Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Oct 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #3,556 of 6,987
As a matter of fact, music tastes are subjective. Stating my own personal opinion in an open thread about music is not "ego stroking". If I pointed out specific songs or even bands people posted and personally lambasted them for it, then those would be insults. 
My tastes in music improved ([COLOR=FF0000]in my opinion[/COLOR]) in part because of people telling me the bands I listened to sucked ([COLOR=FF0000]in their opinion[/COLOR]).

Laughing at someone because you think you know more about an arbitrary genre definition (while being completely incorrect about it), is however an ego stroke.

What were you saying about the pot calling the kettle black?

Just because you think telling someone the music they like sucks helps doesn't mean they feel that way, too. They might even take offense (like me).

Also, if you're going the subjective route isn't my statement about Trap perfectly valid. You can't really have it both ways.

I made the comment about Electronica because it was a poke at the general absurdity of that post as a whole. I guess the Internet isn't a good place for underlying meanings. My bad on that one.

Edit: Untrue and Kindred are Burial's best releases (IMO). His first album is still good, but I'd listen to Untrue over it most days.

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #3,557 of 6,987
In the interest of keeping the thread on topic. Probably my favorite Netsky remix. He just absolutely blows this one up. The bassline the VIP mix drops is even sicker. 

I honestly like the VIP mix even more. I pick it over the original remix every time. The third drop and true DnB flow of it makes it great.

EDIT: People like to talk **** about Pendulum but there really aren't many that actually play DnB live. 

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #3,558 of 6,987
Quote:
Anyone know anything with well recorded female vocals?  Looking for something that might go well with w3000s

For reference, ATB's greatest hits album in flac blew my mind <3

I've only heard one ATB song in my life so I can't really use it as a reference point. However, based on my personal experience I could recommend for example Above & Beyond's latest Group Therapy album for both well recorded female and male vocals. The production and sound quality are both really really nice. If you've heard it already, I'll try to think of something else.

Quote:
Just because you think telling someone the music they like sucks helps doesn't mean they feel that way, too. They might even take offense (like me).
Also, if you're going the subjective route isn't my statement about Trap perfectly valid. You can't really have it both ways.
I made the comment about Electronica because it was a poke at the general absurdity of that post as a whole. I guess the Internet isn't a good place for underlying meanings. My bad on that one.
Edit: Untrue and Kindred are Burial's best releases (IMO). His first album is still good, but I'd listen to Untrue over it most days.

I just ordered Burial's debut and the CD that has both the Street Halo EP and Kindred EP on it. Wasn't aware he had EPs, so thanks.

Oct 26, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #3,559 of 6,987
Game music influenced electronic: http://soundcloud.com/byproduct/elekta9si2012

Hardcore/hardstyle often seems to have something in the song that just doesn't sit well with me. Often it's that the actual melody isn't played enough and the intros are too long.. but then it's primarily club music I guess :)
For example the "yodeling" in this song (I know that kind of singing has a name, but can't remember what it is
wink_face.gif
)

Headhunterz - Psychedelic

And since it's friday, a few more with a similar feeling:
Source Code - I'm Not a Number (Distorted Revelation remix)
VerdyBoy & Synthesiz - Confess Now

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #3,562 of 6,987
I can vouch for the 1st Burial album being very good, its possibly a bit darker than Untrue. Spaceape's sinister vocals on track 3 work so well with the dark churning dubbed strings and relentless tripping up beats. Marvelous. This is not comforting music, this is more fustration and anguish as in early Tricky style.  There are lighter moments aswell but not as heartwarming as Untrue.  Essential If you like Dubstep, simple as.

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #3,564 of 6,987
One of the most melodic prog house producers I've come across:

Oct 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #3,565 of 6,987
Here's something interesting guy's

PERTURBATOR - TERROR 404

"The legend says he's half human, half synthetizer..." I make Dark and Retrofuturistic music inspired by the 80's"

Full album at 'name your price' here.......

http://perturbator.bandcamp.com/album/terror-404?from=discover-top&action=download

Oct 27, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #3,566 of 6,987
The original isn't a monster in name only but this remix by Thomas Penton takes the tech house gem to an entirely new level. The only video I could find on YouTube was not good enough quality to be worth linking here so I decided to upload the song myself just for you guys using uncompressed PCM audio. Sure, YouTube still encoded the audio to what it uses currently, but the end result is considerably better than in the video I found. Remember to watch in 720p to get the best sound.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #3,567 of 6,987
TJ Elite, that was a sweet tune.

Oct 27, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #3,569 of 6,987
Quote:

I've only heard one ATB song in my life so I can't really use it as a reference point. However, based on my personal experience I could recommend for example Above & Beyond's latest Group Therapy album for both well recorded female and male vocals. The production and sound quality are both really really nice. If you've heard it already, I'll try to think of something else.

I just ordered Burial's debut and the CD that has both the Street Halo EP and Kindred EP on it. Wasn't aware he had EPs, so thanks.

Wow, Above and Beyond sounds like exactly what I was looking for.  Big Thanks =D

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #3,570 of 6,987
i dont know if anyone knows of b-complex, hes from somewhere in east Europe and he makes dnb that justs sounds special imho. hes been going for a while actually but i thought id post the song that originally got me into his stuff. it was on the "ukf drum and bass 2010"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back