Electric Avenues PAV2
Dec 20, 2009 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pmartel

100+ Head-Fier
Recently I just got a Electric Avenues PAV2 headphone amp.

I don't know if anyone in Head-fi has given it a DETAILED review, but I would like to do so in the new year.

So far with my modest system, the sound is TRULY amazing and worthy of a full review.

I am having a bus trip from Toronto-Cleveland next week and after the trip would like to post a full review.

So far on my commutes to and from work on transit, this device just DOES NOT let you down.

I'd be interested if anyone else has reviewed in detail this amp as for the money, you just CAN'T beat it

Dec 20, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks.

Here's my gear with the PAV2, a Magnavox 2GB player and a pair of Magnavox MHP1100 headphones I paid $10 for and were a TOTAL surprize and VERY close in sound to my Sennheiser HD497's which will NOT go outside.

The Magnavox is a WMA player and for what I paid for it is adequate, but NOT gapless.

So far with the PAV2, this is a real surprzing combo.

I should mention I'm a vetran audiophile of over 30 years and I find alot of this technology very humbling having had various phonographic playback systems over the years

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 10
The PA2V2 has been around for a while, Gary the maker has excellent customer service and the amp retails for a very nice price of around $60. It was my first portable headphone amp and the one that started me on this downhill curse!
wink.gif
Do a search and you will see how many followers the PA2V2 has.

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PA2V2 has been around for a while, Gary the maker has excellent customer service and the amp retails for a very nice price of around $60. It was my first portable headphone amp and the one that started me on this downhill curse!
wink.gif

Yes, Gary is one in a million, a true gentleman.

Based on what I've seen, I really haven't seen a detailed review on this unit so based on my findings and what I have sources, posting a review could be fun.

Dec 20, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #7 of 10
My first dedicated headphone amp was the PA2v2 back in 2006. I loved how it improved the sound of my mini disc player since it had a weak internal amp.

Dec 21, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Funny, same story for me too!

Dec 21, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #9 of 10
Search function is your friend - there has been lots of stuff re PA2v2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back