Effect Audio cables thread
Dec 30, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #7,636 of 7,924
Belated XMAS delivery!

N30LE surprisingly fits in the Portable Carry Case with room for two IEMs and cables. Will spend some time tomorrow running Ares S x Cadmus 8 in over New Years weekend.

PXL_20231230_171942152.jpeg

PXL_20231230_172410658.jpeg

PXL_20231230_172612272.jpeg

PXL_20231230_172732142.jpeg

Dec 31, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #7,637 of 7,924
So I've wanted to sell my Fusion 1 three or four times now but everytime I think I am going to I revisit the improvements it makes to my Gaea and Bravado Mkii and each time I again appreciate the more rounded and dimensional bass notes. I don't notice much change in other ranges, but the improvement of the bass is worth keeping it.

Dec 31, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #7,638 of 7,924
So I've wanted to sell my Fusion 1 three or four times now but everytime I think I am going to I revisit the improvements it makes to my Gaea and Bravado Mkii and each time I again appreciate the more rounded and dimensional bass notes. I don't notice much change in other ranges, but the improvement of the bass is worth keeping it.
Having Code 24 on order, I'm thinking similarly about selling Code 23. But everytime I plug it into a DD based iem, I change my mind. The Codes require you to love sound more than anything else (ergonomics are not one of the check boxes), even with Code 51! But they are an impressive series of incredible sounding cables. Soon, I'll have the whole "Code" series....I'm a glutton for punishment and supreme sound 🤣

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #7,639 of 7,924
I’ve had a chance to demo the new EA prototype cables. Thanks, @Sebastien Chiu , for the opportunity! Quick note, I had no previous knowledge of the cables regarding materials used or where they fit in the EA family of cables. I wanted to summarize my impressions. First of all, both cables are a bit on the hefty side. They’re not super supple, and they are slighty larger than the Fusion1, which I do own. Still, they have enough flexibility that they should be of acceptable comfort for most users. As for sound impressions, I tested with Amber Pearl, Traillii, Rn6, and Nostalgia Camelot, so I had a mix of DD, BA with BCD, all BA, and Fir’s DD kinetic bass. Also, I lean towards Jazz and fusion, so no heavy metal or edm in the mix. Sorry! Of course, this is all my opinion only, YMMV, and so forth!

Initial impression will focus on bass, which is the first thing you notice when you hear either cable. They both have very dynamic and punchy bass, with very good decay and realism. Both sets will pull out all the bass that your iem can offer, regardless of the driver type. They are both outstanding, but in different ways.

Blue cable

This is the livelier cable of the two, and in a good way. Lots of bass! And it’s mostly in the sub bass, which is taut and deep and plentiful. It’s visceral yet controlled; you get the right amount of pluck on the strings on a stand up bass or a nice growl with electric bass. It takes a bit to adjust to the bass impact, but after I did, I didn’t feel that it was overly done, and came to appreciate how it created a more dynamic stage for the iem. I immediately noticed that it added control to the Amber Pearls bass, which is plentiful if slightly bloomy for a BA bass. The BCD must respond really well with this cable. As I said, I didn’t notice the bass being overwhelming, it’s more an anchor that adds texture and a grandness of sorts to the overall sound. Mid bass steps back slightly to transition smoothly up to mids, where there is a slight scoop in the lower mids, which gives the mids a touch of a neutral sound. Nothing extreme, but I noticed it with the Traillii, which has that same scoop, leaving me thinking this cable might not be best fit with it. From mids upward through treble, it is balanced and cohesive, maybe slightly above neutral, but clear, precise, with a natural timbre. The clarity is excellent! Vocals are not recessed or forward, just centerstage as you would want. Upper treble has a nice sparkle, a bit more sparkle than the Purple cable, but no sign of sibilance. Soundstage is nice and wide, and won’t bottleneck the staging your iem presents. I would absolutely buy this cable for the Amber Pear, in particular.

