Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jul 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #2,791 of 6,987

Wow. This is hilarious in the fact that it's pretty much right on (the elders). Might be Skrillex, but they're pretty much right.

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #2,792 of 6,987
This song is from the game Dirt 3. But it seems to be impossible to download it anywhere. 
Tek-One - LHC Blues

I like this one as well.
Chase and Status ft. Liam Bailey - Blind Faith

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #2,793 of 6,987
Listening to BT's If the Stars are Eternal So are You and I, so far very pleased. The first song seems to be a bit different than the stuff on TBU. Can't wait to get through the whole album. Will probably have to get it on CD if it exceeds my expectations.

Jul 7, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #2,796 of 6,987
Benga is good dubstep. Him and that Coki guy. I'm not too keen on Dubstep but it's alright.

I'm currently listening to Fracus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCzCB7Ax-6A

I'm trying to find new hardcore (happy hardcore specifically). I've already pretty much found everything I enjoy by Dougal & Gammer, Breeze & Styles, Hixxy, UFO, Brisk & Ham, Scott Brown, Weaver, Squad-E, Storm. These are the people I most enjoy. I don't really like Sharkey, Kevin Energy, etc. etc.

If anyone's got some good stuff to listen to, I'd appreciate it so much. I'd say my favorites are definitely D&G, B&S, Hixxy, and Brown.

Jul 7, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #2,797 of 6,987

This is my favorite HH tune of all time. When that hard kick starts to drop. Hoo boy. The remixes are excellent, too. Darwin did one and the only thing S3RL ever did that was good was the remix of this song. 

Anon is another artist to look into. He's done some really cool remixes of more modern songs that work really well. High energy synths more so than usual in HH stuff. Usually solid vocals.

Orbit1 is yet another artist to look into. Usually a lot going on in his music, very...'middle of the set' jams. This song slams after the first break.
----
I'll go ahead and do 2 more of my favorite here as well to get you started. 

CubeHard

CLSM

A little history lesson for ya.

Jul 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #2,798 of 6,987
Here's a Deep House artist that I recently discovered. It's surprisingly good!
"Illumination" - Hiroshi Watanabe

Jul 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #2,799 of 6,987
Haha I am simply blown away with that Lumin8 River Flows In You song. I am amazed. It's a bit different than what I'm used to but I really like it. I'll be looking up some more.

Anon - Sunshine is hit or miss for me, the build up is quite stale, the melody is alright, the bass hits hard though. I don't like it as much as Lumin8 or Orbit1.

Orbit1's song you linked is really nice too. I like this one. Again, different then what I'm used to, but very nice overall.

I've always liked CubeHard, especially his remixes.

I should look into what this Australia with Force is. If it's an album, I'm used to Bonkers and HTID and Clubland etc. (Edit: it appears to just be the label, shame :p But at least I'm on the discography page now)

If you got any more artists to throw in, throw em at me! I'll be youtubing Lumin8 and Orbit1 for a good few hours now :D

Jul 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #2,800 of 6,987
Vagabond, Joey Riot, S3RL (I guess), Sy, Al Storm, Re-Con, Voodoo & Serano...I'd go with those. You're already familiar with the big and best though. 

Dougal & Gammer, Brisk & Ham, Squad-E, Scott Brown, etc.

Heads up this is the only other S3RL song I think is worth a damn. Catchy as hell. So much cheese.

If you haven't looked for it already there you go. Fantastic remix of Rivers. The lead synth that comes in at :45 is so good. 

EDIT:
Squad-E rocks out a classic.

Quote:
Haha I am simply blown away with that Lumin8 River Flows In You song. I am amazed. It's a bit different than what I'm used to but I really like it. I'll be looking up some more.

Anon - Sunshine is hit or miss for me, the build up is quite stale, the melody is alright, the bass hits hard though. I don't like it as much as Lumin8 or Orbit1.

Orbit1's song you linked is really nice too. I like this one. Again, different then what I'm used to, but very nice overall.

I've always liked CubeHard, especially his remixes.

I should look into what this Australia with Force is. If it's an album, I'm used to Bonkers and HTID and Clubland etc.

If you got any more artists to throw in, throw em at me! I'll be youtubing Lumin8 and Orbit1 for a good few hours now :D

Jul 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #2,801 of 6,987
Hahaha I knew I was forgetting some peeps. Re-Con is brilliant, and his remixes are top notch. Sy & Unknown is hit or miss. I enjoy some of their songs, but I find I think it's Sy who does the vocals (correct me if I'm wrong) to be a bit of a try-hard.

S3RL...I knew that name was familiar. This is one of my favorites since my friend sent it to me 4 years ago...or more!

S3RL - Here We Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA8K8jfQJcE&hd=1

What don't you like about S3RL? You seem to be hiding some neutral feelings about the artist :p

I've heard of Joey Riot / Voodoo / VAGABOND, I've just never given the time to listen to them. I've always skipped them on CDs I listened to <_<

Tricky Disco is awesome. I love at 1:20 when the soft chords come in.

Jul 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #2,802 of 6,987
After listening to that song you linked it made me remember. 

He's too cheesy (tough for HH), and more than anything he has no sense of rhythm. In most of his songs some instrument he's using is off (meaning off beat). In that one it's the high hats.

He also like to borrow from more prominent artists (especially the old ones like early Hixxy and Sharkey) and then slaughter whatever he takes from them. Mainly his lead synths and 'bounce' kicks.

Quote:
Hahaha I knew I was forgetting some peeps. Re-Con is brilliant, and his remixes are top notch. Sy & Unknown is hit or miss. I enjoy some of their songs, but I find I think it's Sy who does the vocals (correct me if I'm wrong) to be a bit of a try-hard.

S3RL...I knew that name was familiar. This is one of my favorites since my friend sent it to me 4 years ago...or more!

S3RL - Here We Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA8K8jfQJcE&hd=1

What don't you like about S3RL? You seem to be hiding some neutral feelings about the artist :p

I've heard of Joey Riot / Voodoo / VAGABOND, I've just never given the time to listen to them. I've always skipped them on CDs I listened to <_<

Jul 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #2,803 of 6,987
Since you've been helpful with my happy hardcore scene, can I ask for some suggestions that are along the lines of this kind of hardcore (I guess it would be considered hardstyle?):

Al Storm - Trick or Treat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPC1OV1_lFg

D&G - Hard as ****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hR5XnE-Yg

I really love the hard bass. And it's not as hard as Gabber, but I dislike Gabber intensely. I didn't link it, but along the same Vinyl as Hard as **** is Domination which I enjoy too.

*Not sure how to embed, I tried the youtube embed link, it's probably some icon here in this posting interface but..I'm a tad bit lazy :D

Jul 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #2,804 of 6,987
I'd call most Hardcore like this Hard Dance. Unfortunately there's not nearly enough of it out there, but this is one of my favorites. All your good HH guys do some Hard Dance eventually. 

Gammer

Quote:
Since you've been helpful with my happy hardcore scene, can I ask for some suggestions that are along the lines of this kind of hardcore (I guess it would be considered hardstyle?):

Al Storm - Trick or Treat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPC1OV1_lFg

D&G - Hard as ****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hR5XnE-Yg

I really love the hard bass. And it's not as hard as Gabber, but I dislike Gabber intensely. I didn't link it, but along the same Vinyl as Hard as **** is Domination which I enjoy too.

*Not sure how to embed, I tried the youtube embed link, it's probably some icon here in this posting interface but..I'm a tad bit lazy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back