Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
May 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #2,521 of 6,987
Quote:
Speaking of RDJ...I finally got a physical copy of his Richard D James Album in the mail today. I have a copy of 'Classics' on vinyl on hold at Waterloo, too. 

Gotta go get it. More Aphex Twin, please. :D

Ask and you shall receive...here's just a few of my favorites.

May 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #2,523 of 6,987
Since you guys have turned me onto SYNC24's Source album, I cannot stop listening to it. Tracks sound freakin' amazing through the HD800s....FREAKIN' AMAZING!

May 13, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #2,526 of 6,987
I am late to the party but I wanted to share some mixes that I like and they are all quite long. The quality is either 192 or 320 Kbps so not the best but workable.

http://mixes.dabears.ca/v2/

May 14, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #2,528 of 6,987
So, I'm falling in love with hardstyle. I especially like this song:

What other artists would you suggest me to look up when it comes to hardstyle? Are there any records that are of importance for the harstyle genre? Kind of like milestone records, or significant in pratically any way. Perhaps a GOAT-record?

Thanks, love.

May 14, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #2,529 of 6,987
Good luck with the Hardstyle Coq, I don't know anything about it really, Morbid does though.

One more song for today, so happy with how the day's releases have been:

\

Edit:

One more, just got this:

May 14, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #2,530 of 6,987
So I got in my HD800s today and while they won't hold up like the LCD 2.2 will for Dubstep I think they'll become my go to for Ambient, IDM, Liquid DnB (some of it anyway), and Chill / Downtempo stuff.

Burial is a completely different experience on these, BT is even more magical (the more Ambient stuff, his Trance is still best on the LCD 2).

May 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #2,532 of 6,987
Surprisingly good. People had been saying they didn't lack extension but I was suspect judging from graphs. They don't feel lacking at all extension wise. 

I'll have to confirm after more listening and A/Bing. They're of course more bass light than the LCD 2, but so far I don't feel like I'm missing anything extension wise. 

Quote:
Nice, how is the extension on them?

May 14, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #2,533 of 6,987
Been looking to get into some good dubstep, mostly some heavy and chill stuff, not much brostep here. Maybe some DnB too. I'll have to really go through this thread. I have been slowly getting out of my progressive house stage and into my electro house, acid house, trip/glitch hop, etc. Any dubstep and DnB recommendations for someone trying to start out would be cool.

But here is a pretty independent artist I love:

Oh, and you missed one of my favorite aphex twin songs above:

May 14, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #2,534 of 6,987
Windowlicker is a personal favorite as well. Come to Daddy is probably my top though.

Check out Hospital Records for DnB. They put out compilation albums with great stuff on them for cheap.

May 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #2,535 of 6,987
I have been listening to BT's These Hopeful Machines which I know has probably been discussed before, but man this music is magical! Love it, one of those albums you can just listen to all the way through multiple times without getting bored of a couple songs. Reminds me of when I listen to Dark Side of the Moon for the first time all the way through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back