Effect Audio cables thread
Sep 26, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #6,301 of 7,914
Just received the Cleopatra 2 mine is a tester unit so did not receive the retail box. First impression on build quality is excellent there’s been a bunch of photos of it so not going include them in this first impression post.
Had one small issue with the termX connection more related to one of my hand not working and connecting the 4.4 to cable. Considering won’t be switching out the connection not really a big deal but have to say it was difficult lining up the the black guild to install the the termX 4.4 connection.
After that I decided to first try them with the Mest Mkii without cable being burned it's to early to give a real impression on sound quality other than saying I already like what I’m hearing.

Sep 26, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #6,302 of 7,914
Just received the Cleopatra 2 mine is a tester unit so did not receive the retail box. First impression on build quality is excellent there’s been a bunch of photos of it so not going include them in this first impression post.
Had one small issue with the termX connection more related to one of my hand not working and connecting the 4.4 to cable. Considering won’t be switching out the connection not really a big deal but have to say it was difficult lining up the the black guild to install the the termX 4.4 connection.
After that I decided to first try them with the Mest Mkii without cable being burned it's to early to give a real impression on sound quality other than saying I already like what I’m hearing.
I’m looking forward to reading your thoughts on the Cleo II.

Sep 28, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #6,303 of 7,914
I've booked a slot at effect audio's experiential centre and got to try the cleopatra II 8 core paired with the Elysium demo they had.

I mean build quality of the cleo ii is awesome so let's just get to the sound part.

Compared to the stock cable, off the bat, I'm hearing an improvement in resolution and an increased staging depth. I was listening to my usual cantonese pop songs from the 90s and immediately the singers feel more energised, it clear that Cleo ii imparts energy and excitement to the Elysium that make it an even more fun listen. On the stock cable the highs are a bit harsh and I'm surprised that a full silver cable like cleo ii doesn't add to the harshness and in fact helped to "round it up" a little bit.

Another surprising area is the lows. For Elysium, I always thought that even though the bass kicks fast, it may lack a little bit in the quantity department. With cleo ii, the impact of the bass felt a bit stronger. It was discernibly stronger and I didn't know silver cables can do that.

Mids is cleaner for sure but I couldn't detect any "air". I kind of understood where the "analog" sound is coming from. Its a nice combination of a slightly elevated bass and cleaner mids that made the sound more life-like.

Overall, for sure its a really fantastic sounding new age silver cable at its price. However if I can nitpick, I think meditative music or songs that intended to give a more relaxed effect to the listener might not benefit from pairing with such an energetic cable like Cleo ii.

1.jpeg

Sep 28, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #6,304 of 7,914
I listened to both the 4 wire and 8 wire Cleopatra II at London Canjam. I made some brief listening notes about the 8 wire, and this was my overall impression -

‘8 wire Cleo II feels like the big brother of 4 wire. It’s more mature and controlled with perhaps a tiny bit thicker presentation. It’s more reserved in what it does and can add a little more warmth to the sound. Still a silver sound but a little less energetic than it’s 4 wire sibling.’

Sep 28, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #6,305 of 7,914
IMG_20220809_180349.jpg

It is quite interesting that the 8 wire Cleo II has more weight to its belt. More mature and dense. Especially the weightly bass that feels like a wall of energy. Just like the physical weight and diameters of the cable. Besides has really crips and extended highs, it also has a wider sound stage. Cool pairing with Vision Ears Phonix.

Sep 29, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #6,306 of 7,914
Switched over to the Indigo for a quick listen and had some concerns with the tightness of the 2pin connection. This is the first time using the Indigo with a cable other than stock. A suggestion might be to add a recessed 2pin as an option. With the Mest Mkii did a lot of cable rolling so 2pin were broken in.
Have put in about 50 hours with the new Cleo 2 And so far all my initial impressions are really good. I like what I’m hearing, and much more details on sound quality will be posted after the cables reach 100 hours. For now, let’s just say this cable has changed my impressions of what a quality silver cable is capable of when it comes to sound quality improvements.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #6,307 of 7,914
Patiently waiting for the Chiron dose of my Cleopatra OG. Bespoke option IMHO is truly a game changer for upgrading your current cables to the latest blend that's unique in the market

Capture.JPG

Sep 30, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #6,308 of 7,914
Patiently waiting for the Chiron dose of my Cleopatra OG. Bespoke option IMHO is truly a game changer for upgrading your current cables to the latest blend that's unique in the market

Capture.JPG
Cool, this is interesting I suppose Chiron is very adaptable and scalable

Sep 30, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #6,309 of 7,914
Cool, this is interesting I suppose Chiron is very adaptable and scalable

Indeed! However, the bespoke option is not only limited to Chiron. If you have Ares S and have the Cleo II, you can combine the two cables with bespoke and have a unique super Eros cable that only exists for you

Sep 30, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #6,310 of 7,914
Does anyone here have experience with Hansound ? Do they offer repair service for cable?

Sep 30, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #6,312 of 7,914
WooHoo Got myself a Traillii. Now to see what cable sounds best. Got my bespoke combo, A code 51 and a Leo II 8w.

Chiron bespoke 8w with your Code 51 is very magical. It has really dynamic and powerfull bass, at the same time it has a sense to hifi separation of distinctive instruments. Every instrument is presented in a very organized way.

Oct 1, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #6,313 of 7,914
Chiron bespoke 8w with your Code 51 is very magical. It has really dynamic and powerfull bass, at the same time it has a sense to hifi separation of distinctive instruments. Every instrument is presented in a very organized way.

Yeah it's a truly magical combo. Maybe I've been spoiled with EA's cables but I'm not impressed with the quality of the PW cable for the Traillii, just feels thin and flimsy.

Oct 2, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #6,315 of 7,914

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back