Effect Audio cables thread
Jun 6, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #7,021 of 7,951
So no upgrade for those of us with old Chiron's. Because of this I'm done with EA cables. I will no longer consider them for any cables in the future.

Just a BS move all around
@EffectAudio really now? I mean, are you really serious? I bought my Chiron exactly ONE week before the release of the new Chiron and I don't even get a hardware upgrade for free after paying 3000 USD?

Sorry that's insolence and disrespect to the customer. How much would @EffectAudio lost for such a hardware upgrade? Seriously now. I certainly don't put up with this. I was actually crazy enough to want to buy Centurion, and I'm glad I didn't. After this bad move you have lost me as well and I will certainly NOT recommend you or I will always advise against it, bye!

Can you contact EA and asked if you can upgrade the design to a new hw? It is feasible.
The question was asked and rejected.

Just got my upgraded Chiron back :) This cable is still my favorite pair up with Traillii. While I was waiting, switched back to stock 1960 4W, but it wasn't the same. Chiron brings more clarity and less coloring (more transparency) to the mids/vocals, actually brings Traillii mids a bit forward, and improves the imaging. I covered all this last year in my original Chiron review, should be still the same since wires didn't change.

ea-chiron-new_hw-08.jpg

The transformation:

ea-chiron-old.jpg ea-chiron-new_hw-01.jpg

The cable upgrade covers only the hardware, wires stay the same, and, obviously, I can't do side-by-side comparison. If there are any changes, it could be relative to a difference between the plug because I switched to TermX. For 100% purity, you would want PSquared/P-EA plug since it has a direct soldering to the connector without going through modular system. But who knows, the change could be minimum, and TermX is very convenient if you need to switch to 3.5mm or 2.5mm or maybe use their usb-c tips. But even with TermX, you will still find the same sandblsated polished Titanium casing as with PSquared plug. Which also looks like the same Titanium casing of the plug and the connectors in new Cleo II.

ea-chiron-new_hw-02.jpg

The new Y-Split looks really cool, a combination of sandblasted polished Titanium with Carbon Fibre. The titanium C-shin slider is retractable and hides in Y-Split, similar to the original one. The housing of connector shells is matching, also with a sandblasted polished titanium finish, just like casing of the plug.

ea-chiron-new_hw-04.jpg ea-chiron-new_hw-05.jpg
ea-chiron-new_hw-03.jpg ea-chiron-new_hw-07.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #7,023 of 7,951
@Shawnb Thanks for sending in the query to us too. May I kindly check when was your purchase of the Chiron?

@phiemon Thanks for bringing up to me! I think it is totally fair and reasonable to request for an upgrade for your Chiron that was recently purchased within a week of launch.

The team at Effect Audio want to assure you that we value your satisfaction as a customer, and will take all feedback from our customers into careful consideration. As such, we are pleased to share that we are offering the new premium Titanium hardware upgrade (all 3 parts - Y Split, L and R Connector Housing, Terminator Housing) for all customers who have purchased the Chiron cable, after April 1st, at a fee of $300. This fee will include all 3 parts costings and also a workmanship fee for removing the current cable hardware and rebuilding a Chiron from scratch with the new titanium hardware.
We want to ensure you have the opportunity to experience our latest hardware.

To initiate the hardware upgrade process, please kindly send our friendly customer service team at info@effectaudio.com with your purchase details. We will guide you through the necessary steps and provide personalized assistance to facilitate the hardware upgrade.

We understand that this offer may not extend to customers who puchased the cable many months/years ago. Please know that we truly appreciate the feedback and trust you have placed in our brand. The team will continue to improve our products and services based on valuable feedback that we hear from the community and the audiophile family.

Thank you once again for choosing our Chiron cable, and we are committed to ensuring your utmost satisfaction!

Do feel free to let me know if you come across any issues!

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jun 6, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #7,025 of 7,951
@Shawnb Thanks for sending in the query to us too. May I kindly check when was your purchase of the Chiron?

@phiemon Thanks for bringing up to me! I think it is totally fair and reasonable to request for an upgrade for your Chiron that was recently purchased within a week of launch.

The team at Effect Audio want to assure you that we value your satisfaction as a customer, and will take all feedback from our customers into careful consideration. As such, we are pleased to share that we are offering the new premium Titanium hardware upgrade (all 3 parts - Y Split, L and R Connector Housing, Terminator Housing) for all customers who have purchased the Chiron cable, after April 1st, at a fee of $300. This fee will include all 3 parts costings and also a workmanship fee for removing the current cable hardware and rebuilding a Chiron from scratch with the new titanium hardware.
We want to ensure you have the opportunity to experience our latest hardware.

