Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 21, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #5,116 of 7,919
Maybe now that it is announced I can talk about it. I tried it for a couple hours at EA HQ, I am no reviewer and not that good at explaning sound/equipment.

I find Centurion to be very different cable than others that I have. The sound difference is immediately noticable. Soundstage and detail is hard to explain, but it feels better. The most prominent change is the extremely detailed and pronounced mids and high. As a result the low end feels a bit recessed. My initial thought is that this cable is not for bass head, which I am not. The bass is there, more refined and controlled, but the mids and high gets elevated more in detail and presentation. I love how vocal comes across, so much so that I pre-order the cable on the spot.

The iem I tried it with for that coupld hours are: ee odin custom, ve elysium custom, S.K., A18t, and King Arthur LE.
Thank you,
How it compares with Code 51 ?
Which pairing was best from the iems you tested ? Some iems already have good stock cables but a 4K cable would beat all of them I guess.

Jul 21, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #5,117 of 7,919
Maybe now that it is announced I can talk about it. I tried it for a couple hours at EA HQ, I am no reviewer and not that good at explaning sound/equipment.

I find Centurion to be very different cable than others that I have. The sound difference is immediately noticable. Soundstage and detail is hard to explain, but it feels better. The most prominent change is the extremely detailed and pronounced mids and high. As a result the low end feels a bit recessed. My initial thought is that this cable is not for bass head, which I am not. The bass is there, more refined and controlled, but the mids and high gets elevated more in detail and presentation. I love how vocal comes across, so much so that I pre-order the cable on the spot.

The iem I tried it with for that coupld hours are: ee odin custom, ve elysium custom, S.K., A18t, and King Arthur LE.

Centurion indeed is a more revealing cable, and while you are trying it with more mid-forward or leaner bass IEMs (except, I'm not familiar with KA LE) it will push mids presentation a little more forward. It doesn't make bass recessed, instead, makes it more layered and articulate, but it will not boost the bass :wink:

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #5,118 of 7,919
Thank you,
How it compares with Code 51 ?
Which pairing was best from the iems you tested ? Some iems already have good stock cables but a 4K cable would beat all of them I guess.
I'd say among all that I tried, it paired well with them in different way, but taste definitely comes into play here. With Odin and Elysium, it extends the top range, brought forward mids and make it sweeter and more memorable. I still remember the feeling I immediately had hearing it. With A18t and S.K. being slightly mode balanced/neutral than Odin/Elysium which are brighter leaning, it feels much more layered and detailed, I still feel mids and high are the king of focus of this cable, and happily so for me.

What I find is Elysium usually have quite sharp high, despite that, Centurion extends its high without making it feels sharp, it becomes very detailed and enjoyable (to me).

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #5,119 of 7,919
Centurion indeed is a more revealing cable, and while you are trying it with more mid-forward or leaner bass IEMs (except, I'm not familiar with KA LE) it will push mids presentation a little more forward. It doesn't make bass recessed, instead, makes it more layered and articulate, but it will not boost the bass :wink:
You're the pro here. I agree with you.

I separately got to tried traillii yesterday, immediately was curious how Centurion pair with trailii. Looking forward to your review.

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #5,120 of 7,919
You're the pro here. I agree with you.

I separately got to tried traillii yesterday, immediately was curious how Centurion pair with trailii. Looking forward to your review.

As I mentioned in Traillii thread, Centurion is my favorite pair up with Traillii right now. Orpheus is very good too, but pulls Traillii into a smoother and more organic tuning direction, plus it is heavier, stiffer, and with more microphonics. Centurion, on the other hand, is more revealing, bringing upper mids forward with more micro-details and more revealing tonality. Also, paired up with Traillii, Centurion still gives you that holographic soundstage with 3D imaging.

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #5,121 of 7,919
As I mentioned in Traillii thread, Centurion is my favorite pair up with Traillii right now. Orpheus is very good too, but pulls Traillii into a smoother and more organic tuning direction, plus it is heavier, stiffer, and with more microphonics. Centurion, on the other hand, is more revealing, bringing upper mids forward with more micro-details and more revealing tonality. Also, paired up with Traillii, Centurion still gives you that holographic soundstage with 3D imaging.
Now you make me want to buy Trailii... I shouldn't have asked, lol... it is hard to find in Singapore...

Jul 22, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #5,122 of 7,919
Thanks everyone for your interest so far, we have sold out the first batch of pre-orders for 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐧!

We'll continue taking pre-orders for batch #2 (limited quantity remaining), arriving towards the end of August.

B2.jpg

#Centurion #NewFlagship

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jul 22, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #5,123 of 7,919
Just gonna leave it here. Never thought I will need a display stand for IEMs. This one will do :wink: Both, the display stand and the case in rosewood, are part of Centurion accessories. I also just mentioned this in Traillii thread, they need to sell this display stand separately, I'm sure many would enjoy it to showcase their IEMs.

ea-centurion-x01.jpgea-centurion-x02.jpgea-centurion-x03.jpgea-centurion-x04.jpgea-centurion-x05.jpgea-centurion-x06.jpgea-centurion-x07.jpgea-centurion-x08.jpg

Jul 23, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #5,125 of 7,919
IMG_20210710_151749.jpg

Centurion provides very deep and texture base with very nice vocals, while not scraficing any highs frequency.

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #5,127 of 7,919
In addition to dynamics and high resolution, does Centurion have a rich, full body, weighted sound? Headfonics review has zero use of these words describing the cable.

I did indeed use the term "weighted" sound in the review :)

"That lift also brings in plenty of power so dynamic driver hybrids are going to sound weighted with a more physical characteristic to note timbre and less ‘gooey’ softness."

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #5,129 of 7,919
Jul 24, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #5,130 of 7,919
I saw a user said the plugs fit but very tight. Isn't it? Is it difficult to unplug?
That's me. I having this problem, i still couldn't unplug it from my z1r. It's very tight and hard to remove. This is the first time I've use the third party cable so i think maybe it's also the reason. I tried to use the mmcx assis but it's still not working :frowning2:

Attachments

• 87F38E86-ADFE-42E1-A730-BEA09EF9694D.jpeg
    87F38E86-ADFE-42E1-A730-BEA09EF9694D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back