EFN Where are you?
Jul 8, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #46 of 75
pdupiano & steviebee:

Thanks guys. It does feel good to be back. But tougher time looms ahead and I may still lose my job despite the 150% commitment delivered in June-July time frame. The economy is still very weak for mega corps. Truth be told I am bracing up for a career change towards the end of 2009.

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #48 of 75
Hey EFN - wishing you good luck. Change is change, but can also be a huge positive. When I lost my job back at the start of 08 & had 6 months 'rest' I wasn't sure I'd get back in the saddle ever again. But new doors opened & I found myself in a much better place (if stressful for awhile)...hope they will for you too.

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #49 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is your occupation at the moment if you don't mind me asking?

Aaah hell, may as well spill it out. I am a Microsoft Employee. I manage support affairs for Microsoft customers. As you'd probably know by now, Steve Ballmer have announced that Microsoft is experiencing the FIRST ever loss in revenue in 23 years. The next day began the head-chopping of close to 3000-4000 employees globally. In June I lose three of my very close work mates and it was a very traumatic period for everyone. You can say that the axe almost shaved my head as well.....

Words have it that Microsoft intend to chop off around 5000 heads by the end of 2009 so we are still pretty much very distraught now so to speak.

Jul 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #53 of 75
Hey EFN. I hope everything works out for you. In the meantime, I'm sending some really good vibes from the UK... they should be on a plane out of Heathrow by the morning
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #54 of 75
Good vibes on the way from me too EFN. My business is feeling the hurt as most are...just trying to hang on and hope for the best.

Take care and good luck avoiding that axe.
ph34r.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #55 of 75
Yeah, I'm worried about career as well.

I study aerospace engineering at uni, and the aerospace industry isn't exactly kicking at the moment....

Neither are car manufacturers, which was were I hoped to end up.....

Jul 9, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #56 of 75
Good luck EFN, I hope everything works out ok for you.

Jan 22, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #60 of 75
@JDUBS: Same here. He's hung on to mine for more than 6 months now. My emails and phone calls haven't been returned for sometime. I do have his personal information and ways to leverage them if necessary. I've just got 'back' myself and have sort of ignored the issue for quite sometime and will get it sorted out asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back