Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jan 13, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #4,171 of 6,987

Seven Lions is probably one of my favorite heavy artists as of late. Trance-y style to most of his songs despite most being dubstep, though this one's more moombahton-y.

And typical Steve Aoki.

Jan 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #4,176 of 6,987
I am looking for good soundcloud.com electro channels, anyone has favs?

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #4,178 of 6,987
Heh.... So I landed myself my first ever DJ gig. I'm opening a night at Nocturne in Toronto on Tuesday. 

I have NO idea what I'm going to play haha. To be honest, I don't give a **** what people like, I make mixes to my own taste, and that's 80% of the reason I picked up my S4 in the first place, not really with any intent of playing out. But still, I firmly believe in playing out only purchased music, not pirated music which is mostly what my music collection consists of. Anyways, it'll be interesting opening up a night with drum and bass. I have mostly experimental, moody rollers and aggressive neuro, some nice moody liquid too. 

Oh I guess what I'm getting at is I plan on recording this set live, just so I can play it back to myself and listen for mistakes and what not. I'll upload it to dnbshare, maybe Soundcloud if I think it's good enough to promote myself with and share it with you guys. 

Anyways. Talking about this makes me wanna spin. So I'm gonna do that, leave head-fi alone for a while :p

Jan 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #4,179 of 6,987
Quote:
Heh.... So I landed myself my first ever DJ gig. I'm opening a night at Nocturne in Toronto on Tuesday.

Good luck DJ Apo0th3karY!

Speaking of mixes.   Guess no one liked my mix or no one wanted to spend 43min+ listening to it. 
tongue.gif

Kind of shame no one had a secret downloading site I've never heard of.  Would be nice if there was a site that offered WAV/FLAC/ALAC for $0.99 and had all the latest and best.

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #4,180 of 6,987
Quote:
I'd call Meta one of the best out there right now. 

With Koven, the best in Dubstep. 

Good luck Apothecary, should be an awesome experience judging from my own.

To Niteblooded, I only listened to a bit but it was definitely good, and I can give you a site like that for free but I'm not sure if you want that.

Jan 13, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #4,181 of 6,987
EDIT: This was a post linking to S.P.Y's guest mix online that was live on Toronto airwaves just now. It's over, but holy S.P.Y is a MASTER on the decks. I saw him spin for 2 hours last night and he's definitely one of my favourite DJs ever. 

Jan 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #4,182 of 6,987
Quote:

I have NO idea what I'm going to play haha. To be honest, I don't give a **** what people like, I make mixes to my own taste, and that's 80% of the reason I picked up my S4 in the first place, not really with any intent of playing out. But still, I firmly believe in playing out only purchased music, not pirated music which is mostly what my music collection consists of. Anyways, it'll be interesting opening up a night with drum and bass. I have mostly experimental, moody rollers and aggressive neuro, some nice moody liquid too. 

Oh I guess what I'm getting at is I plan on recording this set live, just so I can play it back to myself and listen for mistakes and what not. I'll upload it to dnbshare, maybe Soundcloud if I think it's good enough to promote myself with and share it with you guys. 

Anyways. Talking about this makes me wanna spin. So I'm gonna do that, leave head-fi alone for a while :p

Good luck man! Definitely record it and share it with us!

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #4,183 of 6,987
Just some more of the songs I have been listening to for months / currently love atm.

Trance:

Been one of my favorite trance songs for a long time.

As has this been.

And this.

Chill-Out:

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #4,184 of 6,987
New Progressive House mix with subground and trap. Give it a listen guise.

https://soundcloud.com/raidzer0/clever-mix-name-here-house
Track List:
1. 3LAU - Beat It Barbara (Duck Sauce vs MJ)
2. Pnau vs Tommy Trash vs MGMT - Unite Kids (Tommy Trash Private Bootleg)
3. Wolfgang Gartner - Nuke (Original Mix)
4. Michael Calfan (Feat. Adele) - Set Fire (3LAU Bootleg)
5. Activator & Alex Kidd - Crave (Extended Mix)
6. Nelly Furtado - Parking Lot (Trevor Simpson Trap Remix)

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #4,185 of 6,987
I'll just leave this here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back