Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Feb 26, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #1,996 of 6,987
I'm not a fan of dubstep but I've been listening to Skrillex's Scary Monster and Nice Sprites album just to try to understand and explore this genre. Not my cup of tea but weirdly, I began to like it a little bit more. When I listen to tracks such as Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, All I Ask of You, With You, Friends with my DT-880 Pro, I can't stand it because it sounds very, very harsh but when I switched to my Shure SE425 with comply foam tips, it's totally different. It's listenable! Maybe Skrillex sounds way better inside your head than outside.

Feb 26, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #1,997 of 6,987

Quote:
Love both of these. The enormous sound stage present in these tracks is especially nice.

Couldn't agree more.  Killer tunes both.  The sub-bass in that second one is nice too. 
L3000.gif

Edit-  Delayed reaction I know; got behind and am still working my way through this.  Best thread.  

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #1,999 of 6,987
Don't listen to Skrillex to get an idea of Dubstep. Go through at least the last 30 pages of the thread and you'll find better representations of the genre. If you like it, that's great, but it's not really Dubstep if it aint rockin' some sub-bass, IMO.

Oh, and Skrillex is a tough sell in or out of my head. :D

Quote:
I'm not a fan of dubstep but I've been listening to Skrillex's Scary Monster and Nice Sprites album just to try to understand and explore this genre. Not my cup of tea but weirdly, I began to like it a little bit more. When I listen to tracks such as Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, All I Ask of You, With You, Friends with my DT-880 Pro, I can't stand it because it sounds very, very harsh but when I switched to my Shure SE425 with comply foam tips, it's totally different. It's listenable! Maybe Skrillex sounds way better inside your head than outside.

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #2,000 of 6,987
Ahhhhhhh. So hype. When that song drops in I'm like 'He's back and better than ever.'

Calling it: Possible album of the year.

EDIT: In case anyone missed it... http://www.ministryofsound.com/shop/product/music/39055/hot-right-now/ Camo & Krooked Remix is sick, as well as the original. DJ Fresh kicks out another jam. Full album in 2012. F yes. Comes out to only $5.50 for both download sets. Their shipping is ridiculous or I'd get the vinyl, too.

Quote:
Sub Focus, teasing way too early but whatever....

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #2,002 of 6,987

Quote:
Don't listen to Skrillex to get an idea of Dubstep. Go through at least the last 30 pages of the thread and you'll find better representations of the genre. If you like it, that's great, but it's not really Dubstep if it aint rockin' some sub-bass, IMO.

Oh, and Skrillex is a tough sell in or out of my head. :D

Well it's still not my cup of tea so it will take a long time for me to get used to it. Great for using it as a soundtrack during an action scene from a movie though 
wink_face.gif

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #2,003 of 6,987

Quote:
Well it's still not my cup of tea so it will take a long time for me to get used to it. Great for using it as a soundtrack during an action scene from a movie though 
wink_face.gif

Definitely disagree with that.  

And honestly, if you dont like the music now...why "get used to it"?  Because your friends like it?  Just listen to what sounds good to you.  

Anyways, been playing a LOT of Biome lately...so many amazing tunes, not many of which I own so I have been listening to them on youtube and the like.  Cant wait until friday (payday) so I can spend a good amount of money buying new tunes.  

^^Easily one of my favorite Biome tunes, HUGE!

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #2,005 of 6,987
I just stated my opinion..I see no issue in trying to expand your taste, but when you have to force it...well I dont know.  I demo different music to see if I like it, and possibly take interest in another genre but if after giving it a real try I dont like it, Im not about to try and force myself to enjoy it.  If dude wants to force himself to like dubstep more power to him, but I for one dont understand why.

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #2,006 of 6,987

Quote:
I just stated my opinion..I see no issue in trying to expand your taste, but when you have to force it...well I dont know.  I demo different music to see if I like it, and possibly take interest in another genre but if after giving it a real try I dont like it, Im not about to try and force myself to enjoy it.  If dude wants to force himself to like dubstep more power to him, but I for one dont understand why.

I'm not really forcing. Just very curious and I like to taste new things and explore a bit more. I will definitively not stay away from Dubstep, maybe I will be checking it out more than usual if the mood takes me and be more careful to what I listen to.

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #2,007 of 6,987

I didn't like dubstep very much or at all at first.  It has grown on me.  On that subject I can think of countless albums I didn't like the first go and then later on thinking how good it was.
Quote:

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #2,008 of 6,987
That has happened to me before, but in my case it was a change of headphones that made all the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back