Effect Audio cables thread
Jan 22, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #4,756 of 7,972
It should be since Ken's connectors are universal. But, will let you know for sure once I get it back.

Horus X, Code 51, and Leo II 8wire are on its way to SGP now for an upgrade!!!

Awaiting your review after you received them back. I have Horus X and Leo ii and reluctant to upgrade with con x because i'm afriad of sound quality drop after having con x connecto.

Jan 22, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #4,758 of 7,972
I also think I'll be sending my Horus X and a couple others for the upgrade. Very cool!

Jan 22, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #4,759 of 7,972
So all new cables purchased from Effect Audio will come with the new connectors?

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #4,760 of 7,972
So all new cables purchased from Effect Audio will come with the new connectors?

I can't confirm, but I'm assuming it'll just be another option (alongside the standard 2-pin, MMCX, etc.) you can choose from when you purchase a cable.

Jan 22, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #4,761 of 7,972
CONX .jpg

Many audiophiles have multiple IEMs, often with different connectors. This always meant having to buy separate cables for each type of connector, which is costly and inefficient.

But now the simple but elegant solution is finally here: Effect Audio is proud to announce ConX. ConX allows you to simply click the top-end connector of your choosing into your cable, providing maximum versatility for your favorite cables. No longer do you have to choose which IEMs to buy a cable for, and which not.

Through rigorous testing, we sourced the best materials to ensure the connector’s resistance is kept at a minimum. As a result, the performance of the ConX connectors is on par, if not exceeding those of most connectors on the market today when it comes to sound quality – just as you have come to expect from Effect Audio.

PENTACONN.jpg MMCX.jpg

ConX will initially be available for 2-pin, MMCX, A2DC, and Ear connectors (more to follow).

And the best part is that Effect Audio is opening our doors to all cables: regardless of brand, you can send your cable to us to be re - terminated with ConX connectors.

Price: USD$50 + USD$30 retermination fee.
Get your own at https://bit.ly/3iyybg6

a2dc.jpg 2pin.jpg

Limited promotion happening from now until End - March 2021
1) All new purchases from the Heritage series onwards will be entitled to a free ConX upgrade.
2) All existing EA cable owners will get a free upgrade to ConX (re-termination service charges of $30 applies).
3) We will also be accepting any non - EA cables to be upgraded for ConX at USD$80 (US$30 for Re-termination cost and US$50 for ConX).
4) There is an exclusive promotion for EA Club members on the new ConX.

Very interesting idea. I was affraid of investing more into better cables, but this possibility maybe change my mind.

Jan 22, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #4,762 of 7,972
Awaiting your review after you received them back. I have Horus X and Leo ii and reluctant to upgrade with con x because i'm afriad of sound quality drop after having con x connecto.

I can't imagine EA would create it if it denigrates sound quality. Still a bit scary to do it with the Horus X. I'm going to dive in head first!

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #4,763 of 7,972
Just wanted to share something fun. While working on my ‘Masters of Classical Music’ review series I finally got the opportunity to revisit an old favourite pairing of mine, the Vision Ears VE5 with Lionheart.

_MG_0827.JPG

I have always said that key to getting the most from an aftermarket cable is to find optimal synergy. It isn’t always the case that the most expensive cable is “the best” because strong synergy can easily provide a better result for personal preferences. A couple of years ago I found that there was very special synergy between Lionheart and the VE5 and even now I still consider this pairing to be one of my absolute favourites.

Funny thing was that I had not heard this pairing in nearly three years and I was wondering if I would feel the same today as I did back when I first heard it. Turns out I do and I might love it even more now than I did back then. Moreover, I recently got the Shanling M8 in for a review and it turns out that this chain has outstanding synergy. I absolutely adore it!

I find this pairing has a unique presentation that I would call “focused”, as if extra attention is being paid to every element. That is why I consider this pairing especially strong at reproducing intimate classical music such as string quartets or concertos. Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons for instance is astonishingly good, as the solo violins come up with great focus and transparency. Vocals too shine with this pairing and are some of the very best I have heard to date. Crystal clear with just a hint of sweetness to avoid the bite some soprano voices can have. The balance between male and female vocals is outstanding and while the VE5 have a very restrained bass, male vocals still have excellent authority.

_MG_0818.JPG

My full classical music review will come next month, but after a few hours of listening I was so beguiled that I wanted to share some initial thoughts. I have not used Lionheart much in recent times and always regretted that because it is still very much one of my favourite cables and a very special one in EA’s lineup. A hint of warmth and intimacy while imbuing notes with an organic fluidity, at the same time it adds airiness and a lovely sparkle.

Jan 23, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #4,764 of 7,972

Many audiophiles have multiple IEMs, often with different connectors. This always meant having to buy separate cables for each type of connector, which is costly and inefficient.

But now the simple but elegant solution is finally here: Effect Audio is proud to announce ConX. ConX allows you to simply click the top-end connector of your choosing into your cable, providing maximum versatility for your favorite cables. No longer do you have to choose which IEMs to buy a cable for, and which not.

Through rigorous testing, we sourced the best materials to ensure the connector’s resistance is kept at a minimum. As a result, the performance of the ConX connectors is on par, if not exceeding those of most connectors on the market today when it comes to sound quality – just as you have come to expect from Effect Audio.

ConX will initially be available for 2-pin, MMCX, A2DC, and P - Ear connectors (more to follow).

And the best part is that Effect Audio is opening our doors to all cables: regardless of brand, you can send your cable to us to be re - terminated with ConX connectors.

1) All new purchases from the Heritage series onwards will be entitled to a free ConX upgrade.
2) All existing EA cable owners will get a free upgrade to ConX (re-termination service charges of $30 applies).
3) We will also be accepting any non - EA cables to be upgraded for ConX at USD$80 (US$30 for Re-termination cost and US$50 for ConX).

This is an awesome solution! :beerchug: Will be looking to get my Leo II updated.

Jan 23, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #4,765 of 7,972
CONX .jpg

PENTACONN.jpg MMCX.jpg

ConX will initially be available for 2-pin, MMCX, A2DC, and P - Ear connectors (more to follow).

a2dc.jpg 2pin.jpg

no offense, how is ea different to this that i found from taobao, they said they have china patent, compatible?
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...k9bPc&id=626767557245&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail
1611449879415.png

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #4,766 of 7,972
Jan 25, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #4,768 of 7,972
Hi,

I'm thinking of replacing my Rhapsodio Infinity II stock cable and I was wondering if the Code 51 could be a good candidate?
My source is a AK SP2000.
What will be the benefits regarding sound quality?
And is the Code 51 soft and confortable? I find the Infinity II stock cable very stiff.

Any other cable to recommend for the Infinity II?

Thanks!

Jan 26, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #4,770 of 7,972
let's guess if the patent was registered locally there or globally? i am no expert of patent registration.
but there is no feedback from effect, to pay and get authorization to produce or to stop selling?
this becomes interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back