Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 6, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #7,156 of 7,919
Now if there was a "Night Edition" Cleo II OCTA :xf_wink:
Well I can't deny that's a great idea 😎

Booth B1-51...clearly a homage to Code 51
Ha! Keen eye, you caught it 😉

Now, here is them happily together:
20230707_111009_HDR.jpg

Ah looking at it now, I think Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition will look gorgeous together with @DaveStarWalker Ringos too 🤩

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jul 7, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #7,157 of 7,919
Well I can't deny that's a great idea 😎

Ha! Keen eye, you caught it 😉

20230707_111009_HDR.jpg

Ah looking at it now, I think Eros S 1st Anniversary Edition will look gorgeous together with @DaveStarWalker Ringos too 🤩

- Jordon
Of course I thought about that too..... 🫣😅😇😉

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #7,158 of 7,919
I've been working with the Ares and Cadmus 8w versions for a few months now and both cables have found homes in my collection. They are similar in look and feel, except for color and Ares is a bit more stiff and difficult than Cadmus owing to all that copper. Remember that these are very thick cables and not what I'd consider extremely portable, at least compared to most other cables I have. I have not tried the 4w versions to compare, but I imagine they're great, too, maybe a little less weighty literally and figuratively, as 8w does bring a wall of sound.

They both also do pretty much what you'd expect. The Ares is an excellent copper cable bringing heavy note weight and plenty of bass (but not overwhelming) but giving an overall balanced, ungimicky sound. If your stock cable was copper as so many are, this is an interesting way to test against them to see if you buy the cable myth (I clearly do). Ares' thick note weight and high detail resolution can make certain pairings magical, and others not so much.

The Cadmus, a silver plated copper cable, is likely the more useful of the pair both for ergonomics (it's softer and more pliable than Ares) and ease of matching. It sounds great with almost everything in my collection. Cadmus note weight seems a bit thinner than Ares, but still very rich and full. A more pronounced midrange to my ears, more air and wider stage made Cadmus easier to roll and harder to figure out which it was best for since it sounded great on most.

I'm the end, I've got Ares on my AüR Neon Pro and Cadmus on my CA FIBAE 5 and the pairings are magical. NP (bass switch off) sounds beautifully natural with Ares across the FR, and certainly improves over the stock cable. Same with F5 and Cadmus, where F5 excelled in the widest stage with superb SQ.

While not exactly cheap, they're certainly among EAs lower priced but high end cables. Build quality is top notch: the hardware, plugs, all of it, are a great experience when treading into the world of aftermarket cables. You can also get these with all of the EA terminations, like con-X.

They may be most likely to stay home, but they are also staying in my collection!

Thanks to Jordon at EA for helping me choose these cables and making the buying experience so easy!
So damn right 👍

Hence the repost 😎🤟

Jul 10, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #7,160 of 7,919
What what ? 😅

Jul 10, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #7,161 of 7,919
Monarch.jpg

Great synergy between the Cadmus 8W and the Thieaudio Monarch...

Jul 10, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #7,163 of 7,919
Something fun arrived in the mail 😀

IMG_2401.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #7,164 of 7,919
Jul 11, 2023 at 2:19 AM Post #7,165 of 7,919
Does anyone know when the next batch of Eros S will be released? Thank you.

Jul 11, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #7,167 of 7,919
20230707_111009_HDR.jpg

- Jordon
I have to admit, that does look absolutely perfect.👌

Eros S is also a very special cable in my opinion. When I had Nic's prototype over, I loved it paired with the U18s.

Jul 11, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #7,168 of 7,919
When the GOATs meet each other.

Cleo Octa + SP3000 + A12t + Jimi Hendrix

IMG_5661.jpeg

Jul 11, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #7,170 of 7,919
Hello EA cable users & enthusiast, I've been wondering, how big of a difference in sound between the regular Rhodium 4.4mm vs the upgraded Pentaconn 4.4mm OFC?
Good question...

I have had at the same time a regular Ares S 8 wires, with the rhodium plated plug and my current Ares S Founders Edition, crafted with the gold plated copper Pentaconn plug ...

Ok, the Founders Edition is better... But it's a different cable at the very end... Hybrid pur copper wires plus gold and copper alloy wires plus palladium plated copper wires (FE) Vs pure copper wires...

So...

Good question... 😅

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back