Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 16, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #6,001 of 8,006
I have enjoyed Effect Audio cables/accessories since last year, and wish them nothing but success.

However I have a rather "big" qualm about the new cables. I haven't purchased any of the three yet, however I am not certain whether what comes in the box is only *one* of MMCX/2 pin/etc., or at least two of the options. If it's only one connector in-box new, then ConX seems useless to me,because you must then buy a separate connector.

I honestly haven't seen single types sold separately, and most definitely do not need anything other than 2pin or MMCX. If the connectors were only $10, maybe it makes sense, but it would be $60 for a set of four of which 3 won't be used? (I.E. included cable connector duplicates, the additional needed pair of connectors, plus a pair of "useless"-in the sense they will never be utilized-connectors. So unless you have 4 types of plugs in your IEM collection-or want to "future proof" your purchases-I see no use for the ConX system without any additional connectors in the cable box.

Hope I made myself clear-I do not yet understand what comes in the box with the cable, as the reviewers I have read do not specify, and go straight to ergonomics and sound analysis. Which is fine! But I am curious if what comes in the box is only *your* choice of MMCX, or 2 pin, etc. The latter would be a disappointment, making the cables more expensive, and only worth it as a pricey cable rolling experiment. For only one cable, it does not make much sense-to me at least.

Very sorry for sounding negative. Hope I am understood. It *is* criticism, but I do mean well. I personally do not want to try them at all unless two connectors are included, or individual pairs of connectors are sold at an acceptable price (not $60-good for 4, case, and key, but not for a pair of connectors.) Otherwise one could buy the older, nice cables without ConX?

If I am misinterpreting how this ConX is being sold or advertised, my apologies. On the official site and at a local store they are sold at regular price for 2 pin, +10 for MMCX, etc. If the +$10 means 2 pin *and* a MMCX pair, it's fine-otherwise I do *not* understand the marketing strategy.

Sorry for my seemingly harsh words. Likewise if I am "not getting" what could be fairly obvious to everyone else. Be well.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #6,003 of 8,006
@Star Ace, yes nothing extra comes with the original purchase price, just the type of headphone connection you pick, 2-pin OR MMCX. In the same case the only termination style is the one you pick, nothing extra.
As I had feared-indeed I had high hopes that it would include both of the most popular connectors, just as some cables/IEMs do with modular plugs. As this is, one would need to retrofit an older cable or buy two cables to better take advantage of this. The most economical pathway would be a single cable plus $60 ConX box set. Even buying two cables of differing connections might not matter, as I think you need the key to lock the connectors in place-correct me if I am wrong.

Hope you see why I do not see the point of ConX-not hating on Effect Audio or being critical for its own sake, as some are prone to. Would have considered these with included swappable connectors in box-not as an additional expenditure on top of the cables themselves.

Thanks so much. :)

Jul 16, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #6,004 of 8,006
As I had feared-indeed I had high hopes that it would include both of the most popular connectors, just as some cables/IEMs do with modular plugs. As this is, one would need to retrofit an older cable or buy two cables to better take advantage of this. The most economical pathway would be a single cable plus $60 ConX box set. Even buying two cables of differing connections might not matter, as I think you need the key to lock the connectors in place-correct me if I am wrong.

Hope you see why I do not see the point of ConX-not hating on Effect Audio or being critical for its own sake, as some are prone to. Would have considered these with included swappable connectors in box-not as an additional expenditure on top of the cables themselves.

Thanks so much. :)

I look at it as future-proofing the cables. Currently, I only need 2 pins but if down the road I need a different connection I have this option.
When you order one of the new signature series the 2 pins are the standard connection. You can add any of the other 4 for $10.00 each. I think that’s a fair amount if you need a different connection.
I can see your point if down the road you need to change your connection that you have to buy the conx kit. It be nice if there was an option to buy them separately.
My feeling is they looked at the cost factor with shipping and decided that if they sold them as singles the shipping would be more than the item. If the demands there they might in the future go this route.
My suggestion is to contact them and request they possibly offer single connection sales. Or when you order the cable get the extra connections you need then. $10.00 isn’t a huge sum of money considering what you're already spending on the cable.

I just read your posts are you sure you need a special tool to change connections? I figured the $10.00 cost would include both the standard 2-pin and an extra connection of your choice. Hopefully someone at effect audio can help clear this up.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #6,005 of 8,006
I'm feeling a bit misled by EA. I went through the whole cable testing process and was told they would ship out the production models last month. Here we are a month later and not a peep from EA. I don't mind spending my time to help out with some reviews, but when the company fails to follow through on their word, it rubs me the wrong way.

Jul 17, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #6,006 of 8,006
I'm feeling a bit misled by EA. I went through the whole cable testing process and was told they would ship out the production models last month. Here we are a month later and not a peep from EA. I don't mind spending my time helping out with some reviews, but when the company fails to follow through on their word, it rubs me the wrong way.

In the same boat on waiting, Effects Audio did respond about the delay 3 days ago. They said they're hoping to have all the Signature Series shipped out in the next two weeks. I would least give them till then before becoming upset with them.