Purple Cable

My first impression of this cable was that it reminded me of Eletech’s SOA, only with stronger bass notes, and that’s a pretty good complement right out of the gate. It is smooth, transparent, and just lets the strong points of your iem shine through. It doesn’t have the sub bass of the blue cable, but might have better overall balance top to bottom than the blue. Bass is more focused on mid bass with this cable, but as with the blue, it’s very controlled with good timbre. I think the mid bass and lower mids are slightly elevated and tends to give purple a slightly warmer sound. It also makes the mids sound a tiny bit recessed up to the upper mid and lower treble, where there seems to be a slight rise, giving tenor and female vocals nice positioning. Similarly, Toms and piano sound natural, clear and precise. Upper treble is smoother than the blue cable, but still very detailed (somewhat like I would describe the upper treble on the Orphy). Soundstage is a tiny bit smaller than the blue cable, but still has good width, and maybe a bit better depth than the blue. This could be a fantastic all rounder, and of my iems, one that I would be happy with on the Traillii, Rn6, and Camelot.

I have no idea what the price point on either of these cables is, but I’ve come away very impressed with both. To recap, they both really shine in the bass department. Bass is controlled and with good timbre and decay. Yet for all the bass these cables present, they are both extremely balanced and very cohesive; you don’t feel like you’re missing any part of the music. Both cables have a clear, natural timbre, and don’t overly color the flavor of your DAP and iem. Very nice!

EA demo 1.jpgEA demo 2.jpg
EA demo 3.jpg

Dec 31, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #7,640 of 7,924
Our prototype cable tour is now formally underway. First up for impressions of the prototype pairs are @emdeevee @fiascogarcia @jwilliamhurst @Tex Irie @fejnomit.

Next in line are @aaf evo @corgifall @Dsnuts @Visceral @chemosapien @Francisco Evangelista

If you have not posted your impressions, please post them here, the Effect Audio thread, and on Watercooler.

Thank you - and please do continue enjoying the time with the cables before shipping them out!

Signups are being done on a rolling basis. We are doing things non-traditionally since we have so many pairs going around and can go West Coast > East Coast then overseas. If you can find time, we'd love to have you.

Dec 31, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #7,641 of 7,924
The two new EA prototype cables came to me on loan from @EffectAudio and @Sebastien Chiu, and will be soon going to the next tester in line. They are totally unfinished as far as hardware and connections; pure prototypes only for sound evaluation. Photos are really only to show the cables themselves, as the hardware, etc. is still TBD. EA’s offer to test these was accompanied with verbiage to the effect that these prototypes were possibly related to Code 23, and based on my short time with them, I’d agree they’re firmly within the same family as Code 23, in ergonomics and sound profile, with some marked differences.

At the outset, I didn’t really have much time with these prototypes, but looking at them in their then-sealed EA ziplock bags (I’m first to test this pair), it definitely felt like The Matrix, with me as Neo looking at 2 brightly colored, 2w cables each in a simple plastic bag – which one do you want, Neo, blue or purple?

20231226_163205.jpg

Blue: Thick and somewhat unwieldy like Code 23, but definitely a little less stiff than Code 23, so it’s an ergonomic improvement. I find blue to be similar in sound but more bass prominent than Code 23. Same great staging, deep and wide, as provided by Code 23 while giving a beefier sound. As with Code 23, there needs to be some brain adjustment, but with that comes a similar performer with more meat in the low end. Blue seems to love DDs, exposing their deepest bass capability, but quality throughout the FR is excellent, and like Code 23, perhaps taming the treble a bit with such a focus on the bass. Still treble sounds clear and sparkly where it should; this should be nice for treble shouty iems. DD bass hits hard (Under the Bridge by RHCP, especially in the early part where Flea comes in – you hear the deep bass notes prominently but musically), and the vocals, guitar, cymbals still all rise above and shine, if again tamed by that massive bass somewhat. I thought it was adding some veiling over the mids at first, and it might, but I think I just needed to adjust to the extra bass. It’s like Code 23 on steroids with mildly better ergonomics (which could be improved when the cable is finished with hardware, obviously). I felt that this cable overwhelmed Fir Xe6 with just too much bass, even with the red module, so I’m not sure I’d go there, and still prefer Code 23. However, testing on Penon Quattro, a soon to be released 4DD iem, revealed an incredible, eye-popping result. While purple sounded great with it too, the blue is simply sublime with Quattro as if it would have been the perfect stock cable for it. While I’ve not extensively cable rolled with Quattro yet, I had to try this, and sure glad I did because here is a cable that sounds absolutely perfect with it. Providing Quattro with its best play back I’ve heard yet, better than Cadmus 8w by a good stretch (so I will be switching to Code 23 for Quattro until/if blue is released); this brings Quattro to such an amazing performance – this is truly a perfect synergy bringing Quattro to TOTL heights. Put me on the list, please.

