Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Apr 11, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #5,401 of 6,987
Apr 11, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #5,402 of 6,987
"Still Ragamuffin" by Spag Heddy.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #5,403 of 6,987
  Yeah. I haven't listened to very much deadmau5, but he has made both progressive house and electro house.

which proves my point. (although I'm probably being pedantic a**hole here, apologies in advance.)

house, just as many other genres names (dubstep, for instance) has been used as a broad definition for genres that have very little in common to with the "original" meaning of the word itself.

expl

dub (as derivative of dub, which is a defined genre) + step (derivative of two-step, a genre with a defined rhythmic structure) =

dubby in two-step, wich of course has nothing to do with the music that nowadays is commonly referred as dubstep.

still the name remains..

go listen to some Chicago house, then some ****ty prog house, I dare you to say the are the same thing :p

Apr 12, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #5,408 of 6,987
Found this one, liking it very much.

Riley Warren - Eternal Sonata

https://soundcloud.com/djrileywarren/eterna-sonata

Apr 17, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #5,410 of 6,987
Usually I stay away from releases wearing the Psybient or Psychill tag but am impressed and bopping my head to this. Sorry for repeating myself but another TH-600 killer
jecklinsmile.gif

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #5,412 of 6,987
Apr 18, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #5,413 of 6,987
  Is Chillstep a part of EDM music? Found this awsome bass while browsing for music.
https://soundcloud.com/best-of-chillstep/let-go

Thx, very nice :)

Question how would this sound with the Senn's HD600's? or should I get different cans for this kind of music?

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #5,414 of 6,987

Question how would this sound with the Senn's HD600's? or should I get different cans for this kind of music?

I've never understood people who say they use these and these cans for this and this kind of music and these and these cans for some other kind of music. If your headphones only work for certain kind of music but not another, then there is something wrong with your headphones. It's plain simple.

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #5,415 of 6,987

Is Chillstep a part of EDM music? Found this awsome bass while browsing for music.
https://soundcloud.com/best-of-chillstep/let-go

It's a great headphone but generally not recommended for a genre like EDM. Depending on how you like your sound there's many routes to go. In that price bracket a Denon D2000 or Beyerdynamic DT990 comes to mind.

Thx, very nice
smily_headphones1.gif

I've never understood people who say they use these and these cans for this and this kind of music and these and these cans for some other kind of music. If your headphones only work for certain kind of music but not another, then there is something wrong with your headphones. It's plain simple.

Once upon a time I would have agreed with you. I have been happy with just one headphone (Sennheiser HD-25) for years listening to every and all type of music. Does one need to have several cans to have a good time and max enjoyment? Certainly not, 100% not. But.. once you start trying out different gear there's no way getting around the crystal clear fact that one headphone simply does better with certain music than the other. Just no way :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back