Electro Magnetic Amplifier Co. 535SE Headphone Amplifier/Preamplifier
Nov 14, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #91 of 119
Like the look of those CineMag OPTs!

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #92 of 119
Like the look of those CineMag OPTs!

They are lovely. We actually use them as input transformers (they are microphone transformers). Our output is in the Bipolar followers attached to the enormous custom heatsink.

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #94 of 119
Steve's got a bunch of boards lined up, we're currently looking at shipping Monday/Tuesday. :)

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #95 of 119
All US domestic units are shipped! We are still are testing the 240 boards, but they'll be out soon!

Dec 1, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #98 of 119
Really glad I got my order in for a 240V. Patiently but eagerly waiting. :)

I have wondered for some time now ... where does 535SE come from?

We're glad too. :)

So, 535SE is a bit complicated. The first iteration of amps had a production dimension that had some element .515 inches from the top of the amp. Steve liked the number, so it became the 515. Next circuit became the 525, and now we are at the 535.

The SE could either be Single Ended (circuit type) or Steve Eddy (circuit designer).

Sold out. Is another production run planned next year?

We may have a few from the original run available early next year, we are not quite sure yet. There is a V2 planned for the near future as well. We'll keep everyone updated.

Dec 1, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #99 of 119
We're glad too. :)

So, 535SE is a bit complicated. The first iteration of amps had a production dimension that had some element .515 inches from the top of the amp. Steve liked the number, so it became the 515. Next circuit became the 525, and now we are at the 535.

The SE could either be Single Ended (circuit type) or Steve Eddy (circuit designer).

We may have a few from the original run available early next year, we are not quite sure yet. There is a V2 planned for the near future as well. We'll keep everyone updated.

What is different about the V2?

Dec 1, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #100 of 119
So far nothing drastic - we might add a switch to change between pre-amp and headphone out, rather than using the switching jack. Our transformer supplier has also changed some dimensions, so we are going to have to redesign the board a bit to accommodate. I'm sure as we go through development, we'll update.

Dec 1, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #101 of 119
So far nothing drastic - we might add a switch to change between pre-amp and headphone out, rather than using the switching jack. Our transformer supplier has also changed some dimensions, so we are going to have to redesign the board a bit to accommodate. I'm sure as we go through development, we'll update.

So practical changes, same sound? Good to hear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back