, and maybe even SPL are also decent places to look (not sure about SPL but the other two definitely fit). 

Some samples (tell me if they are close to what you're looking for because it might not be right):

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #4,237 of 6,987
So check this one out. One day I'm just sitting here shaking my head as my girlfriend goes downloading all the N*sync and Spice Girls. Now I know what most people will say, "If you didn't like it, use your headphones!" but I don't like wearing headphones with company in the room. 

Anyways. This was trap and drumstep before it was cool. There's even a drum and bass breakdown closer to the end. There's a story behind the producer of the track being really into jungle at the time so it was hugely influenced by jungle at the time, and it shows.

Can't really find a higher quality version of it on youtube. 

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #4,238 of 6,987
Playing catchup on pages of music because you guys posted so much.  Though I don't want to skip any of it since I found some stuff I really like.  Though a few shout outs.

Quote:

Quantum Soul + Linden

Pure Win.

Quote:
KOAN Sound & Asa - Hesitation

See you guys in 24 hours when I stop repeating this song. 
Legendary. Totally forgot about this one.

Your rediscovery = new discovery for me!  Thanks!  :p

Quote:
Late Night Alumni - What If I Say Please?

That is some good mood music.  I woulda been all over that track on Friday night.

Quite a bit more music to catch up on, but here is a donation to the thread in the meantime.  Would be easier to catch up if I didn't stop getting distracted.   Ooo, new Liquid DnB!   Gotta mix it up and put on some Opeth!  Black Sabbath N.I.B.!  Few more songs in EME thread.  Sanhedrin, sounds interesting!  KOAN!  Opeth!  Sigh, I think I have Music ADD.

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #4,239 of 6,987
I hear you with music ADD.

I've been listening to post metal again. Keelhaul, Kylesa, Isis, Baroness etc, bit then when I'm missing bass I go back to dnb for a few songs lol.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #4,241 of 6,987
Quote:
Playing catchup on pages of music because you guys posted so much.  Though I don't want to skip any of it since I found some stuff I really like.  Though a few shout outs.

Pure Win.

Your rediscovery = new discovery for me!  Thanks!  :p

That is some good mood music.  I woulda been all over that track on Friday night.

Quite a bit more music to catch up on, but here is a donation to the thread in the meantime.  Would be easier to catch up if I didn't stop getting distracted.   Ooo, new Liquid DnB!   Gotta mix it up and put on some Opeth!  Black Sabbath N.I.B.!  Few more songs in EME thread.  Sanhedrin, sounds interesting!  KOAN!  Opeth!  Sigh, I think I have Music ADD.

good one, very mellow =]

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #4,242 of 6,987
Quote:
Quote:
Hiroyuki ODA made a dubstep remix of his own song? My mind is blown.

Just........wow. Thank you so much for this. Sooo incredible :)

Glad you like it. I just wish Oda made it available as a free download as he did with the original track. It is unlikely that the remix will ever see digital distribution.

I've already linked the remixed version of this song but today I listened to the original version for the first time. I'm not sure why I've never heard it before but here it is. As with the remix, the artist has provided the song as a free download on his SoundCloud in WAV format. The link is in the video description. I've also embedded the remix for those who might've missed it.

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #4,243 of 6,987
in my search for artists similar to hol baumann (if you know of any, please do tell) i came across "crsytal castles" and their album, named "III". it blew me away with dark authority. definitely worth a try.

plague

kerosene

mercenary

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #4,244 of 6,987
This isn't electronic music, but a friend of mine just linked me this interesting cover version of Burial's Archangel. I thought the Burial fans here might be interested in hearing it. Whether you dig it or not is up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back