Effect Audio cables thread
Aug 21, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #4,561 of 7,919
Honestly, that's the best solution for 4.4mm on AK DAPs to date. but still feels like a shortcut. well done EA for doing it.

Aug 21, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #4,562 of 7,919
That EA adapter is pure awesomeness. I got an AK SR25 last week because of the battery life (supposed to arrive Monday), and I’m ordering one of them adapters first thing today

I have a query on the SR25, but I’ll take this to your own shootout thread so as to keep this thread Effect Audio.

Aug 21, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #4,563 of 7,919
Yup, it would to some degree, but go easy on the vaseline though.

There's no point using too much of vaseline on the cable as all you would need is just a light coat of vaseline to clean (remove residue) and protect it by polishing it (with a soft piece of cloth).

Any other idea to soften up the cable as it didn't help at all. I know you guys have the greatest sounding cables but gotta change your outer jacket
materials or something as all your cables do that. I checked 3 years old null audio cable which hasn't change softness a bit so I know it can be done.

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #4,564 of 7,919
Any other idea to soften up the cable as it didn't help at all. I know you guys have the greatest sounding cables but gotta change your outer jacket
materials or something as all your cables do that. I checked 3 years old null audio cable which hasn't change softness a bit so I know it can be done.

Give it some time, the effects wouldn't be immediate or that dramatic. I've heard of others using autosol as well, but I would recommend against it as autosol can be highly corrosive which may damage the cable in the long run. If you would really like to try autosol, I would urge you to use it very very sparingly and cautiously while polishing the cables.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #4,565 of 7,919
Give it some time, the effects would be immediate or that dramatic. I've heard of others using autosol as well, but I would recommend against it as autosol can be highly corrosive which may damage the cable in the long run. If you would really like to try autosol, I would urge you to use it very very sparingly and cautiously while polishing the cables.
Yeah completely agree with the outer materials could be better somehow. I don't know what materials were used in Iliad from Eletech but man that cable was soft like a .feather.

Aug 22, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #4,567 of 7,919
Wait wouldn’t the acid in the Vaseline eat through the cable’s insulation? I really don’t see this being a good idea to put on PVC

On another note, placing order for the adapter woop woop!
I’m interested to hear how this adapter works out. I presume there will be no reduction in signal quality from the 4.4mm into the Dap, but I look forward to hearing your impressions.

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #4,568 of 7,919
Wait wouldn’t the acid in the Vaseline eat through the cable’s insulation? I really don’t see this being a good idea to put on PVC

On another note, placing order for the adapter woop woop!

Not corrosive enough to damage the cables. We advise customers to use the vaseline in moderation as well, an amount just enough to rub and place a light coat of protection on the cable in future.

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #4,569 of 7,919
Not corrosive enough to damage the cables. We advise customers to use the vaseline in moderation as well, an amount just enough to rub and place a light coat of protection on the cable in future.
Gotcha. Welllll I bought the adapter either way, looking forward to receiving it!

Aug 22, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #4,570 of 7,919
How easy is it to get an EA cable re-terminated from 4.4m to 2.5mm?

Edit: Doh! My memory is shockingly bad. There is now the new adapter I could get (for possible new A&K dap) 😃

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #4,571 of 7,919
I’m interested to hear how this adapter works out. I presume there will be no reduction in signal quality from the 4.4mm into the Dap, but I look forward to hearing your impressions.

I'm interested in seeing a comparison between EA's adapter and PW's. Admittedly better design from EA. The design works well with AK players themselves.

Aug 24, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #4,573 of 7,919
Look forward to hearing your impressions as well as some pictures! Do you happen to have anything to compare it with? Something similar?
I have the DD Hifi adapter arriving as well, so that's the only real comparison I'd be able to do. They're in completely different price points though, and they work rather differently too

Aug 24, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #4,574 of 7,919
I have the DD Hifi adapter arriving as well, so that's the only real comparison I'd be able to do. They're in completely different price points though, and they work rather differently too
Do you know how they work differently? I only became aware of the PW one yesterday when someone posted it on another thread.

Aug 24, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #4,575 of 7,919
Do you know how they work differently? I only became aware of the PW one yesterday when someone posted it on another thread.
No idea bud. The EA one looks super nice which is why I went for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back