eggo, hd-280, or v6???
Apr 24, 2003 at 1:37 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Kaji
i would have thought most of you would tell me to get the eggo's...i havent read a single bad thing about them, all praise

give me more feedback!
smily_headphones1.gif

I think the Eggos sound good, especially since you've said you aren't keen on heavy bass. The one complaint people have about Eggos is the lack of bass. I don't really think they lack bass but I don't think they isolate all that well. I was recently told to turn down my music on the train and I didn't think it was that loud, volume on halfway on my portable 9v META42.

Apr 24, 2003 at 1:38 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by jms007bnd007
But the 580's will leak more sound than the 280's for sure, and probably more than the V6's.

At a moderately low volume, I seriously cannot hear the HD580's 6-7' away. I don't think his roommates would be disturbed even if he played it at a moderate or moderately loud volume - I've heard CPU fans that put HD580 leakage to shame.

Apr 24, 2003 at 1:48 AM Post #18 of 31
HD580's are simply a bad idea if you don't want to disturb your roomates. Plus he's going to be running these phones without an amp out of a soundcard. Sorry, I just have to disagree. They're like mini-speakers.

Apr 24, 2003 at 2:32 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
HD580's are simply a bad idea if you don't want to disturb your roomates. Plus he's going to be running these phones without an amp out of a soundcard. Sorry, I just have to disagree. They're like mini-speakers.

Okay, I'm beginning to think that Sennheiser HD580's sound leakage is very very overexaggerated these days. I'm blasting my HD580's loud, and 5' away from me, and what do I hear? It sounds like a faint buzz.

They're not mini-speakers at all, my Eggos make almost as much noise as the HD580's when the Eggos are folded up. When not folded up, the pads go right above each other and the sound is stuck inside.

Running out of the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz isn't a bad idea either. Like I said before, I used to run the V6's out of my TBSC, and upgraded to the HD580's and the sound was better. Of course, now with the upgraded cable, and with the Denon 1802 as a DAC and "amplifier", the sound is much better, but still, the HD580 sounded better than the V6's. Plus, there's always the upgrade route that everybody takes...

but irregardless, if you are deciding between those 3 phones, and you're not looking for portable usage, then go for the V6's. Not many people have liked the 280's and the V6's are well known to work well with computers.

The eggos also have a pretty short cable, so you would need to get an extension cable to reach from your computer to your head.

Apr 24, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #21 of 31
I've used the V6 for about a month for FPS. The soundstage isn't good and far too in head but the pinpoint is quite good. FPS aren't music, the requirements are quite different. The position of other players was always quite clear.

The bass of the V6 is perfect for such a game. The sound of an HE will never be more impressive.

Just my 2c

Apr 24, 2003 at 2:49 AM Post #22 of 31
I suppose I got a defective pair then, because when I left mine blasting on my bed and walked over to the entrance to my room I could hear every word
rolleyes.gif
Please, I'm not saying anything about what you heard, just don't presume to know what I heard. I'm not overexaggerting, just offering my opinion on this.

Regardless of this, I'm just saying it's not a very suitable recommendation for this person's needs which is a headphone to keep in sound and for use in college, most likely a dorm. Go with the V6.

Apr 24, 2003 at 7:12 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

v6 doesnt have a good soundstage from what you guys are saying..and i read it has a lot of bass (i dont think i would like that), also it doesnt cover your ears completely so i dunno if i will like that

The soundstage isn't that good/wide or whatever, but I still use them for CS and it works fine for locating nmes through sound. I don't think the soundstage has to be as wide as you guys say it needs to be to locate footsteps in this game but that's just my opinion.

The v6 definitely does not have "a lot" of bass. In fact, there are times when you might miss it, but it's very tight greaaaaaaaaat for bass-y music and games.

The v6 also is fairly comfortable, I can't wear them for more than two hours without my ears getting too warm (my room is warm from my PC =|) and giving them a little break but other than that I'd recommend them. The Sennheisers don't seem like they are very comfortable based on what I read, so you should spring for the v6's.

Apr 24, 2003 at 8:02 PM Post #26 of 31
last chance to convince me otherwise, v6 or eggos?

will be using them mainly in my dorm room for music/dvds/cs

but will also use them from a portable cd player (maybe even an ipod if the price drops more)

Apr 24, 2003 at 8:18 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

thanks, that review did it for me
smily_headphones1.gif

im going to go order my v6's right now...and then maybe even get some beyer pads if i dont like the comfort

thanks everyone!

yes, don't throw them away for a comfort issue. The beyer pads make this can like two small cushions. In fact, almost as comfy than an HD580.

Feb 27, 2004 at 12:57 PM Post #30 of 31
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i wont probably be buying an amp (unless i become addicted to this stuff like u guys are)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

almost a year later, may I ask if you became addicted after all??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back