Effect Audio cables thread
Feb 12, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #7,801 of 7,919
So much 24/C love! I am still in love with my Cadmus FE!

I am also looking to purchase a Leonidas II 4W with Pentaconn 4.4mm... if anyone has one needing love, please reach out :)
@Benno1988 was selling his Leo II. :)

Great cable BTW.

Feb 12, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #7,802 of 7,919
Anyone had experience with the Effect Audio Evo 10 cable is it worth picking up?

Feb 12, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #7,803 of 7,919
Anyone had experience with the Effect Audio Evo 10 cable is it worth picking up?
If its insulation material is the same as evo1's, then I would avoid this cable. My Evo1 is extra stiff, it's unusable because I can feel every movement. Even CODE2X are better in this regard since I can at least mold them somewhat (disregarding weight).

Feb 14, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #7,804 of 7,919
I was able to try out the Chiron Nova at Canjam. I was a fan and it made my Phonix sound cuddly but clear and detailed. It looks good too and felt good to hold. I didn’t get too long with it but I liked it.

Thanks! We appreciate the love :)

So much 24/C love! I am still in love with my Cadmus FE!

I am also looking to purchase a Leonidas II 4W with Pentaconn 4.4mm... if anyone has one needing love, please reach out :)
@Benno1988 was selling his Leo II. :)

Great cable BTW.

Cadmus is a great choice, as is Leonidas! Hope you find what you are looking for soon.

If its insulation material is the same as evo1's, then I would avoid this cable. My Evo1 is extra stiff, it's unusable because I can feel every movement. Even CODE2X are better in this regard since I can at least mold them somewhat (disregarding weight).

@PeacockObscura - if you have any questions about synergy and such, let me know!

Feb 18, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #7,805 of 7,919
I had the opportunity to spend some time with the C24 and C24C as part of the Australian tour, thanks @Damz87 and @EffectAudio again!

I'm not going to touch on ergonomics other than to say this will come down to personal preference. They're OK when I'm sat at my desk listening, but taking them with me for the day would be a no. Looks wise I really liked them both.

C24C - instantly reminded me of Code 23 sonically, warmer/thicker sound with a pushed back soundstage however perhaps a little more closed in than the C23? I tried this with numerous IEM's and the changes were consistent across them all. I kind of wish that I had both of them side by side as from a memory point of view I'd say they are very close. They worked well with IEM's that are neutral and/or could use some warmth, using them with the Kiwi Ears Orchestra transformed the sound into something that you can happily listen to music. When using them on a warmer sounding IEM the changes are more subtle from a sound point of view, but the soundstage changes are still apparent. At its price point I think it's a great buy as long as you're OK with the ergonomics (which are better than C23 and it's big brother C24)

Main points for me:
* Warm
* Pushed back soundstage and a little closed in
* Smooth sounding

C24 - quite a neutral sounding cable. Doesn't have the warmth of the C24C however is more revealing. Soundstage didn't get pushed back like on the C24C but did get slightly expanded horizontally. I quite enjoyed pairing this up with IEM's that have a smoother sound as it added a little more detail to the sound, often elevating my opinion of them (this is particularly true for Mid-Fi sets). Pairing this up with more expensive sets such as Aura, Fir Kr5, Monarch Mk3, I didn't notice a large difference. It leaves them in a strange place for me, paired with Mid-Fi sets I'd easily recommend this if you want to add a little more detail / increase the soundstage. But from a price point of view I just don't think you would, money would be better spent on a different IEM to me. Perhaps there are some different higher priced sets that would benefit more from this cable but not the ones I have, the cable didn't do anything to significantly alter what they already deliver for me.

Main points for me:
* Neutral
* Detailed
* Expanded horizontal soundstage

Two quite different cables, I preferred the C24C as it did a little more to change the sound, but that isn't to say that the C24 is a bad cable it just didn't do enough for me on my more expensive sets. I might be tempted with the C24C one day... will see how much I miss it but as I lean towards warmth I really like what it delivers.

Feb 18, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #7,806 of 7,919
Disclaimer: This short review reflects my subjective preferences and is solely based on my product experiences. It's important to note that Effect Audio does not influence this review, although I bought the units for use at a reviewer discount. As always, I highly recommend testing the product yourself before purchasing. I want to thank @EffectAudio, especially Jordan Tan, for facilitating this and allowing me to share my thoughts on the product.

Astell & Kern Odyssey with Stock Cable:
When I first got my Odyssey, I was impressed with the stock cable. It had balanced and authoritative low-end, velvety mids, and clear highs. However, I couldn't resist trying out the Ares4W and Ares8W cables. As a typical audio enthusiast, I was curious to see what they could add to my listening experience.

tempImageyQx324.jpg

Astell&Kern Odyssey with Effect Audio Ares 4W:
The Ares4W cable did not disappoint. The Odyssey's dynamics improved significantly with this cable, providing a better overall stage presence with boosted lows. The mids were mesmerizing and soothing, with no loss of detail. It was an immersive experience that kept me hooked for hours.

tempImagefUnJpr.jpg

Astell&Kern Odyssey with Effect Audio Ares 8W:
However, I was even more impressed by the Ares8W cable. It provided an extended and punchy low-end that made me feel like I was at a live concert. The bass was mighty and powerful, yet it didn't overpower the rest of the sound. The overall sound was dynamic, clear, and impactful, with a smile on my face throughout my first session. Since then, I've been enjoying it even more.

tempImage6SyhZB.jpg

Ares 4W vs Ares 8W:
When it comes to the Ares4W vs. Ares8W, the Ares4W delivers a balanced sound with a boosted bass, while the Ares8W is like the big brother of the 4W with an even bigger low-end. If you want that mighty bass and don't mind the weight of an 8-wire cable, the Ares8W is definitely the way to go.

Conclusion:
Upgrading from the stock cable to either the Ares4W or Ares8W cables presents an opportunity to enhance your listening experience with IEMs significantly. The Ares4W offers a balanced sound with a boosted bass, while the Ares8W provides a more potent and extended low-end. Ultimately, the choice depends on personal preference, but either way, users can expect an immersive, dynamic, and engaging audio experience.

Feb 18, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #7,808 of 7,919
Feb 26, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #7,811 of 7,919
Feb 28, 2024 at 6:15 AM Post #7,813 of 7,919
China limited, but looks pretty sick :fire::
1709118666888.png

1709118679474.png

Feb 28, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #7,815 of 7,919

Users who are viewing this thread

Back