To initiate the hardware upgrade process, please kindly send our friendly customer service team at info@effectaudio.com with your purchase details. We will guide you through the necessary steps and provide personalized assistance to facilitate the hardware upgrade.

We understand that this offer may not extend to customers who puchased the cable many months/years ago. Please know that we truly appreciate the feedback and trust you have placed in our brand. The team will continue to improve our products and services based on valuable feedback that we hear from the community and the audiophile family.

Thank you once again for choosing our Chiron cable, and we are committed to ensuring your utmost satisfaction!

Do feel free to let me know if you come across any issues!

- Jordon

I bought mine in August of last year. So I guess I'm still SOL. Good to know where I stand

Jun 6, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #7,026 of 7,951
The refusal to allow us to upgrade our old Chrion to the new design, yet they provide the service for free to a reviewer.
I'll never consider another EA cable again.
A review unit isn't really the reviewers property though. It still belongs to EA. EA can recall it from them anytime, nor can the reviewer sell it. It makes sense for EA to replace the hardware on review units so the reviewer has the latest version for any future reviews/comparisons.

Jun 6, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #7,028 of 7,951
Upgrading, and-or aesthetic modifications are commonly seen in the whole audio business, but rarely for free. 🫣

Too bad, but this is a full part of the game. 🧐

Matter if fact, for EA and other brands.

This being said, there are a lot of top contenders out there, so we are totally free in our choices 😇🤘

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #7,029 of 7,951
But does a hardware upgrade for my Chiron bring any sonic benefits or is it just visual?
Just visual.

The upgrade here is just one move to create a family of common looking visual codes and finitions, shared by the top EA products: Centurion, Chiron.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #7,030 of 7,951
Just visual.

The upgrade is just a move to make a more aesthetic and sharing visual codes family, for the top EA products: Centurion, Chiron.
In this case, I certainly won't spend $300 + shipping if the upgrade doesn't provide any benefits for better sound.

@JordonEA

By the way, I still think 300 USD for such an upgrade is an impudence. Unfortunately, that doesn't make it any better. Not after Chiron has been so expensive, not for a flagship, not after the purchase so close to the upgrade, that's just bad for customer loyalty.

Jun 6, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #7,031 of 7,951
Honestly, if it's just an aesthetic thing I wouldn't worry too much, it's like buying a car we like and after a few months the new model comes out... if it doesn't bring new important features I wouldn't mind staying with the previous model, even because if I didn't like it I wouldn't have bought it at the time.
Happiness is not in having what one wants, but rather in wanting what one has. :wink:

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #7,032 of 7,951
Honestly, if it's just an aesthetic thing I wouldn't worry too much, it's like buying a car we like and after a few months the new model comes out... if it doesn't bring new important features I wouldn't mind staying with the previous model, even because if I didn't like it I wouldn't have bought it at the time.
Happiness is not in having what one wants, but rather in wanting what one has. :wink:

If was a new model I'd understand. I'd even understand if it was a limited edition.
Not change the design of a less then year old cable just because they could.

As others have said there's lots of choice. I'll be choosing another valuable maker

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #7,033 of 7,951
If was a new model I'd understand. I'd even understand if it was a limited edition.

As others have said there's lots of choice. I'll be choosing another valuable maker
In this, like all other hobbies, satisfaction is everything. And satisfaction also comes from rewarding a company that has convinced us with other purchases or, on the contrary, not doing it with one that has disappointed us. For example, I won't buy anything from Dunu anymore, but not because a new cable has come out (Blanche) but because they refused to replace the one I bought as they should, which had turned out to be defective with interchangeable jacks. Then, fortunately, Hifigo intervened (full refund), which I thank. Moral of the story ... I still buy from Hifigo with pleasure but nothing that is branded Dunu.

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #7,034 of 7,951

Most importantly, I don't understand why an upgrade should only be possible for purchases made on or after April 1 and not earlier purchases. And this 300 USD I find exorbitant.

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #7,035 of 7,951
Most importantly, I don't understand why an upgrade should only be possible for purchases made on or after April 1 and not earlier purchases. And this 300 USD I find exorbitant.
Simple, because an "upgrade" as you call it... is nothing more than building a new cable... so they try to discourage you... in one case they earn 3k (with some material) in the other 300 (with the same time)... it's obvious that they try to discourage... already so they can hardly keep up with the "normal" orders they receive. I would never upgrade it... especially if it's a cable that works perfectly... sometimes you go to improve and instead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back