Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Apr 1, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #5,373 of 6,987
You must hate house music :p
... Pretty much. Just not a very well done genre. The house music I've heard is just the same melodies repeated for 3-5 minutes.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #5,375 of 6,987
The house music I've heard is just the same melodies repeated for 3-5 minutes.

Welcome to house music. 
tongue.gif
 Do you like Justice? Wait, that's a stupid question, everyone loves Justice.

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #5,379 of 6,987
Is June 2013 new? Unfortunately, the EP I linked was a one-off for that artist. That particular alias usually does hardcore DnB.

Well my last good white label I bought in 99, so ya that's new :wink:

I like the d n b and break-oriented dub step a lot, but that was a refreshing slab of jungle. Thanks again, will be hunting more

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #5,380 of 6,987
I like Skrillex's new album, it's actually quite good. My favourite song is **** That.

On a side note: anybody here listen to the Digitally Imported Radio station on there phones ? Basically it's an internet station that plays various EDM sub genres.

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #5,381 of 6,987
I like house, well, some of it, but I don't understand the hype. Deadmau5 is considered a god by most people's standards and I find nearly all his tracks to be monotonous and boring.

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #5,383 of 6,987
Most plain house bores me to death. Not that that many people even seem to be making it these days. Prog house on the other hand I could happily listen for days. The good stuff, naturally. Well-executed deep and tech house also never fail to pique my interest. I get bored easily if the music is mediocre, but repetition has nothing to do with it. There's good and bad repetition, and in the right hands a piece where minimal development is one of the goal, the result can be marvelous. Making something that is complex and appealing takes a lot of effort. Making something that seems simple but works exceptionally well requires something that you can't make up for with just countless hours of work: experience, skill and taste, and of course that ever-important spark of inspiration.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #5,384 of 6,987
Most plain house bores me to death. Not that that many people even seem to be making it these days. Prog house on the other hand I could happily listen for days. The good stuff, naturally. Well-executed deep and tech house also never fail to pique my interest. I get bored easily if the music is mediocre, but repetition has nothing to do with it. There's good and bad repetition, and in the right hands a piece where minimal development is one of the goal, the result can be marvelous. Making something that is complex and appealing takes a lot of effort. Making something that seems simple but works exceptionally well requires something that you can't make up for with just countless hours of work: experience, skill and taste, and of course that ever-important spark of inspiration.
well said. I agree... Although I haven't heard prog house, only progstep.

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #5,385 of 6,987
Putting this one out there because I'm quite sure someone here is going to enjoy it. Now halfway through I can say that it's a well produced album in my opinion. Plus, it's a Name Your Price.

http://stateazure.bandcamp.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back