Last I heard Jordon is currently serving a mandatory 2 weeks of army training in Singapore. He was able to at least send a message below to answer this question. I understand your frustration and hopefully, we will get the shipping info soon. If Jordon hasn’t personally responded to your PM this might be why.

Just curious what cable are you waiting on mine is the Cadmus?

That's right! Our logistics team are hard at work to ensure all units get send out as soon as possible! Do check your email inboxes 🙌🏽 We should be able to get the Signature Series babies shipped out these 2 weeks time 🎉

- Jordon

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #6,007 of 8,006
Jeez…

Attachments

• 20220717_162105.jpg
    20220717_162105.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 0
Jul 17, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #6,008 of 8,006
@Star Ace
If the +$10 means 2 pin *and* a MMCX pair,
Yes that is correct. +$10 means that you will be receiving both the 2-pin and MMCX from us 🙌🏽

@DrewVz Thanks for your kind patience! 🙆🏻‍♂️ Demand has been unexpectedly high for the Signature Series and the team is working extra hard to ensure the cables are sent out soonest possible. You should be receiving an update from the logistics team in these 2 weeks time!

@Ufanco Yes I'll be out in 7 days! 🕺 (Fitter and so much tanner 😂)

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jul 18, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #6,009 of 8,006
A lot of work went into this write up, and hope you guys/gals enjoy it and find useful. Here is my detailed review/comparison of EA Signature Series cables.

ea-signature-00.jpg ea-signature-08.jpg

ea-signature-15.jpg ea-signature-17.jpgea-signature-21.jpg ea-signature-23.jpg

Jul 18, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #6,010 of 8,006
I want a bit crazy on cables this week. Sent my Code 51's to get reterminated in ConX & TermX, couldn't stand the wait so I snagged a Leo II 8w from the classifieds and then couldn't help myself when I saw a Code 51 FE model and grabbed that as well.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #6,011 of 8,006
A lot of work went into this write up, and hope you guys/gals enjoy it and find useful. Here is my detailed review/comparison of EA Signature Series cables.

Excellent review of the signature line, thank you for sharing your thoughts on it. Personally I had a hard time deciding between the Cadmus or Ares S with the mest mkii. For me it came down to source and the amp used well testing the prototypes. Curious to hear how Cadmus will sound with the ares ii vs Shanling M6 pro 21.

Both are great starter cables imho, before testing the prototypes I went the route of buying cables off of Aliexpress and agree it can be hit or miss on quality.

Interesting that you noticed differences btw the prototypes and the official release since @saldsald reported the same thing. It sound like it a improvement so that’s a relief. Hopefully once they ship out the rest of the signature cables we will get more feedback on any changes. Of course audio memory is horrible honestly I think you are the most likely to notice changes since you have both prototypes and finished product.

Jul 18, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #6,012 of 8,006
Excellent review of the signature line, thank you for sharing your thoughts on it. Personally I had a hard time deciding between the Cadmus or Ares S with the mest mkii. For me it came down to source and the amp used well testing the prototypes. Curious to hear how Cadmus will sound with the ares ii vs Shanling M6 pro 21.

Both are great starter cables imho, before testing the prototypes I went the route of buying cables off of Aliexpress and agree it can be hit or miss on quality.

Interesting that you noticed differences btw the prototypes and the official release since @saldsald reported the same thing. It sound like it a improvement so that’s a relief. Hopefully once they ship out the rest of the signature cables we will get more feedback on any changes. Of course audio memory is horrible honestly I think you are the most likely to notice changes since you have both prototypes and finished product.

The deal with headphone plugs is a real thing. Back in the days when EA introduced their PSquared plug (Palladium x Platinum), I received exactly the same cable with the only difference of a standard vs PSquared connector, and was able to tell them apart in a double blind test conducted by my wife who, along with my kids, thinks I'm nuts :D My only explanation is that it has something to do with a change in impedance and how it affects the perception of the sound.

Jul 18, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #6,014 of 8,006
I want a bit crazy on cables this week. Sent my Code 51's to get reterminated in ConX & TermX, couldn't stand the wait so I snagged a Leo II 8w from the classifieds and then couldn't help myself when I saw a Code 51 LE model and grabbed that as well.
Wow you are a really huge fan of EA with multiple totl cables. You can enjoy all of them as they have very different signature. Pair them of different IEM for different effect.

IMG_20220718_154957.jpg

The new series of Effect Audio cable is extremely popular and have a huge demand. First batches has been sweeped in a heart beat. EA must be keeping up with their production. Those who are waiting, you can be sure that these new cables definitely worth the wait as they have amazing level of performance.
I'm feeling a bit misled by EA. I went through the whole cable testing process and was told they would ship out the production models last month. Here we are a month later and not a peep from EA. I don't mind spending my time to help out with some reviews, but when the company fails to follow through on their word, it rubs me the wrong way.

Jul 19, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #6,015 of 8,006
Wow you are a really huge fan of EA with multiple totl cables. You can enjoy all of them as they have very different signature. Pair them of different IEM for different effect.

Does the Final Edition of the Code 51 sound different from the normal one? Am looking forward to comparing the differences between the Leo II 8w and the Code 51.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back