Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Oct 23, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #3,526 of 6,987
Quote:

James Blake is great, but I kind of consider it filthy hipster music (I own the LPs, lol). Strangely enough there's been a few 'hi-fi' mags that have loved the album and use it for test tracks. They all made some comment about audiophile Dubstep was never something they thought they'd see. 

Like it! 

Oct 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #3,527 of 6,987
Same with Purity Ring (who I also love). They're both Dubstep for hipsters who don't want to say they like Dubstep. Heck Purity Ring is damn near Trap now that I think about it.

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #3,528 of 6,987
I never considered James Blake's album dubstep and I love the album and dubstep.

I'd consider this to be

Oct 23, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #3,529 of 6,987
Kinda new to this genre. Have always been a metalhead who despised electronic music. But after finishing high school I started to explore other generes and got into them. Finally giving Electronic music a try and so far a couple of groups have stood out for me. Can anyone recommend me some groups that are similar to these:

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #3,530 of 6,987
I used to listen to some Ratatat, pretty good stuff. Just look around Electronic Indie and stuff it you like him. (Lemaitre just came to mind, check them out)

C&K did a great job with this:

And just to mess with Morbid and his hate of Trap, I'm going to post some fantastic trap tunes (loaded with sub-bass):

Oct 24, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #3,532 of 6,987
Quote:
Kinda new to this genre. Have always been a metalhead who despised electronic music. But after finishing high school I started to explore other generes and got into them. Finally giving Electronic music a try and so far a couple of groups have stood out for me. Can anyone recommend me some groups that are similar to these:

you should maybe hear this ?

Oct 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #3,533 of 6,987
Quote:
Instrumental hip hop?  there's a LOT of good stuff out there, here's a few.  i didn't pick out special songs or anything, but enjoy anyways!

i know blockhead, not so impressed actually, the 2nd video was cool, thanks. (3rd one was just annoying)

Quote:

And just to mess with Morbid and his hate of Trap, I'm going to post some fantastic trap tunes (loaded with sub-bass):

i love baauer!

anyway:

Oct 24, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #3,535 of 6,987
Quote:
No it's not (even iTunes calls labels it correctly as Electronic), but I'd appreciate not making your first post in the thread a slight against what a lot of other people in this thread like.

(And no stupid UKF genre arguments either. God I hate YouTube)

Yes it is. It encompasses all the genres we are discussing. "Electronic" defines how the music is made, not the actual aesthetic of the music itself. All modern music could be defined as "electronic" since it all typically involves digital production methods. You can readily look up the definitions on wikipedia. Not that any of this matters.

and I would appreciate you not make pretentious "hahaha, electronica" comments when they serve no purpose but to stroke your unmerited ego about arbitrary genre definitions. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #3,536 of 6,987
Lets drop the genre argument since we're basically splitting hairs.

Lets just focus on this one...Let me flip that around and say this. How about you not make your first post in this thread a grand ego stroker that basically reads '90% of the music linked in this thread sucks. Here's what (I consider) real (good) Electronica music is.'

You come in making a comment like that and then try to complain about my ego stroking posts? Pot calling the kettle black, no?

This is a thread that I started 2 years ago now, and it's thrived because we avoid ridiculous, negative comments like yours and just let people post (and like) what they want. We've had a lot more than just you come in and put down everyone else's preferences before and it never goes over well.

Genre arguments are stupid, but insults direct of otherwise are just not cool. I'd say we both need to cool our engines and just link some good music.

Quote:

Yes it is. It encompasses all the genres we are discussing. "Electronic" defines how the music is made, not the actual aesthetic of the music itself. All modern music could be defined as "electronic" since it all typically involves digital production methods. You can readily look up the definitions on wikipedia. Not that any of this matters.

and I would appreciate you not make pretentious "hahaha, electronica" comments when they serve no purpose but to stroke your unmerited ego about arbitrary genre definitions. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #3,537 of 6,987
It's ok:

Here's a very good song and interesting (to say the least) video:

Also, to the poster inquiring about the video I linked, it was the Camo & Krooked remix of Netsky's song Puppy.

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #3,538 of 6,987
Quote:
Lets drop the genre argument since we're basically splitting hairs.

Lets just focus on this one...Let me flip that around and say this. How about you not make your first post in this thread a grand ego stroker that basically reads '90% of the music linked in this thread sucks. Here's what (I consider) real (good) Electronica music is.'

You come in making a comment like that and then try to complain about my ego stroking posts? Pot calling the kettle black, no?

This is a thread that I started 2 years ago now, and it's thrived because we avoid ridiculous, negative comments like yours and just let people post (and like) what they want. We've had a lot more than just you come in and put down everyone else's preferences before and it never goes over well.

Genre arguments are stupid, but insults direct of otherwise are just not cool. I'd say we both need to cool our engines and just link some good music.

Seriously, right now I'm listening to Dream Thirty by Liquid Mind.  Yeah, that's right, it's ambient relaxation music; but it's good.  The sound develops a slow melody and story over time.  I mention this because I like it, but also because I personally used this thread to discover lots of Dubstep, DnB, and Electro House that I also like. 

So as a net taker on this thread I encourage you, please keep linking good tunes 
biggrin.gif
 ...I read this thread every time I'm listening to electronic music ..

Edit:  In an effort to participate, here's a link:

and yes, the music makes you sleepy :)

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #3,539 of 6,987
Here's a classic, Jose Amnesia feat. Jennifer Rene - Louder (Blake Jarrell's 190 dB Remix):

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #3,540 of 6,987
Another classic from the early 2000s: Thrillseekers feat. Sheryl Deane - Synaesthesia (There are so many good remixes, you'll have to see and hear them all on youtube, I like the Alaska Chill Remix)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back