Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Aug 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #3,031 of 6,987
This hobby.

...lots of money...
Quote:
I transferred €120 to my PayPal account about a week ago so I could pay for something I ended up not getting. Now pretty much all of that has somehow ended up in Beatport's pockets. At least there seem to be new music files on my hard drive, so yay. Music makes me much happier than money anyway...

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #3,033 of 6,987

Metrik triple threat on UKF the past week or so. Blowin' it up as usual. Psyched for all these releases. A little more cheese than I'm used to from him, but still great.

EDIT: The last one (original work) was my favorite.
EDIT2: Holy balls there's an awesome xKore remix on the new EP, too. Hype train.

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #3,034 of 6,987
I haven't had the time to run through this massive thread, so if this has been mentioned before my apology. I have recently been getting into more electronica and Dubstep and I came across Phutureprimitive. I just picked up the flac of the most recent release called Kinetic. I am not very experienced, but I think his work is really very good. Lots of yummy bass and in general very well produced and recorded. I paid $10 US for a 10 song flac download which I felt was quite reasonable, cover art was also provided. www.phutureprimitive.com. When I first landed on the site the page was just a background image so I hit refresh and it appeared so just in case that happens for you now you know.

I also have his album Sub Conscious from 2004 which I like quite a bit as well, more ambient and less aggressive than Kinetic with some nice long tracks.

Thank you for this suggestion. I checked them out and I enjoy both albums. Great price too!

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #3,036 of 6,987
About a year ago I was introduced to an indie game called Sanctum (it's kind of like an FPS combined with a tower defense game). The game features an electronic soundtrack with a rather unique atmosphere/feel to it. The OST can be streamed for free at Bandcamp in its entirety, save for the bonus track which only appears on the purchased soundtrack. I must warn you, though; the soundtrack is VERY expensive. They ask a whopping $0.50 for the whole album (you can pay more if you want). Here is the link to the Bandcamp page: http://coffeestainstudios.bandcamp.com/album/sanctum-fps-td-ost

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #3,037 of 6,987
Glad you liked the Phutureprimitive H2O. I have been playing the new album Kinetic quite a bit since getting it. I love the opening track Cryogenic Dreams and also the 4th track The Changeling. How is your Cowon? My old iPod video (the last iPod with a decent DAC) is on it's last legs and I am considering going the Cowon route as I hear their sound quality is superior to any iPod which I can believe.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #3,038 of 6,987

Linking again because I can't get through a day without hearing this at least 4 times. It's so ******* good. Just absolutely brilliant. Can't wait to see what other remixes drop on the single release.

Aug 28, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #3,040 of 6,987
Quote:
Would like to ask you EDM fans...
Are all songs on beatport lossless files?

Go back one page; I answered a similar question regarding Beatport there, but I'm too lazy to copy-paste it here.

Aug 28, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #3,042 of 6,987
Glad you liked the Phutureprimitive H2O. I have been playing the new album Kinetic quite a bit since getting it. I love the opening track Cryogenic Dreams and also the 4th track The Changling. How is your Cowon? My old iPod video (the last iPod with a decent DAC) is on it's last legs and I am considering going the Cowon route as I hear their sound quality is superior to any iPod which I can believe.

Yes, thank you again. I am enjoying Phutureprimitive, I particularly like the Sub-Concious album as its a little more laid back.

I love my S9, sure is a treat to use, you'll notice better separation, detail and overall a much more professional sound. I recently purchased a new Cowon player, the C2 which is smaller, doesn't have an O-led screen like S9 but comparing them both C2 has basically same sound quality if that's your only interest. It's hard to pick them apart, having the exact same Jet Effects 3.0 built in plus SD expandable memory, 55 hours battery life. Because of it's size and power I am falling in love with it quite quickly. They're going for around $105 for a 4GB model on ebay. I went for 16GB.

I was rocking out to some xKore last night with my TF10 / S9 combo, this shiz was off the scale! We were virtually ready for take off!!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSuuwQgExCM[/VIDEO]

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #3,043 of 6,987
Absolutely love the Kinetic album, definitely dig that kind of style.

To add, I just happened upon a "trap" artist who I cannot stop listening to.  For some reason the high hats, snares and full-bodied bass just brings out the inner kid in me while i'm mobbin down the highway.  Puts a huge smile on my face = D

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #3,044 of 6,987
Baauer is excellent, as well as TNGHT (who you probably already know). That xKore song posted above is awesome too.

On a moderately related note, just listened to ISAM again and starting TBU now. Such an awesome chill mood, both albums are so good it's awesome.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #3,045 of 6,987
@H2O - Thanks for the heads up on the C2, once my Visa is paid down a little more I will start looking at new players seriously, and yes I only care about the sound, other features don't mean anything to me (I don't even own a cell phone). @BigBallin, Kinetic is an amazing album, I swear I listened to Cryogenic Dreams 30 times in only a few days, just so damn good. I bought the flac versions of both the Phutureprimitive albums and they just sound so nice through my speakers or with head-phones. This thread is overwhleming with the amount of quality suggestions, I can't thank you all enough as this is a great way to learn about a genre I'm new to (but have always been interested in). Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back