Effect Audio cables thread
Mar 7, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #7,831 of 7,911
Yep! Sorry to hear the show didn't work out. Enjoy Germany! I'll be doing France in June myself.

Yes, we will be beginning a Copper XL tour again for the states soon as well!

Thanks for the purchase!

Best,

-Seb
If during your stay in France you go to Paris, don't hesitate to let me know.
We can organize a mini meeting with some very nice and well-equipped french HF madmen ! :beerchug:

Mar 9, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #7,832 of 7,911
Well, the right conX on my Code 23 gave out on me... been getting drop outs with different conX screwed on. Just dropped an email off at EA. Is this a sign for me to get spare cables? >..<

Mar 10, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #7,833 of 7,911
Well, the right conX on my Code 23 gave out on me... been getting drop outs with different conX screwed on. Just dropped an email off at EA. Is this a sign for me to get spare cables? >..<
Had the same issue on my Cleo 2 on the left. It was loose cable inside the barrel. Just got it back and everything working fine again.

Mar 10, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #7,834 of 7,911
It's just come to my attention that I have no idea as to how to determine which ConX (2 pin or MMCX) is left and which is right. How do I tell so that I can screw them in properly?

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #7,835 of 7,911
It's just come to my attention that I have no idea as to how to determine which ConX (2 pin or MMCX) is left and which is right. How do I tell so that I can screw them in properly?

Their advertising images show the dot on the 2 pin to the outside with the R an L indicator letters to the inside.

I believe that follows normal convention with 2 pin identification.

With the MMCX It doesn't matter since the polarity will stay the same regardless which side you put each MMCX Con X, the centre pin of the Con X piece will always connect with the centre of the cable end regardless of which side it is on, I imagine that is why the separate MMCX Con X are not marked with a side.

2 pin.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #7,836 of 7,911
More to come about code 24 vs 24c guys :beerchug:

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #7,837 of 7,911
So I tried Code 24 with Penon Quattro at CanJam. Yup, the hype is real. Amazing pairing.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:42 AM Post #7,838 of 7,911
Hi guys, I'm considering picking up either the ares s or the cadmus.

Are the 8w versions noticeably more bulky and weighty compared to the 4w versions? I intend to use these iems while I'm on the go, so having the iems rest comfortably on my ears as I'm moving is important to me.

Thanks!

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #7,839 of 7,911

Are the 8w versions noticeably more bulky and weighty compared to the 4w versions? I intend to use these iems while I'm on the go, so having the iems rest comfortably on my ears as I'm moving is important to me.

Thanks!
Hi,

Ares S 8w = yes, this is a big cable (matter of fact) but not a monster, and especially not at all a chair stick : the ergonomics remain very, very, very good (very pliable, nice shape for the ear hooks, not (too) heavy as I think...) :beerchug:

I am very demanding regarding these particular points (ergo).

So no problem, for me, on the go (Ares S FE = special and rare version, 8w too but I know very well the regular 8w version)

Well the 4 wires version is naturally... we divide all things by two !:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 5:13 AM Post #7,840 of 7,911

Thanks!
I’ve tried the Ares 4W and 8W and the ear hooks with the 8W I could see as problematic with certain ear shapes. I usually had to tuck them behind my glasses arms to keep them in place.

I did however prefer the sound of the 8W to the 4W

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #7,841 of 7,911
I’ve tried the Ares 4W and 8W and the ear hooks with the 8W I could see as problematic with certain ear shapes. I usually had to tuck them behind my glasses arms to keep them in place.

I did however prefer the sound of the 8W to the 4W
Oooohh I see thanks for pointing that out!

That might be a problem as I have smaller ears.

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #7,842 of 7,911
About ear hooks and glasses (I wear glasses :sunglasses:...)

1/ Take your glasses off
2/ Put the cable on
3/ Put the glasses back in place
Enjoy :beerchug:

This is true with every cable. :dt880smile:

Mar 11, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #7,843 of 7,911
Hi,

Ares S 8w = yes, this is a big cable (matter of fact) but not a monster, and especially not at all a chair stick : the ergonomics remain very, very, very good (very pliable, nice shape for the ear hooks, not (too) heavy as I think...) :beerchug:

I am very demanding regarding these particular points (ergo).

So no problem, for me, on the go (Ares S FE = special and rare version, 8w too but I know very well the regular 8w version)

Well the 4 wires version is naturally... we divide all things by two !:ksc75smile:
I'll add that with both the Ares S and Cadmus (4W) both can get a little tangly. I upgraded both of them and while they are thicker, they are both far more pliable and manageable in the 8W weave.

Mar 13, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #7,844 of 7,911
Their advertising images show the dot on the 2 pin to the outside with the R an L indicator letters to the inside.

I believe that follows normal convention with 2 pin identification.

With the MMCX It doesn't matter since the polarity will stay the same regardless which side you put each MMCX Con X, the centre pin of the Con X piece will always connect with the centre of the cable end regardless of which side it is on, I imagine that is why the separate MMCX Con X are not marked with a side.

2 pin.jpg
Circle on right side means right connector, Circle on left means left connector... Thats how i see it

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #7,845 of 7,911
Circle on right side means right connector, Circle on left means left connector... Thats how i see it
Hey! You are right on that but here is how you can determine if the 2-pin connector is fit for the right or the left side.

First way is that when you screw on the connectors, the dots should be facing outwards, meaning it should be facing outwards of your ear.

Here is an image of how it should look like on the left and right IEM respectively.

IMG_7729.jpg

IMG_7730.jpg

Another way you can determine is simply tilting the connector such that the 2-pin is facing upwards, and see which side the dots are. (If its right then its right, if its on the left, its left)
Heres a photo example of the right side for this method
IMG_7731.jpg

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back