EFN Where are you?
Jul 7, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #31 of 75
I certainly agree with Jerome's point about taking responsibility even if you are in over your head. If I remember correctly, Jerome was one of the first head-fier's I dealt with in the FS forums and he actually had a personal emergency that kept him away for a week. He notified me right away, even left me his number in case I needed to reach him. Additionally he sent the package via priority mail to make up for the delay on his own dime. I really think at the end of the day, DIY, MOT, whatever, its all about taking responsibility and giving people the heads up if you are going to be busy or if you are just getting way over your head. A refund and a little disappointment in not seeing your gear back in action is much better than losing sight of your gear and money altogether. I think several posts indicate that EFN knew he would be busy yet continued to take orders/diy work, that's pretty irresponsible in my view.

After reading through Pangea's link, I think threads like that need to become more public. Do you guys remember mitchB and how several headfiers would keep posting the problematic transaction he had whenever he tried to sell any of his headphones? To a certain extent its rather damaging but a warning is always better than a non-responsive member down the line.

NSX 23 (btw I Want that car... stupid discontinude....) I hope things turn out well, can't you ask paypal for a refund? EFN may not have logged onto Head-Fi, but I'm certain that he must be linked directly to Paypal as a source of income. If anything, a little reminder through paypal may bring him back to the forums even if its just to say he's busy and will be able to take care of everything in a month or so.

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #33 of 75
I think you are past the time limit to file a dispute (I can't remember if it is 30 or 45 days).

On eBay I make it a standard practice to open a PayPal dispute if I do not have a shipping notification from the seller within 10 days from the date I sent the payment. If you end up escalating your dispute to a claim it could take PayPal another 30 days to investigate and decide your case. So there is nothing to be gained by waiting longer.

--Jerome

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #34 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you are past the time limit to file a dispute (I can't remember if it is 30 or 45 days).

On eBay I make it a standard practice to open a PayPal dispute if I do not have a shipping notification from the seller within 10 days from the date I sent the payment. If you end up escalating your dispute to a claim it could take PayPal another 30 days to investigate and decide your case. So there is nothing to be gained by waiting longer.

--Jerome

A wise practice. I think I may adopt it myself
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #36 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I just hope EFN decides to do the honest thing.

Come on mate, a simple PM would be nice. I'm not exactly one for making a big fuss out of things, but almost 2 months of no contact? What?

If I remember correctly, I think he frequents a local (Malaysian) headphone forum and I also remember that someone there had his phone number. Perhaps you can investigate.

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #39 of 75
Quote:

What's people trading experiences with members with low post counts?

This whole EFN thing has made me very untrusting now....
frown.gif

Buying or selling?

Selling is ok in my experience. You have to think carefully about buying.

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #40 of 75
Trading actually. And not for something cheap either....

I really, really want to trade for that item, but don't want to risk getting jibbed again....

This whole thing has left a very sour taste in my mouth, especially since all my other head-fi transcations have been brilliant.

I don't want to be a dick about it, but its just quiet unnerving.

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #41 of 75
Quote:

Trading actually. And not for something cheap either....

I really, really want to trade for that item, but don't want to risk getting jibbed again....

This whole thing has left a very sour taste in my mouth, especially since all my other head-fi transcations have been brilliant.

I don't want to be a dick about it, but its just quiet unnerving.

Well you have to make the decision then. Maybe you can convince him to ship first? or maybe get his phone number and call him. That might make you less worried.

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #42 of 75
^Yeah, I just proposed that. He gave me a phone number as well, so I might try that.

I sincerley hope he (The interested trade party) doesn't think I'm a dick due to my paranoia. I hate accusing people with no proof.

As for EFN, I updated my feedback in his thread.

Jul 8, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #43 of 75
Hi guys. I am back. have to dissapear for almost a month due to personal reasons. And trying my very best to save my career which I almost lost in the month of June.

All PMs have been replied and stuffs that need sending has been posted starting today.

Thanks for your support
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #45 of 75
Good to see you back, EFN. Missed that great avatar of yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back