Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Oct 25, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #3,541 of 6,987
A nice remix to the late 90's classic, Way out West - The Gift:

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #3,543 of 6,987

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #3,545 of 6,987
I think this track (duo) might've been the first time I heard progressive house (well I guess this has more than a hint of deep house in it as well), but I might be wrong. I really love KIWAMU's minimalistic style. Hopefully he releases something equally great in the near future.

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #3,546 of 6,987
Really enjoying Burial
beerchug.gif
 Cheers Morbid!  

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #3,547 of 6,987
Quote:
Lets drop the genre argument since we're basically splitting hairs.

Lets just focus on this one...Let me flip that around and say this. How about you not make your first post in this thread a grand ego stroker that basically reads '90% of the music linked in this thread sucks. Here's what (I consider) real (good) Electronica music is.'

You come in making a comment like that and then try to complain about my ego stroking posts? Pot calling the kettle black, no?

This is a thread that I started 2 years ago now, and it's thrived because we avoid ridiculous, negative comments like yours and just let people post (and like) what they want. We've had a lot more than just you come in and put down everyone else's preferences before and it never goes over well.

Genre arguments are stupid, but insults direct of otherwise are just not cool. I'd say we both need to cool our engines and just link some good music.

As a matter of fact, music tastes are subjective. Stating my own personal opinion in an open thread about music is not "ego stroking". If I pointed out specific songs or even bands people posted and personally lambasted them for it, then those would be insults. 
My tastes in music improved (in my opinion) in part because of people telling me the bands I listened to sucked (in their opinion).

Laughing at someone because you think you know more about an arbitrary genre definition (while being completely incorrect about it), is however an ego stroke.

Quote:
It's the only Trap song I've ever liked. I guess that's an accomplishment? Still a stupid genre, IMO.

What were you saying about the pot calling the kettle black?

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #3,548 of 6,987
Oct 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #3,549 of 6,987
Quote:
Really enjoying Burial
beerchug.gif
 Cheers Morbid!  

Oh yes! Great music I listened every day since I discovered it here

Currently listening to this :

Rone "Tohu Bohu" Album

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #3,550 of 6,987
Quote:
Really enjoying Burial
beerchug.gif
 Cheers Morbid!  

Quote:

Untrue is a hauntingly beautiful album. 

I've been enjoying Untrue for a couple of weeks now. I'm not sure if its surface might sound cold to some people or not, but all I'm sensing from it is inner warmth. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece (I very rarely use that term), and I'm not knowledgeable enough to say if it's even truly unique in any way or not, but it certainly has a very special atmosphere and has true inner beauty. Also thumbs up for sampling Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 and the first track from the Silent Hill 3 OST.

I need to buy the debut album at some point…

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #3,551 of 6,987
Quote:

I've been enjoying Untrue for a couple of weeks now. I'm not sure if its surface might sound cold to some people or not, but all I'm sensing from it is inner warmth. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece (I very rarely use that term), and I'm not knowledgeable enough to say if it's even truly unique in any way or not, but it certainly has a very special atmosphere and has true inner beauty.

Yea, it's heart-wrenching it's so pure. Burial stays under the radar too, so I know he's not just looking for popularity. It's definitely one of a kind, as I've been to the deep undergrounds and back with electronic music and I've found nothing like it.

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #3,552 of 6,987
This one really does it for me. Takes me into the ether.

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #3,554 of 6,987

Heard this at a party over the weekend, can't get it out of my head. Nothing special, just insanely catchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back