Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Feb 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #1,986 of 6,987
Some trance music :)

Camo and krooked are also dope!

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #1,987 of 6,987
Great song here, was up for free DL, sadly it isn't anymore...

This sounds amazing on Stax, I'll have to try on my UERM later. Have to swap RCA cables on amps so not entirely convenient to A-B.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #1,988 of 6,987
We should get together and spin sometime.  I spin mostly dnb these days, but I must confess I have a case full of UK hardcore and hardstyle vinyl.  Don't tell anyone though.

God I want to start DJing again. I should really buckle down and try to make a career out of it this time instead of just playing random gigs.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #1,989 of 6,987
I started spinning with UK Hardcore. It still has a soft spot in my heart, but the scene has been terrible lately.

I'd be down for that anytime. Maybe some back to back once I get my swagger back. It's been almost 2 years since I mixed anything, so I'll be super rusty. The last set I did was a Prog/Electro House mix. It came out okay, but not up to par at all.

EDIT: Is there anywhere besides friggin' Waterloo to get EDM vinyl around here? They don't have much, but every now and then I find a gem (like Skream's Anticipate I picked up last time).

Quote:
We should get together and spin sometime.  I spin mostly dnb these days, but I must confess I have a case full of UK hardcore and hardstyle vinyl.  Don't tell anyone though.

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #1,990 of 6,987
Yup, all the stuff I have older.  Circa 2006-2008.  It's ok, I'm not a pro or anything.  Right now my setup is incomplete, I usually have a buddy over who brings his 1200s so we can spin vinyl and traktor.

I sold my tables when I stopped playing a lot so I just have a minimalist rig of a CDJ800 & CDJ400 to a Pioneer DJM800.  If I ever got back into it I want to buy some 900s, but I only spin once every few months now with my buddy.  I was half contemplating bringing the DJM800 to the head-fi meet so it can be used for some A/B source comparisons, but I think it would color the sound.  Might be fun who knows.

I haven't bought vinyl local in a long time, I used to buy everything from juno.co.uk mostly.

Aside from trance, waterloo never had much that I was looking for.

Apart from the fun factor, I'm over vinyl for a DJ setup anyway.  I prefer it from a mixing skills aspect, it's fun, but when it comes down to the mix and putting on a show, you can't beat the functionality of digital.  Along with portability.  If I wanted to get some new tracks for a night, you have to wait 2 weeks for the stuff to come in from overseas.  Now you can download a whole sets worth from juno.co.uk or trackitdown.net and have a fun night with new stuff. 

Quote:
I started spinning with UK Hardcore. It still has a soft spot in my heart, but the scene has been terrible lately.

I'd be down for that anytime. Maybe some back to back once I get my swagger back. It's been almost 2 years since I mixed anything, so I'll be super rusty. The last set I did was a Prog/Electro House mix. It came out okay, but not up to par at all.

EDIT: Is there anywhere besides friggin' Waterloo to get EDM vinyl around here? They don't have much, but every now and then I find a gem (like Skream's Anticipate I picked up last time).

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #1,991 of 6,987
Yeah I don't plan on ever hauling vinyl to a gig. When I was heavy into it and playing gigs regularly I had a pair of CDJ800mk2s and a DJM 800. Along with a pair of Mackie SRM450s for the right kick. I loved those speakers.

The NS6 looks like a great package, especially at 1000 bucks. Really looking forward to getting mine, but I'll need a new laptop once I get more mobile again. For now I'll just hit up Itch via my iMac.

As long as you're rolling with Pioneer gear I'd call it anything but minimalist. Especially with a DJM800. That thing is still the standard for a reason. I dabbled a bit with Rane stuff and really liked it, but the Pioneer is what you'll find in house most of the time. You might not have Ableton going, but I've always hated Ableton anyway. :D

Quote:
Yup, all the stuff I have older.  Circa 2006-2008.  It's ok, I'm not a pro or anything.  Right now my setup is incomplete, I usually have a buddy over who brings his 1200s so we can spin vinyl and traktor.

I sold my tables when I stopped playing a lot so I just have a minimalist rig of a CDJ800 & CDJ400 to a Pioneer DJM800.  If I ever got back into it I want to buy some 900s, but I only spin once every few months now with my buddy.  I was half contemplating bringing the DJM800 to the head-fi meet so it can be used for some A/B source comparisons, but I think it would color the sound.  Might be fun who knows.

I haven't bought vinyl local in a long time, I used to buy everything from juno.co.uk mostly.

Aside from trance, waterloo never had much that I was looking for.

Apart from the fun factor, I'm over vinyl for a DJ setup anyway.  I prefer it from a mixing skills aspect, it's fun, but when it comes down to the mix and putting on a show, you can't beat the functionality of digital.  Along with portability.  If I wanted to get some new tracks for a night, you have to wait 2 weeks for the stuff to come in from overseas.  Now you can download a whole sets worth from juno.co.uk or trackitdown.net and have a fun night with new stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back