20231225_171249 (1).jpg

Purple: Similar material, but a little thinner wire, and thus, easier to deal with. This one is less bassy, and brings the mids out more, but make no mistake, it still carries big bass, to my ear, very much like Code 23. Staging feels more intimate and less spread across than blue. Is this Code 23 lite (not just because it is lighter?)? I found less coloration from the bass with purple – it feels and sounds a little bit like Fir Audio’s Rn6 stock cable (pure silver) with more bass. I have no idea what’s in these, but I’m sure it’s copper with the relation to Code 23. And if so, EA has again gotten something wonderful from it. I liked this cable with Xe6 a bit more than the blue, but not as much as I like the Code 23 with it. Like the blue cable, it also makes the DDs hit harder than the stock cable (and the EA Cadmus 8w). Mids are nice and prominent despite the deep bass. Both blue and purple are more similar than not, but no question purple has better ergonomics with its thinner, more flexible, wire.

20231226_163134.jpg

These both feel like basshead choice cables, do you prefer it blue or purple? I think I prefer the blue, Code 23 on steroids, but I think a lot of people would really appreciate the lite (and lighter) version, too. I will most certainly pick up either (with preference to blue) for my Penon Quattro, and in fact, I’m sorry to see them go and hope I can make Code 23 work with it in the meantime!
So which one is the c24? Because that blue description was tempting and I feel like the purple is the C24 🤣😅

Dec 31, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #7,642 of 7,924
Jan 1, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #7,643 of 7,924
So which one is the c24? Because that blue description was tempting and I feel like the purple is the C24 🤣😅
The blue is Code 24 apparently. Code = you like sound above ergonomics!

Jan 1, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #7,644 of 7,924
Happy New Year everyone!

Our new and improved CODE series CODE 24 in Cosmic Blue and CODE 24C Limited in Galactic Purple just dropped!

We managed to improved the ergonomics of both cables compared to CODE 23 by breaking up the single solid core to a new system featuring three solid cores!

Here are the CODE 24 and CODE 24C Limited in more detail:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/effect-audio-new-release-code-24-code-24c-limited.971185/

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jan 1, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #7,646 of 7,924
Kicked off 2024 breaking one of my yearly New Years resolutions – no new cables 🤭

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 10.38.38 AM.png

Jan 1, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #7,647 of 7,924
I’ve had a chance to demo the new EA prototype cables. Thanks, @Sebastien Chiu , for the opportunity! Quick note, I had no previous knowledge of the cables regarding materials used or where they fit in the EA family of cables. I wanted to summarize my impressions. First of all, both cables are a bit on the hefty side. They’re not super supple, and they are slighty larger than the Fusion1, which I do own. Still, they have enough flexibility that they should be of acceptable comfort for most users. As for sound impressions, I tested with Amber Pearl, Traillii, Rn6, and Nostalgia Camelot, so I had a mix of DD, BA with BCD, all BA, and Fir’s DD kinetic bass. Also, I lean towards Jazz and fusion, so no heavy metal or edm in the mix. Sorry! Of course, this is all my opinion only, YMMV, and so forth!

Initial impression will focus on bass, which is the first thing you notice when you hear either cable. They both have very dynamic and punchy bass, with very good decay and realism. Both sets will pull out all the bass that your iem can offer, regardless of the driver type. They are both outstanding, but in different ways.

