Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Mar 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #2,236 of 6,987
Travis I picked up the BT These Hopeful Machines 2CD album. Every track is great. Thanks for the recommendation.

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #2,237 of 6,987
Really glad to hear that you liked it. 2 hours of fantastic music. If you want some other (different flavor) BT stuff give This Binary Universe and ESCM a shot, too. 

Heck, if you liked it enough I have an extra copy of the 4 disc set with all 65 remixes on it. :D

Quote:
Travis I picked up the BT These Hopeful Machines 2CD album. Every track is great. Thanks for the recommendation.

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #2,238 of 6,987
This album seems to be different than some of the BT stuff you had linked in this thread a while back that I was ambivalent about.

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #2,239 of 6,987
This album seems to be different than some of the BT stuff you had linked in this thread a while back that I was ambivalent about.

The others are less vocal and more soundscape-y.

In that case...look out for the 'follow up' to These Hopeful Machines hitting this year. Or just watch my posts because I'll be flipping my lid when it releases.

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #2,240 of 6,987
I really hope this gets released.....

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #2,243 of 6,987
Been listening to this album called Vanquish by Bobby Tank a little bit recently. It's kind of like... glitch? DnB? Something in between there. Haven't heard all too much like it before, so I'm not too familiar with what to classify it as. The first track is pretty good; in FLAC, it's sounds -awesome- on headphones, too.

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #2,244 of 6,987
Also, a genre that really doesn't get any attention here (but that I quite enjoy) is breakbeat. Not all that much new-age breakbeat is turned out these days compared to dub and dnb though I suppose :p Nevertheless, for any of you videogame junkies out there, I maintain that Jet Set Radio Future (JSRF) has one of the best soundtracks ever, some real quality breakbeat. And for any bboys or bgirls, it's definitely fun dance music :D

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #2,246 of 6,987

Quote:
Wow...is the whole album like that? That sounds fantastic...I want more...

(assuming you're referring to the Bobby Tank stuff) There's definitely a similar sound to all of the tunes on it. The first is probably the best, but I like the second one too (title song, called Vanquish). Worth checking out if it struck a chord with you.

As a side note, I can't remember if I plugged Emancipator or not earlier, but he makes some great down-tempo trip hop. Three free downloads here in FLAC, if it interests you. The first song, Shook (a Mobb Deep remix) has been my jam recently.

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #2,249 of 6,987

Quote:
      I kinda felt the same way with trance and this thread.  (dubstep and D&B really are the favorite here...)  Just wanted to say that I liked your post.  Found a few new good artists!  Thank You!

Here's a perfect fusion of prog and uplifting trance into one epic song.  Enjoy!

You guys have a great day now!

Great dude always nice to let people discover new artists.....
atsmile.gif
and yeah most is Dubstep and D&B here and some i do like,but am very very picky in what i think is good music but when i like it i like it A LOT.......there is also a album from Pretty lights called filling up the city skies and man what a album not all tracks but like 6 that are just outstanding!!!! i thought someone spoke of it earlier in this topic....grtzzzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back