Effect Audio cables thread
Aug 12, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #7,291 of 7,919
_DSC4046.jpg

Pick your poison...both just as sweet...just in different ways :D

Aug 13, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #7,292 of 7,919
IMG_4392.jpeg

Fusion 1 has punchy and strong bass energy. This is due to the solid core construction.

Mids and highs are extended. Very pleasent character and tuning for the Fusion 1. With the help of silver and gold material used.

Very easy pairing with any IEMs. This is a breakthrough with the fusion of dofferent metals and core sizes.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #7,293 of 7,919
And so here is my little review summery of this new mysterious cable. Full review to be posted after the official release. :sunglasses:

Pros
- Slightly Dry and Fast Treble, a bit elevated in space - makes sound effects like chimes and clap beats very 3D sounding with a sharp and rhythmic presentation.
- Superb dynamics in the mids and bass
- Slightly forward low-mids, smooth and emotional presentation with vocals positioned closer to the ears. Superb for soulful vocals, female singers with a lower voice and male singers
- Powerful and substantial mid-bass which you rarely find from other cables, which make the music very full bodied. The resonance is powerful enough to let you almost feel the vibration.
- Best converged imaging I have heard so far due to the more controlled extreme treble and big lower end of the spectrum
- Excellent positioning of the frequencies in space which makes the music holographic
- Moderately big soundstage yet very spacious and very good layering within the defined space, even more spacious than cables with a larger stage.
- Excellent Mids and Bass resolutions

Cons
- The treble can sound slightly dry for some IEMs when listening to some treble focused tracks (female vocals with a high pitch and not a lot of body to be exact) but this is exactly what makes the sound special IMO and it should not be changed
- The sound can get a little too dynamic and powerful for softer music
- Honestly these are not cons to me – they are uncompromised and controlled coloration which differentiate itself from other quality cables, absolute versatility can harm the overall experience and this is exactly why we roll cables

So, well, you probably can guess the wire of the cable is made up a number of materials from the performance. But what exactly makes this cable special? The answer is in the spoiler:

And I find a lot of fun listening to musics like this:

or this (Ok, I know it's not Christmas yet but this is freaking amazing):

and then this:

I also rediscovered James Blunt's older album The Afterlove and I didn't know it could sound this 3D.

Sorry, I can't tell you:sweat_smile:But do make a guess!

I wish you will find my full review of the Fusion 1 useful:
20230814_104932.jpg

First of all, I need to thank EA for proving me a sample of the Fusion 1 and this is my faithful review of the cable.

Pros
- Slightly Dry and Fast Treble, a bit elevated in space - makes sound effects like chimes and clap beats very 3D sounding with a sharp and rhythmic presentation.
- Slightly forward low-mids, smooth and emotional presentation with vocals positioned closer to the ears. Superb for soulful vocals, female singers with a lower voice and male singers
- Powerful and substantial mid-bass which you rarely find from other cables, which make the music very full bodied. The resonance is powerful enough to let you almost feel the vibration.
- Best converged imaging I have heard so far due to the more controlled extreme treble and big lower end of the spectrum
- Excellent positioning of the frequencies in space which makes the music holographic
- Moderately big soundstage yet very spacious and very good layering within the defined space, even more spacious than cables with a larger stage.

Cons
- The treble can sound slightly dry for some IEMs when listening to some treble focused tracks (female vocals with a high pitch and not a lot of body to be exact) but this is exactly what makes the sound special IMO and it should not be changed
- Honestly these are not cons to me – they are uncompromised and controlled coloration which differentiate itself from other quality cables, absolute versatility can harm the overall experience and this is exactly why we roll cables

The Look and the feel
Matched colour golden parts, so very nice here. And the wire is rosery gold mixed with silver/white in colour. The weight is just right to keep the earhooks in place, not too heavy nor too light. Honestly I am a bit picky on the metal parts and the look and the feel of the wire and then the skin texture and they are all super nice and matched very well with each other. And for me the Fusion 1 is definitely a step up from the Code 23 aesthetically.

Treble
The extreme air is more controlled while the treble is on the crisp and sharp side with moderate density. There is this extra sparkle in the sound which touches the sibilance zone without sounding sibilance. The sound is on the faster and dryer side which resembles the sound of a pure silver cable with fast decay. The treble is also a bit more responsive than the mids so it works as having a layer slgithly elevated in space working in coherence with other frequencies for that overtone and to boost that holographicness. Sound effects in the music such as chimes and clap beats are very sharp, rhythmic and 3D sounding. The treble is also very effective in bringing out the great lower end of the music. Also, there is a tendancy to preceive the sound of the cable being slightly V-shape due to the responsiveness and also for the reasons below.

