Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
May 31, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #421 of 6,987

Really enjoyed...Must download...

EDIT: Mediafire-ed in 320. First link on Google. Oh happy day.
Quote:

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #422 of 6,987
This thread is all kinds of win - big thank-you to the so-far contributors.  I'll finish reading the whole thing then add any of my suggestions which haven't been mentioned yet.

Thanks,
Cam

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #423 of 6,987
http://soundcloud.com/nit-grit/bomber

I'd embed a youtube video, but this just got released about an hour ago.  Heavy, Melodic, Gritty.  I love it!

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #425 of 6,987

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #426 of 6,987
Whew! Just got through the 29 pages of the thread. I discovered a lot of great artists and songs, so thank you everyone for your contributions and for the listens! I thought I should also contribute by sharing some songs. So here goes:

All songs posted go under the electronic-rock genre (didn't see anything similar on the thread), additionally, I chose songs that are more electronic oriented to better suit the thread. Enjoy!

Jun 4, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #427 of 6,987
I actually own the entire discog for Blue Stahli/Bret Autrey/Remorse Code AND the entire Celldweller discog. 

Some of my favorite gaming music, actually.

Quote:
Whew! Just got through the 29 pages of the thread. I discovered a lot of great artists and songs, so thank you everyone for your contributions and for the listens! I thought I should also contribute by sharing some songs. So here goes:

All songs posted go under the electronic-rock genre (didn't see anything similar on the thread), additionally, I chose songs that are more electronic oriented to better suit the thread. Enjoy!

Jun 5, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #428 of 6,987
Yeah, their songs get you hyped, I always hear them in gaming montages.

Jun 5, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #429 of 6,987

Jun 5, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #430 of 6,987
Guys you gotta check this video, very impressive

Jun 6, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #431 of 6,987
Can some of you recommend me some music?
I want to get pumped - I don't want atmosphere or something tripping but raw power. I don't like the sound of synthesizers too much, but I like fast beats.
I don't know what the genre is called precisely, but here is some electronic music I like:

- WipEout soundtrack (if I check the artists featured their albums seem to be a lot softer than the soundtrack. Like Kraftwerk, for example.)
- Daniel Haaksman - Rambazamba (found on iTunes. Actually, it is a little too happy and colorful)
- Jason Grey - Abyss EP (also found on iTunes)

I know this isn't much, but I don't like Moby and I'm not happy enough for Fatboy Slim, so... :)
I also don't like too much darkness and distorted guitars from bands/DJs? like Wumpscut, Funker Vogt or Skinny Puppy.

Edit: I like those Blue Stahli clips! The following clips are too monotone and seem almost disturbing to me...

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #432 of 6,987
Raster - Noton hit the jackpot for the second time this year. A couple of weeks ago, they released the brilliant alva noto / ryuichi sakamoto combo, and they're releasing (and yes, it has leaked) Kangding Ray's second album this week. I still need to listen to his first one though. The only release of Kanding Ray that I am familliar with besides OR (his new album) is Pruitt Igoe. Which I digged bigtime. And guess what? It's featured on this album as well, yet in a slightly evolved version which is almost burial esque and possibly even better than the original. The best thing about it is it's accessability, to me, raster - noton is prone to releasing crap. Well, stuff I think is crappy because it sort of gets lost in endless experimentation (like this). Kangding Ray, on the other hand, is just a tad more difficult to get into then, again, burial. Anyway, I think the album is brilliant and anyone who likes IDM / post-dubstep should at least give it a shot.

Snippets!

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #435 of 6,987

Quote:
Can some of you recommend me some music?
I want to get pumped - I don't want atmosphere or something tripping but raw power. I don't like the sound of synthesizers too much, but I like fast beats.
I don't know what the genre is called precisely, but here is some electronic music I like:

- WipEout soundtrack (if I check the artists featured their albums seem to be a lot softer than the soundtrack. Like Kraftwerk, for example.)
- Daniel Haaksman - Rambazamba (found on iTunes. Actually, it is a little too happy and colorful)
- Jason Grey - Abyss EP (also found on iTunes)

I know this isn't much, but I don't like Moby and I'm not happy enough for Fatboy Slim, so... :)
I also don't like too much darkness and distorted guitars from bands/DJs? like Wumpscut, Funker Vogt or Skinny Puppy.

Edit: I like those Blue Stahli clips! The following clips are too monotone and seem almost disturbing to me...

Hey man I think I can put you on the right path. I'll post some things up this evening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back