Effect Audio cables thread
Aug 30, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #6,196 of 8,007
Hey guys! We've just introduced 2 curated bespoke pairings with Chiron 4W - 1 with Horus and the other 1 with Caliburn. Check out our page for more information! 🙌🏽
https://www.effectaudio.com/chiron-4w

Absolutely! Cleopatra II will be able to improve it's resolution while providing for a surprisingly smooth analog sound.

- Jordon

Bespoking with a Chiron can have a dramatic change to the sound. It can be game changing. I thought my Code 51 was end game, little did I know what adding the Chiron would do. I've tried going back but I just can't.

Aug 30, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #6,197 of 8,007
Bespoking with a Chiron can have a dramatic change to the sound. It can be game changing. I thought my Code 51 was end game, little did I know what adding the Chiron would do. I've tried going back but I just can't.
IMG-20220830-WA0013.jpg

Chiron and Black Code 51. This might be yourbsolution.

Aug 30, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #6,198 of 8,007
One of my IEM currently is paired with Effect Audio Lionheart.
Really love the synergy.

Now i am looking cable with similar tonal balance to the Lionheart, but with slightly more laid back midrange.

Any recommendation from the current lineup?

And also, is it possible for ConX to support qdc pin?

Aug 30, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #6,201 of 8,007
One of my IEM currently is paired with Effect Audio Lionheart.
Really love the synergy.

Now i am looking cable with similar tonal balance to the Lionheart, but with slightly more laid back midrange.

Any recommendation from the current lineup?

And also, is it possible for ConX to support qdc pin?
Can’t speak to Andromeda (search the thread) but there were lots of comments and impressions earlier in this thread, to the effect that the Cadmus pairs well with 64 Audio IEMS, but @twister6 in his review preferred the Eros S on the U12T. I couldn’t decide, so ordered them both, but they are still en route. Whichever pairs best will find it’s permanent home with my U12T- seems like Cadmus might do well with the Andromeda since it already has a big soundstage (which Eros S promotes). But I can’t yet speak from personal experience- I will leave impressions after I try them out.

Aug 30, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #6,202 of 8,007
Can’t speak to Andromeda (search the thread) but there were lots of comments and impressions earlier in this thread, to the effect that the Cadmus pairs well with 64 Audio IEMS, but @twister6 in his review preferred the Eros S on the U12T. I couldn’t decide, so ordered them both, but they are still en route. Whichever pairs best will find it’s permanent home with my U12T- seems like Cadmus might do well with the Andromeda since it already has a big soundstage (which Eros S promotes). But I can’t yet speak from personal experience- I will leave impressions after I try them out.
Great thanks I’d really appreciate it. Yes I’ve been reading the thread for hours now but I couldn’t decide!

Aug 31, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #6,203 of 8,007

Chiron and Black Code 51. This might be yourbsolution.

I went with the Silver instead. The way the black of the Chiron goes with the Silver of the Code 51 makes a beautiful cable. I kept my FE for the dream of making an 8w Code 51.

I'm loving the combo of them.

A048FF38-D4EF-4F33-BB12-000BEEC6B85A.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #6,204 of 8,007
That's great to hear! This gives us the motivation to continue to produce innovative and quality sounding products 🙌🏽

@amirraouf7 I'm sure whichever of the 2, Cadmus or Eros S, that you decide to get will still work wonders. Cadmus should clean up the clarity of the lows at the same time extending the highs while Eros S will improve on the soundstage while providing for a bit of warmth. 😎
@jlemaster1957 Your cables are on the way to you! 😃 Can't wait for you to unbox our babies 🎉

I went with the Silver instead. The way the black of the Chiron goes with the Silver of the Code 51 makes a beautiful cable. I kept my FE for the dream of making an 8w Code 51.

I'm loving the combo of them.
Aren't they absolutely gorgeous?! 🤩

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Aug 31, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #6,205 of 8,007
For the U12t I’d probably choose Cadmus. It pairs well with my Trio, and although U12t is a slightly different flavour, to my ears there was some 64 house sound similarities between the two.

Aug 31, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #6,206 of 8,007
That's great to hear! This gives us the motivation to continue to produce innovative and quality sounding products 🙌🏽

@amirraouf7 I'm sure whichever of the 2, Cadmus or Eros S, that you decide to get will still work wonders. Cadmus should clean up the clarity of the lows at the same time extending the highs while Eros S will improve on the soundstage while providing for a bit of warmth. 😎
@jlemaster1957 Your cables are on the way to you! 😃 Can't wait for you to unbox our babies 🎉

Aren't they absolutely gorgeous?! 🤩

- Jordon
Thank you so much Jordon, I was thinking of getting the Cadmus and Ares s and mostly people like Cadmus with the A12t(U12t) so do you think Ares S would be a good match for Andromeda? Because I read different places that because of the low sensitivity of the Andros most people don’t even change the cable as it wouldn’t pair well with most cables!

Aug 31, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #6,208 of 8,007

In this hobby everything is up to a personal preference :wink: When I'm working on cable reviews I feel like a "mad scientist" mixing and matching to find a pair up I like the most with specific iems. As I always say, cable by itself doesn't have a sound. Instead, it takes the baseline sound tuning of your specific iem and fine-tunes it according to a sound property of that cable. Absolutely love Eros S, one of the top price/performance cables in that segment.

Aug 31, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #6,209 of 8,007
In this hobby everything is up to a personal preference :wink: When I'm working on cable reviews I feel like a "mad scientist" mixing and matching to find a pair up I like the most with specific iems. As I always say, cable by itself doesn't have a sound. Instead, it takes the baseline sound tuning of your specific iem and fine-tunes it according to a sound property of that cable. Absolutely love Eros S, one of the top price/performance cables in that segment.
Thanks 🙏🏼 😊

Aug 31, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #6,210 of 8,007
- Jordon
Thanks Jordon yes very excited. I will probably try U12T with both cables and leave an impression. I am a bit nervous to do much cable swaps on it since in the past some Head-fiers have reported the 2-pin holes becoming loose and cables then start to wobble at the connection point. I will be very careful, and I know they can bear some swapping but my aim is to provide the U12T a permanent ‘mate’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back