Mids
The lower-mids is more energetic than the mid mids and the high mids sharing some energy of the bass and thus there are some degrees of lower-mids forwardness so again making the cable a little V-shape sounding. There is more air and is slightly slower than the treble so the overall sound is more converged giving an excellent imaging. Dynamic is superb here due to the fast speed. With a not-so-bright sounding IEM or with a more bass/mid-centric track, the mids recapture the focus from the treble (while the treble still sparkles) and the more prominent lower-mids carries some good emotions and now the sound becomes more mid-forward, making the vocals closer to the ear, that I persoanlly think is one of the highlights of this cable. Such quality really brings songs with soulful vocals, female singers with a lower voice and male singers to the next level.

Bass
In general, the bass, mid-bass in particular, can get very meaty with a bass sufficient IEM, and even with a harmon tuned IEM the bass can still get very punchy and big. There is more mid-bass than sub-bass allowing more body in the sound. It's on the faster side with a powerful and flatter bottom impact (partially due to the faster treble) yet the amount of decay is plentiful. Dynamic just like the mids is excellent thanks to the speed. The decay fills the bottom end of the virtual space and works really well with the mids giving a very big and full body sound at the right occasions. So the bass is punchy, fast, yet substantial at the same time. It's really like sitting front row in a small venue when listening to R&B/soul kind of music which are filled with powerful and tasty bass lines and you can almost feel the vibration of that mid-bass reaching your heart through the floor. It's really immersive and effective to get yourself lost in the music. Another important highlight of this cable IMHO you rarely find elsewhere.

It's interesting that the cable can be considered as having a warm sound but yet it can at the same time be regarded as being bright due to the presentation of the treble, which also depends on the IEM and the track being played.

Soundstage and Imaging
The stage is not the diffused type so it's a bit closer and converged with the big bass stretching out to define the boundary so it is moderately big depending on the track due to the more controlled extreme treble air. There is more air in the mids and bass so the soundstage size gets much bigger with tracks with more mids and bass. And there is more depth than width and the height is created by the sparkly treble. However, when compared to other cables with a wider stage, it actually has a more spacious feeling within the defined stage width so it just sounds more holographic.

As mentioned earlier, due to the more controlled extreme treble air, the faster treble and the slightly slower mids and bass with more decay, the overall sound is quite bodied and is more converged giving an edge on imaging over other cables. The playback of bass and mids lines is so articulately dynamic and rhythmic and there is a good seperation in space between them creating this holographic effect and, as mentioned earlier the treble adds even more holographicness to the mix with that crisp texture. So another highlight here.

Resolution
Resolution is excellent with the mids and bass being especially resolving and the treble a little behind. The overall fast speed of the cable really helps bringing out the clarity. Extra detail can be heard with more mid/bass-centric tracks with more details hidden within these frequency bands. The extra energy also works especially well with these kinds of music helping to drive the emotion.

Pairing
Personally I am a neutral head and at the same time I do enjoy some extra bass so it is best pairing this cable with IEMs with a bigger mid-bass and a more controlled treble for that emotional mids and full bodied bass sound. I also prefer bringing out the mids so a harmon tuned IEM should also work very well.

And I would highly recommend listening to some R&B, KPop, Jazz, Electric and Bass Guitar, Sax music or any other kinds of music with more body in the mix with this cable for that energized and emotional mids and bass such as this classic:

and then this

or this (Ok, I know it's not Christmas yet but this is freaking amazing, the dynamic and that imaging!):

and then this:

I also rediscovered James Blunt's older album The Afterlove and I didn't know it could sound this 3D:

All in all, this is certainly another success of EA for creating such an additive cable with the fusion of many different elements. It's clear that the cable is created with specific goals in mind, the prenstation of the crisp treble, the energy of the mids and the focus on the mid-bass and other qualities of the cable all make the Fusion 1 not to be missed.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #7,294 of 7,919

First of all, I need to thank EA for proving me a sample of the Fusion 1 and this is my faithful review of the cable.

Pros

Cons

The Look and the feel
Matched colour golden parts, so very nice here. And the wire is rosery gold mixed with silver/white in colour. The weight is just right to keep the earhooks in place, not too heavy nor too light. Honestly I am a bit picky on the metal parts and the look and the feel of the wire and then the skin texture and they are all super nice and matched very well with each other. And for me the Fusion 1 is definitely a step up from the Code 23 aesthetically.

