Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Aug 22, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #3,001 of 6,987

I think you guys are going to have a new artist to start following if you haven't heard of Purity Ring before!!  Just had the awesome luck to get introduced to this song, and am completely blown away that I've never heard of these guys before.  Super dope downtempo with some nice dirty hip hop tones mixed in with great melodics, essentially everything i love about electronic music rolled up into a nicely presented tune.

Another that I've found to be right up my alley:

TL:DR:  Downtempo, dirty hip hop, vocals, synth.  Simply buttery smooth.

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #3,002 of 6,987
I've burned quite a lot of money on Beatport during the last two days. Man, I wish they didn't charge so much for CD-quality files. Oh well. The first track is something I came across today, and it seemed fitting to link it since summer is slowly coming to a close.

The second song is one of my all-time favorites. If you like the track, you might be interested to know that the artist has provided it as a free download and the link can be found in the video's description. Another interesting fact is that the person who made the song - HSP / Hiroyuki ODA (real name Hiro Kanzaki) - also made the illustrations used in the video. Being an animator is actually his actual "day job". So much talent in one person.

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #3,003 of 6,987

Liquicity has been on a roll lately. Both great tracks with different moods. Loving their new moving backgrounds.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #3,004 of 6,987
******* ****ting **** this needs to drop now. Also. I was waiting for that double time DnB drop the whole time...and then it happened. So good...

Quote:
http://soundcloud.com/subfocus/tidal-wave-feat-alpines-preview

October release 
frown.gif

I like this but I feel like it wouldn't get many plays in my library for some reason...

Quote:

I think you guys are going to have a new artist to start following if you haven't heard of Purity Ring before!!  Just had the awesome luck to get introduced to this song, and am completely blown away that I've never heard of these guys before.  Super dope downtempo with some nice dirty hip hop tones mixed in with great melodics, essentially everything i love about electronic music rolled up into a nicely presented tune.

Another that I've found to be right up my alley:

TL:DR:  Downtempo, dirty hip hop, vocals, synth.  Simply buttery smooth.

Both great I have to agree though I don't necessarily think they're different moods. I could see them both dropping in a euphoric DnB set.

Quote:

Liquicity has been on a roll lately. Both great tracks with different moods. Loving their new moving backgrounds.

Again, can you just zip up your collection and send it my way. I have an extra HDD doing nothing in my house right now.

Quote:
I've burned quite a lot of money on Beatport during the last two days. Man, I wish they didn't charge so much for CD-quality files. Oh well. The first track is something I came across today, and it seemed fitting to link it since summer is slowly coming to a close.

The second song is one of my all-time favorites. If you like the track, you might be interested to know that the artist has provided it as a free download and the link can be found in the video's description. Another interesting fact is that the person who made the song - HSP / Hiroyuki ODA (real name Hiro Kanzaki) - also made the illustrations used in the video. Being an animator is actually his actual "day job". So much talent in one person.

Also to actually contribute...Pretty sure it was linked before but I totally forgot xKore put his spin on this one.

http://soundcloud.com/subfocus/falling-down-feat-kenzie-may

Aug 23, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #3,006 of 6,987
Quote:
Again, can you just zip up your collection and send it my way. I have an extra HDD doing nothing in my house right now.

Lossless music takes up so much space I've had to keep buying bigger external HDDs to keep up with the growth of my music library. A couple of months ago I finally bought a 1.5TB HDD which I think still has just over 800GB of free space. I actually have a lot of my older CDs ripped as 256kbps AAC files. If I at some point decide to re-rip them all, I wonder how much additional space that would take… The thing is I nowadays not only input all the track info myself (after cross-referencing every detail online), but I also scan the album artwork. Because of this, re-ripping those older CDs would take… ages.

Here are two tracks I discovered while browsing Beatport. The first one is originally by (DJ) Orion and J.Shore, who apparently are two brothers from Finland. The remixing was done by Michael Cassette, who according to the description are also a duo from Finland. The video I've embedded calls this the Michael Cassette Club Mix, but it's actually the Michael Cassette Remix. The Club Edit is about a minute shorter not containing the quiet section that starts at around 3:40.

The second track is by Kobana. According to his YouTube channel he is from Poland. Beyond that I know nothing about him, but I'll definitely have to browse his discography later on.

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #3,007 of 6,987
This song is so ridiculously awesome (and free). Right before the drop I turn on the Bass Boost on my E10 along with the volume and go insane...

Edit:

This song is also easily one of the best of this year:

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #3,011 of 6,987
I haven't had the time to run through this massive thread, so if this has been mentioned before my apology. I have recently been getting into more electronica and Dubstep and I came across Phutureprimitive. I just picked up the flac of the most recent release called Kinetic. I am not very experienced, but I think his work is really very good. Lots of yummy bass and in general very well produced and recorded. I paid $10 US for a 10 song flac download which I felt was quite reasonable, cover art was also provided. www.phutureprimitive.com. When I first landed on the site the page was just a background image so I hit refresh and it appeared so just in case that happens for you now you know.

I also have his album Sub Conscious from 2004 which I like quite a bit as well, more ambient and less aggressive than Kinetic with some nice long tracks.

Aug 24, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #3,012 of 6,987
I found the first track last night on Beatport when I had difficulties falling asleep. I was actually trying to find the original mix, but couldn't find the full version on YouTube so you'll have to make do with this awesome remix by Shingo Nakamura instead.

Initially I was thinking of pairing the first track with another progressive house song, because that's what I've been listening to lately, but then I decided to mix it up a little and link something that has a bit more drive. Couldn't find any trance tracks that came to mind, so here's a vocatrance piece instead. The song has a bit of a twist about 3½ minutes into the song. If you happen to like the song, it's available for free as part of a free EP that can be downloaded here: http://fsr.jpn.org/ep2/nowords/

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #3,013 of 6,987
Quote:

I like this but I feel like it wouldn't get many plays in my library for some reason...

Yea, it's surprisingly addictive though.  I see me getting the most listening time out of that album late at night fooling around with chicks on the weekends.  Something about that downtemp dirty hip hop just oozes sex music haha.

Contributing without a video this time, Does anyone else out there hate it when artists don't play their original productions at live shows!?  I'm totally down with a few remixes here and there, or another artist's song entirely once in a while, but I saw Mimosa the other weekend, and all he did was play remixes of hip hop tunes and other people's music.  He didn't play a single cut from 58 degress of psychadelic stereo. . . it was really disappointing. . .
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back