Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jan 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #4,216 of 6,987
Quote:

Very nice! Brings me back to Eclipse Festival 2010. I like the pacing, something i need to work on in my sets. 

I have a love/hate relationship with psytrance. It can be very well done, and some of the DJs are really good at what they do, but when it comes to being able to listen to it for more than a night, I can't. When i went to Eclipse I had so much fun the first night, second night I was a wreck, so I definitely had fun haha. By the third night though, I had only heard 3 dubstep DJs, and one glitch hop DJ, and no dnb. I knew what I was getting into when i was going to a psytrance festival, but I didn't think I'd get bored haha.

EDIT: So I don't make a third post. Get out your bassiest, most detailed cans.... This one's a treat. This is the closest cross over drum and bass - psy trance track I've heard. I might only be saying that because of Ksef10's set I just listened to, but holy this is great. 

Hey thanks a lot man!

I love psytrance most but I could even see myself getting bored at a festival without variation. DnB is VERY necessary for a proper dance party.

and oh ya, that track is great! Listening now on DACmini and LCD2's

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #4,218 of 6,987
Oh yeah, so after listening to my set from Tuesday a few times, I've decided it's decent enough. Let me know what you guys think. 

https://soundcloud.com/ap0th3kary/live-nocturne-01-15-13

Oh yeah, the intro was kind of a fail. I didn't start the recording process at the start of my mix. I THINK that was the 2nd song, if not third. 
The end was also weird. I think I just closed Traktor when Grillis (DJ after me) had his mix in, and forgot entirely that I was recording my mix. But aside from that there are a few abrupt mixes. It was largely unrehearsed, but a few mixes in there are some that I've rehearsed and love, so they're probably gonna be heard in my mixes/sets from time to time :p

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #4,221 of 6,987
https://soundcloud.com/blumarten/sets/bmt013/

Upcoming. Just...wow. Frederic Robinson blew me away last year, and it looks like another good year.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #4,222 of 6,987
Quantum Soul + Linden has me subscribing. Beautiful track! On K702 Anniversary it was mind blowing. Though there are two spots of where the drop hits and it distorts slightly don't know if it video compression my comp Realtek onboard, my dac E17, my amp E09K, or my monoprice optical cable or my headphones. Going to steal this track for the Anniversary thread. :)

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #4,223 of 6,987
Quote:
Quantum Soul + Linden has me subscribing. Beautiful track! On K702 Anniversary it was mind blowing. Though there are two spots of where the drop hits and it distorts slightly don't know if it video compression my comp Realtek onboard, my dac E17, my amp E09K, or my monoprice optical cable or my headphones. Going to steal this track for the Anniversary thread. :)

Glad you like it. It's a beautiful track for sure. What times were the distortion clips at? I purchased the 320 so I'll check it out on my ever so detailed M-100

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #4,224 of 6,987
Quote:

Glad you like it. It's a beautiful track for sure. What times were the distortion clips at? I purchased the 320 so I'll check it out on my ever so detailed M-100

About 0:42 and 2:56. Feels almost like the headphone is reaching it's limit, which has me thinking it is just the youtube compression. It is very very slight with a basser or warmer can you might not even notice it I am going to check it out on my CALs but they may cover it up with there sub-bass. Because there is no way that drop or hit is 8hz. The rest of the song is has perfect presentation.

Edit: was off on one of the times. CAL distort it too. After listening to the K's so long the CALs bass scared me.

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #4,225 of 6,987
Quote:
Quote:

About 0:42 and 2:50. Feels almost like the headphone is reaching it's limit, which has me thinking it is just the youtube compression. It is very very slight with a basser or warmer can you might not even notice it I am going to check it out on my CALs but they may cover it up with there sub-bass. Because there is no way that drop or hit is 8hz. The rest of the song is has perfect presentation.

Buy the track. I don't detect any distortion artefacts on my 320. iPod Touch G3>L9>ZO2.3 (0 bass boost)>M-100

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #4,226 of 6,987
Quote:

Buy the track. I don't detect any distortion artefacts on my 320. iPod Touch G3>L9>ZO2.3 (0 bass boost)>M-100

So it must be the video compression. Happens all the time on youtube clips. The junoplayer version on the website is even more compressed and yet I don't hear it at 2:56. Added some edits to my previous post. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #4,228 of 6,987

Recently discovered this little gem. Can't find a decent download anywhere for it though. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #4,230 of 6,987
Hiroyuki ODA made a dubstep remix of his own song? My mind is blown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back