Effect Audio cables thread
Sep 25, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #4,623 of 7,919
Its a good choice tho, Horus sounds so much different(better in many aspect) from your current collection, please enjoy it.
As long as the hardware is on point I’m sure I will :)

Sep 25, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #4,624 of 7,919
Full copper will always be a thing. How to keep them desirable compared to the crazy materials? I think is about price. If the price is attractive, you guys will have customers.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #4,625 of 7,919
The color Black —— always brings out an enigmatic yet intimidating presence.
With an all-black accessories design, the「Vogue series special black edition」 makes its own extraordinary fashion statement.
Limited pieces back in store!
Enjoy the sounds of Maestro, Virtuoso and Grandioso while showing it off with its stylish black design, get yours before they are gone!

Shop now: https://www.effectaudio.com/vogue-series.html

VOGUE-1.jpg

VOGUE-2.jpg

VOGUE-3.jpg

Sep 27, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #4,627 of 7,919
It looks nice and all... but being honest - I think the Ares is a bit old news-ish, and the 12w braid is just impractical imo. There's no harm in offering it outside of HK, but I don't really see it being like a huge thing myself

The 12w sounds quite a bit different from the 4 and 8 w versions......Given the copper used is the same maybe it's cos of the braiding method (I dunno). Great body and timber acorss the frequency range.

I have been staying away from thick and impractical cables but the 12w Ares isn't one of those.

Sep 27, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #4,629 of 7,919
looking at effect for the first time... I'm not seeing any 4 pin termination options on any of their products. Am I missing something?
Hi There,

We do provide different connectors on our cables (including 4-pins one as well).

This is not applicable on the Vogue series though which is only available in 2pin and MMCX.

But you can choose different types of connectors (subject to availability) on the other cables models. Just PM me or drop us an email (info@effectaudio.com) to find our more.

-Nick

Sep 28, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #4,630 of 7,919
The 12w sounds quite a bit different from the 4 and 8 w versions......Given the copper used is the same maybe it's cos of the braiding method (I dunno). Great body and timber acorss the frequency range.

I have been staying away from thick and impractical cables but the 12w Ares isn't one of those.

Ok, "great body & timbre"; this is the kind of thing I'm looking for and I'm suddenly more interested, haha
@Nick Chia how much would one of these cost? :D

Sep 28, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #4,631 of 7,919
Ok, "great body & timbre"; this is the kind of thing I'm looking for and I'm suddenly more interested, haha
@Nick Chia how much would one of these cost? :D
No set retail price as of yet. But for reference, the Ares II 4w is retailing at USD 149, while the 8 wire version retails at USD 300 (Not available on our website). So you could probably make a calculated guess from there on the retail price of the 12w version.😁

Sep 29, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #4,633 of 7,919
webwxgetmsgimg-49.jpeg

KANN CUBE + AKA = KANN ALPHA?
spacer.gif
♀️
spacer.gif
♂️
KANN CUBE + AKA > KANN ALPHA!

Can’t give in to a life without the precision from the Dual ES9038PRO DAC or are you in love with the sound quality and timbre of KANN CUBE? then you should give the AKA a try!

Get yours now: https://www.effectaudio.com/accessories/aka-balance-adaptor.html

Sep 29, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #4,634 of 7,919
Soooo I got the Horus a few days ago - wire is pretty nice, split is great, pins are in spect, but that black carbon plug looks soooo out of place compared to the golden, richer look of the rest of the cable :frowning2:

I have a friend who's receiving some rose gold hardware/plugs so I think I'll have him reterminate it or else I'd rather sell it, the lack of uniformity really bugs me

Sep 29, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #4,635 of 7,919
Hi everyone,

I am Seng Ann, I have joined Effect Audio early this month, I look forward to share all the future upcoming Effect Audio information to all of you!
@SengAnn
Welcome to Head-Fi :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back