Treble
The extreme air is more controlled while the treble is on the crisp and sharp side with moderate density. There is this extra sparkle in the sound which touches the sibilance zone without sounding sibilance. The sound is on the faster and dryer side which resembles the sound of a pure silver cable with fast decay. The treble is also a bit more responsive than the mids so it works as having a layer slgithly elevated in space working in coherence with other frequencies for that overtone and to boost that holographicness. Sound effects in the music such as chimes and clap beats are very sharp, rhythmic and 3D sounding. The treble is also very effective in bringing out the great lower end of the music. Also, there is a tendancy to preceive the sound of the cable being slightly V-shape due to the responsiveness and also for the reasons below.

Mids
The lower-mids is more energetic than the mid mids and the high mids sharing some energy of the bass and thus there are some degrees of lower-mids forwardness so again making the cable a little V-shape sounding. There is more air and is slightly slower than the treble so the overall sound is more converged giving an excellent imaging. Dynamic is superb here due to the fast speed. With a not-so-bright sounding IEM or with a more bass/mid-centric track, the mids recapture the focus from the treble (while the treble still sparkles) and the more prominent lower-mids carries some good emotions and now the sound becomes more mid-forward, making the vocals closer to the ear, that I persoanlly think is one of the highlights of this cable. Such quality really brings songs with soulful vocals, female singers with a lower voice and male singers to the next level.

Bass
In general, the bass, mid-bass in particular, can get very meaty with a bass sufficient IEM, and even with a harmon tuned IEM the bass can still get very punchy and big. There is more mid-bass than sub-bass allowing more body in the sound. It's on the faster side with a powerful and flatter bottom impact (partially due to the faster treble) yet the amount of decay is plentiful. Dynamic just like the mids is excellent thanks to the speed. The decay fills the bottom end of the virtual space and works really well with the mids giving a very big and full body sound at the right occasions. So the bass is punchy, fast, yet substantial at the same time. It's really like sitting front row in a small venue when listening to R&B/soul kind of music which are filled with powerful and tasty bass lines and you can almost feel the vibration of that mid-bass reaching your heart through the floor. It's really immersive and effective to get yourself lost in the music. Another important highlight of this cable IMHO you rarely find elsewhere.

It's interesting that the cable can be considered as having a warm sound but yet it can at the same time be regarded as being bright due to the presentation of the treble, which also depends on the IEM and the track being played.

Soundstage and Imaging
The stage is not the diffused type so it's a bit closer and converged with the big bass stretching out to define the boundary so it is moderately big depending on the track due to the more controlled extreme treble air. There is more air in the mids and bass so the soundstage size gets much bigger with tracks with more mids and bass. And there is more depth than width and the height is created by the sparkly treble. However, when compared to other cables with a wider stage, it actually has a more spacious feeling within the defined stage width so it just sounds more holographic.

As mentioned earlier, due to the more controlled extreme treble air, the faster treble and the slightly slower mids and bass with more decay, the overall sound is quite bodied and is more converged giving an edge on imaging over other cables. The playback of bass and mids lines is so articulately dynamic and rhythmic and there is a good seperation in space between them creating this holographic effect and, as mentioned earlier the treble adds even more holographicness to the mix with that crisp texture. So another highlight here.

Resolution
Resolution is excellent with the mids and bass being especially resolving and the treble a little behind. The overall fast speed of the cable really helps bringing out the clarity. Extra detail can be heard with more mid/bass-centric tracks with more details hidden within these frequency bands. The extra energy also works especially well with these kinds of music helping to drive the emotion.

Pairing
Personally I am a neutral head and at the same time I do enjoy some extra bass so it is best pairing this cable with IEMs with a bigger mid-bass and a more controlled treble for that emotional mids and full bodied bass sound. I also prefer bringing out the mids so a harmon tuned IEM should also work very well.

And I would highly recommend listening to some R&B, KPop, Jazz, Electric and Bass Guitar, Sax music or any other kinds of music with more body in the mix with this cable for that energized and emotional mids and bass such as this classic:

and then this

or this (Ok, I know it's not Christmas yet but this is freaking amazing, the dynamic and that imaging!):

and then this:

I also rediscovered James Blunt's older album The Afterlove and I didn't know it could sound this 3D:

All in all, this is certainly another success of EA for creating such an additive cable with the fusion of many different elements. It's clear that the cable is created with specific goals in mind, the prenstation of the crisp treble, the energy of the mids and the focus on the mid-bass and other qualities of the cable all make the Fusion 1 not to be missed.

