Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jul 1, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #2,776 of 6,987
really dissapointed me, how do you like it?

I've been enjoying since release but that came in a few days ago.

I really liked it. Sans a few songs.

EDIT: The only songs I wasn't particularly thrilled by were 911 and Squad Up (really wish they'd included and Instrumental of this one). I love the Neurofunk tracks he tossed in, and the more 'Arena' sound while not typical Netsky was great. He brought something fresh to that genre in that his Arena jams sound happier than most.

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #2,777 of 6,987
This one's delicious.
"Tokyo Dub" - Juno Reactor

Would you guys think it classifies as dubstep or just normal dub or goa trance?

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #2,778 of 6,987
It's straight Dub. At least that's what I'd classify it as. 

Dub is going to be slow, consistent, minimal 4 on the floor stuff. Constant kicks. Dubstep is broken and you don't always get notes on beat. Goa Trance usually has a build of some sort and is usually faster than straight Dub. 

This is Dub (as the title suggests). Constant 1/4 kicks and it puts you in more of a relaxed state than most Goa stuff would. It just kind of flows, and that's what Dub does.

EDIT: I ******* love Juno Reactor, by the way. 

Quote:
This one's delicious.
"Tokyo Dub" - Juno Reactor

Would you guys think it classifies as dubstep or just normal dub or goa trance?

Jul 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #2,779 of 6,987
Alright guys. I was poking around Beatport today to catch up on some artists and labels I'd been missing releases from...and I found my favorite for 2012 so far.

http://www.beatport.com/release/your-secret-ep/909558

Dropped on Inspected and nothing like the stuff they've released previously. It's amazing...Just...wow...It's finds like this from an artist I've never heard of that make me love these genres.

EDIT: I'll drop this little remix on your too. Massive remix of Falling Down.

Jul 1, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #2,780 of 6,987
Oh I think I know what I want to do as my first foray back into spinning when I get my controller. 

Think I'm going to do a Borgore mini mix. Just slam a bunch of his harder hitting stuff together for a few minutes of fun. He's a guilty pleasure but the pauses and breaks between his drops will make for some fun switch ups.

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #2,781 of 6,987
Yea that Asa release was great, favorite track was Tinderbox.

Borgore is definitely a lot of fun, usually one of my first choices when I want to do my favorite leisure activity: playing obnoxiously loud Brostep out of my obnoxiously large suburban in my snobby little town.

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #2,782 of 6,987
Good passtime. :D

Also...JUST INCASE ANYONE DOESN'T KNOW. Both of BT's new albums dropped...I bought both CDs and I think they'll show up this weekend.

Hype train is in full swing.

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #2,786 of 6,987
Jul 4, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #2,787 of 6,987
Ok, it's not a song but it's absolutely hilarious :D

Still closely related to electronic music.

Jul 6, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #2,790 of 6,987
Stumbleine - Heart Shaped Locket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back