Blue cable

This is the livelier cable of the two, and in a good way. Lots of bass! And it’s mostly in the sub bass, which is taut and deep and plentiful. It’s visceral yet controlled; you get the right amount of pluck on the strings on a stand up bass or a nice growl with electric bass. It takes a bit to adjust to the bass impact, but after I did, I didn’t feel that it was overly done, and came to appreciate how it created a more dynamic stage for the iem. I immediately noticed that it added control to the Amber Pearls bass, which is plentiful if slightly bloomy for a BA bass. The BCD must respond really well with this cable. As I said, I didn’t notice the bass being overwhelming, it’s more an anchor that adds texture and a grandness of sorts to the overall sound. Mid bass steps back slightly to transition smoothly up to mids, where there is a slight scoop in the lower mids, which gives the mids a touch of a neutral sound. Nothing extreme, but I noticed it with the Traillii, which has that same scoop, leaving me thinking this cable might not be best fit with it. From mids upward through treble, it is balanced and cohesive, maybe slightly above neutral, but clear, precise, with a natural timbre. The clarity is excellent! Vocals are not recessed or forward, just centerstage as you would want. Upper treble has a nice sparkle, a bit more sparkle than the Purple cable, but no sign of sibilance. Soundstage is nice and wide, and won’t bottleneck the staging your iem presents. I would absolutely buy this cable for the Amber Pear, in particular.

Purple Cable

My first impression of this cable was that it reminded me of Eletech’s SOA, only with stronger bass notes, and that’s a pretty good complement right out of the gate. It is smooth, transparent, and just lets the strong points of your iem shine through. It doesn’t have the sub bass of the blue cable, but might have better overall balance top to bottom than the blue. Bass is more focused on mid bass with this cable, but as with the blue, it’s very controlled with good timbre. I think the mid bass and lower mids are slightly elevated and tends to give purple a slightly warmer sound. It also makes the mids sound a tiny bit recessed up to the upper mid and lower treble, where there seems to be a slight rise, giving tenor and female vocals nice positioning. Similarly, Toms and piano sound natural, clear and precise. Upper treble is smoother than the blue cable, but still very detailed (somewhat like I would describe the upper treble on the Orphy). Soundstage is a tiny bit smaller than the blue cable, but still has good width, and maybe a bit better depth than the blue. This could be a fantastic all rounder, and of my iems, one that I would be happy with on the Traillii, Rn6, and Camelot.

I have no idea what the price point on either of these cables is, but I’ve come away very impressed with both. To recap, they both really shine in the bass department. Bass is controlled and with good timbre and decay. Yet for all the bass these cables present, they are both extremely balanced and very cohesive; you don’t feel like you’re missing any part of the music. Both cables have a clear, natural timbre, and don’t overly color the flavor of your DAP and iem. Very nice!

EA demo 1.jpgEA demo 2.jpg
EA demo 3.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

I agree with you in regards to the RN6 - the Code 24C Limited (Purple) is a better fit for the IEM vs the 24 (Blue).

The main difference for me is in the bass - I like thicker/meatier notes as it tickles the basshead side of myself without being too overpowering.

Happy new year all! Hey I am honoured to share some photos here. Forgive my photo skill as I am really bad at taking product shots but here is the Code 24 (Code 24C Limited to come later so I can increase my post count :sunglasses: ):
DSC09740_small.JPGDSC09744_small.JPG

and some wire thicknesses comparison I have done:sweat_smile::
20231228_135324.jpg20231228_135231.jpg20231228_135048.jpg
20231228_135143.jpg

These aren't bad photos at all! Good product photography only comes time and experimentation.

Thanks for sharing the wire thickness as well. We appreciate it!

Kicked off 2024 breaking one of my yearly New Years resolutions – no new cables 🤭

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 10.38.38 AM.png

Looking forward to your thoughts - mainly in comparison with the Radon too!

Jan 1, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #7,648 of 7,924
Hello, First post in a long time. I've been here since the beginning in 2011. I have an Effect Audio Leonidas 2, 4 wire cable that just broke. The left 2 pin wire just literally fell out and needs to be repaired. The cable has only 60 hrs on it and is MINT
I'm Really disappointed in the quality of the soldering on the 2 pins wires This should not happen on a $1000.00 cable with so few hours After reading thru some threads I'm not the only one this has happened to. I am not happy.. Who do I contact to get this fixed as fast as possible? Effect Audio doesn't even have a phone number to contact them. This is just great. Thanks for any help you can give

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #7,649 of 7,924
Thanks for sharing!

I agree with you in regards to the RN6 - the Code 24C Limited (Purple) is a better fit for the IEM vs the 24 (Blue).

The main difference for me is in the bass - I like thicker/meatier notes as it tickles the basshead side of myself without being too overpowering.
Hey, I was wondering if both are going into production?

Jan 1, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #7,650 of 7,924

Users who are viewing this thread

Back