Oh btw, I totally forgot about this. I couldn't post this because it clearly suggests the pyramid of Giza but this is the reference I would have depict the Fusion 1 as:
1692007091973.png

The Eye of Providence - The triangular Seeing-eye on top of a flat top pyramid - bright and revealing, yet with a very solid foundation in the mids and bass.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #7,295 of 7,919
Imagine a 4W version of this but for your headphones 😀

Knowing EA, I'm sure they will be doing this eventually. It's a no brainer with well a 4W version of the Fusion would work for headphones.

_DSC4046.jpg

Pick your poison...both just as sweet...just in different ways :D

Pretty packaging too!

20230814_104932.jpg

Pros

Cons

The Look and the feel

Treble

Mids

Bass

Soundstage and Imaging

Resolution

Pairing

and then this

and then this:

Thanks for this great review. Bookmarking for future reference to look back upon when I eventually get my Fusion 1.

Aug 17, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #7,299 of 7,919
I know it’s not an exact match but I’m currently looking at the Eros S or the cleopatra for my u12t. Any experience with either of these cables ? Any recs?
Eros S is a good combination that i have personally tried, never got to try the Cleo bro. BUt a friend had the Cleo II and he said its a fantastic cable.

Aug 17, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #7,300 of 7,919
I know it’s not an exact match but I’m currently looking at the Eros S or the cleopatra for my u12t. Any experience with either of these cables ? Any recs?
Of the many cables I've paired with my U12t's, the Cleopatra II is the best matched and most musically balanced.

I have the OCTA version, but I also tried the 4W and noticed little difference (with the U12t).

IMG_3727.jpeg

Aug 17, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #7,301 of 7,919
Of the many cables I've paired with my U12t's, the Cleopatra II is the best matched and most musically balanced.

I have the OCTA version, but I also tried the 4W and noticed little difference (with the U12t).

IMG_3727.jpeg
+1 on Cleo Octa and U12t. I have been saying this since I got Cleo on day 1. It is an amazing cable and matches so well with 12t, enhancing all the qualities of the IEM without changing it’s soul.

Hades II really is an excellent cable and it is a lot of improvement as compare it with Hades I in terms of sound stage, analytical capacity and dynamism.
If you missed Hades I before, please don’t miss Hades II this time.

IMG_9909.jpeg
Mate, what a pretty cable. The name and the colour scheme is quite nice. The materials combination also point to a really detailed, technical and still engaging sound.

I would match this one with Diva. :)

Aug 17, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #7,302 of 7,919
I just got the Fusion 1 cable, currently trying it out with the u12t and u4s. Sounds fantastic with both and seems to have a bit more warmth and body to the sound vs the 64 Audio Premium Silver Cable.

Would love to use this cable for both IEMs but I don’t like the idea of constantly plugging and unplugging a cable from the IEMs.

Sadly my wallet won’t allow me to buy two of the Fusion 1 cables 🫠

Aug 17, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #7,303 of 7,919
I just got the Fusion 1 cable, currently trying it out with the u12t and u4s. Sounds fantastic with both and seems to have a bit more warmth and body to the sound vs the 64 Audio Premium Silver Cable.

Would love to use this cable for both IEMs but I don’t like the idea of constantly plugging and unplugging a cable from the IEMs.

Sadly my wallet won’t allow me to buy two of the Fusion 1 cables 🫠
This sounds like it may be what I have been looking for.

How’s the resolution, layering, and imaging vs. the silver cable?

Aug 17, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #7,304 of 7,919
This sounds like it may be what I have been looking for.

How’s the resolution, layering, and imaging vs. the silver cable?

I’ve not had a chance to properly A/B test yet but from the quick comparisons so far it seems like the resolution is the same vs the silver cable but with more warmth in the sound overall. Rather than the warmth masking the details.

Layering and imaging - I’ll be honest, I’m not good at articulating these aspects so think it’s best if somebody else comments on this. Sorry.

Aug 17, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #7,305 of 7,919
I tried the Ares S 4-wire and Cadmus 4-wire with the U12t. The Ares S muddies up the lower mids too much and adds a little too much coloration. Both the Ares and Cadmus gave the U12t more body which I appreciated. The Cadmus was a better fit, adding a little coloration but not as much as the Ares.

The Cadmus was overall as resolving as the stock cable, but felt less so because of the added body/coloration. Perhaps the 8W Cadmus may fit my needs by eking out a little bit more detail.

I'm curious about the Eros S and Fusion 1 which use copper and silver wires in their composition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back