Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jan 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #4,187 of 6,987
hey any of you guys like psybreaks?

or what about prog psytrance?

if you know of similar artists, lemme know

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #4,189 of 6,987
Quote:
Just some more of the songs I have been listening to for months / currently love atm.

Trance:

I just realized right now, thanks to you, that Trance is my favorite. Please post more if you have any!

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #4,191 of 6,987
Quote:

I just realized right now, thanks to you, that Trance is my favorite. Please post more if you have any!

That's great :) Trance has been my favorite for a long while, and still is despite the fact I'm liking some heavier styles now.

Probably also one of my favorites.

Aruna probably has to be my favorite vocalist.

Anything from Above & Beyond is good in my opinion. Probably overall my favorite artist.

Armin used to be my fav. More old school rather than modern trance like Above & Beyond.

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #4,194 of 6,987
lol Well that was fun. I just got home from my first DJ gig. I recorded it, but I kinda messed up the recording process though (and my stupid computer clipped). I forgot to start the recording until half way through my first mix, and the end was weird cuz the next DJ told me to keep rinsing and he mixed his set with mine.... so it was kinda abrupt. 

So here's the story; I just DJ'd to an empty room. I didn't expect any less from a Tuesday night opening slot. 

I was nervous at first, but then I looked up and saw an empty room so I made myself at home and started mixing what I wanted to, not an 'opening' set like I was thinking I should do. So my set ended up going everywhere, I might have embarrassed the following DJ a little bit by taking the ENTIRE crowd home with me hahaha. 

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #4,195 of 6,987
Quote:
lol Well that was fun. I just got home from my first DJ gig. I recorded it, but I kinda messed up the recording process though (and my stupid computer clipped). I forgot to start the recording until half way through my first mix, and the end was weird cuz the next DJ told me to keep rinsing and he mixed his set with mine.... so it was kinda abrupt. 

So here's the story; I just DJ'd to an empty room. I didn't expect any less from a Tuesday night opening slot. 

I was nervous at first, but then I looked up and saw an empty room so I made myself at home and started mixing what I wanted to, not an 'opening' set like I was thinking I should do. So my set ended up going everywhere, I might have embarrassed the following DJ a little bit by taking the ENTIRE crowd home with me hahaha. 

Hey at least you had fun, too bad nobody came.

Jan 16, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #4,196 of 6,987
Quote:

Truth always puts out good stuff.

no doubt =] 

afraid i cant say the same for feed me - not my cup of tea

Quote:
Pretty incredible song.

i enjoyed that, i think its about time i got into seven lions properly and get some albums of theirs or something

Quote:

people are forever telling me i should give djing a try, im envious of you for actually doing it - well done!
and just so you know, some of my fondest memories are from tuesday night openings at close to empty bars\clubs. if the mood is up and the music is good - you dont need a crowd!

Jan 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #4,197 of 6,987
for me or was all about being loud lol. That was satisfying, hearing my mixes on a big system with the cylinders pumping.

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #4,198 of 6,987
Quote:

no doubt =] 

afraid i cant say the same for feed me - not my cup of tea

i enjoyed that, i think its about time i got into seven lions properly and get some albums of theirs or something

people are forever telling me i should give djing a try, im envious of you for actually doing it - well done!
and just so you know, some of my fondest memories are from tuesday night openings at close to empty bars\clubs. if the mood is up and the music is good - you dont need a crowd!

Yeah Seven Lions is an absolute musical genius. 

Some of his other tracks to definitely check out:

You Got To Go (Seven Lions Dubstep Remix)
All Alone (Seven Lions Remix)
Seven Lions - Below Us
All I Know (Seven Lions Remix)
I Don't Deserve You (Seven Lions Remix) [Radio Edit]

The video I inserted below is Cosmic Love (Seven Lions Remix) 

Probably one of the most beautiful tracks I've ever heard. Absolutely love the intro as well.

Here are the lyrics, because I think it really adds to the song when you understand what she's saying and what it's about:

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes​
I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind​
The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out​
You left me in the dark​
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight​
In the shadow of your heart​
And in the dark, I can hear your heartbeat​
I tried to find the sound​
But then it stopped, and I was in the darkness,​
So darkness I became​
You left me in the dark​
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map​
And knew that somehow I could find my way back​
Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too​
So I stayed in the darkness with you​
You left me in the dark​
You left me in the dark​

And my favorite Seven Lions track - Still With Me (Remix)     :)  

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #4,199 of 6,987
Quote:

Yeah Seven Lions is an absolute musical genius. 

The video I inserted below is Cosmic Love (Seven Lions Remix) 

Probably one of the most beautiful tracks I've ever heard. Absolutely love the intro as well.

Agreed, he's very good. That remix is probably my favorite of his, I'd love to see something like a Seven Lions + Koven collab sometime.

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #4,200 of 6,987
Quote:

Best way to practice your set AND you had fun!

Here is Porter Robinson DJing to 5 people so don't feel bad. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back