Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Apr 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #2,266 of 6,987
Noisecontrollers, Pavo, and Coone are a few others that come to mind as well. If you want some diversity in it, if you just download a Qlimax album or Defqon 1 album you should get to hear a bunch of different popular artists. And of course, there's always Headhunterz.

Quote:
Any hardstyle recommendation? Starting to listen to the genre. A little bit of help would be appreciated.

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2,267 of 6,987
Hardstyle as hard as it gets

Apr 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #2,273 of 6,987
I posted a few songs a page or two back (Jet Set Radio Future soundtrack). Fun stuff!
While it may not -technically- be breakbeat, a lot of '90s upbeat hip hop like Heavy D or Bell Biv Devoe (at least the song Poison, anyway) can be good breakbeat-type stuff. Alternatively, searching "breakbeat" on youtube is not a half bad strategy :p

Quote:
Anybody here listen to Breakbeat? I have heard a few songs, I like it. Any recommendations?

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #2,274 of 6,987

Quote:
Anybody here listen to Breakbeat? I have heard a few songs, I like it. Any recommendations?

While I wasn't listening exclusively to breakbeat in the 90's, I listened to it a lot. I listened more to Big Beat though.

Anyway, a recommendation that most people seem to have missed, is Monkey Mafia. Although not technically Breakbeat, it's still geared towards Breakbeat and Big Beat (though I've heard some call it dub:ish as well..).

Pretty rad that the last song (Blow the whole joint up) is from 1995.

Bonus, Monkey Mafia had one of the best logos for a band of all time, imo:

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #2,277 of 6,987
Just bought these two tunes last night, been playing the **** out of them since I got them.  Ahh, just amazing.  

Seriously...Biome is one talented producer.  LOVE the vibe all of his stuff has, its just massive with my humble basshead rig.  Also purchased some Phaeleh tunes I hadnt heard.  Got the Reflections EP and some other assorted tracks.  Weeding through JunoDownloads and filling my cart with more tunes at the moment as well.  So happy 
L3000.gif

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #2,279 of 6,987

Quote:
It's not getting a release 
frown.gif
  Maybe that will change, but I doubt it.  Major tune though

Here's a new remix from Opiuo..I dig it

Not my favorite from him, but its still pretty good stuff.  He is still my favorite in the genre though..tipper in close 2nd

Saw no mention of tippers new EP coming out called 'Puzzle Dust' so Ill throw this up too, from the EP obviously

Just saw him perform live for the first time a few weeks ago, great show

Feed Me was beyond awesome Friday night as well.  Kill the Noise had a lame set though, to be honest.  Oh well, still a great time.  

i may be able to get that badman VIP.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back