Effect Audio - AKA Balance Adapter
Sep 16, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #76 of 83
Sep 16, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #77 of 83
The guys were working for Samsung I believe.
The guys at A&K are great engineers, no doubt about that. And they make great stuff... No doubt about that either. It's just that to do so costs them a lot more than it does a mega corporation like Sony... Both in time and in money. And part of that is shouldered by the consumer.

It comes down to resources at the end of the day. My Russian plumber was apparently a hell of a rocket scientist... Possibly better than some of those currently working at Space X. But I don't think that he would fare well in a space race against Elon Musk.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #78 of 83
Mar 28, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #79 of 83
Effect Audio is proud to announce the launch of AKA Balance Adapter - the most satisfying choice to fulfil our audiophiles “love for beauty”. It allows you to enjoy the best performance of your audio system without changing the plug and compromising the aesthetics.

The new adapter features a geometric cutting design combine with CNC aluminum alloy shell that technically and aesthetically matches Astell&Kern DAP. It adopts the high-end PSquared (palladium and platinum-plated)2.5mm and 3.5mm plugs developed in cooperation with EA and Oyaide as well as the 4.4mm official socket by Pentaconn. This makeup significantly reduces signal transmission loss and reproduce little to no distortion.

To provide superior music listening experience for audiophiles‘, EA had adjusted and polished the details repeatedly for the amazing final result:

The weight of 18g makes it incredibly portable and storage; The use of aluminum alloy shell combined with precision CNC technology makes it resistant to fingerprints. The size is 38.0×30.0×12.9mm which matches with the thickness of the DAP. It is undoubtedly an outstanding matching accessory for Astell&Kern DAP.

AKA is compatible with Astell&Kern's SP2000, SP1000, SA700, KANN CUBE and other portable models with 2.5mm balanced output and 3.5mm single-ended socket.

Technical Advantages Highlight

·Geometric-cutting design and CNC aluminum alloy shell

·Adopts high-end PSquared 2.5mm and 3.5mm plug designed in cooperation with Oyaide

·Adopts Pentaconn official 4.4mm socket

·Special made 34 AWG OCC copper internal strands

RRP:US$199

Shop here: www.effectaudio.com/accessories/aka-balance-adaptor.html

Visit our website www.effectaudio.com for more information.

AKA1.jpgAKA2.jpgAKA3.jpgAKA4.jpgAKA5.jpg
@Nick Chia I see the SP1000 is listed in the compatibility list, does that include the SP1000M as well? Thanks!

Apr 4, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #80 of 83
It took a few days contemplating whether to get this adapter and a SP2000 ... to chase the magical solutions to squeezing the best out of my headphones.

Before I realised I could:
1. Just use the 3.5mm unbalanced cable that comes with my headphones and save a lot of money (flame suit on). Both my full sized cans don’t have 2.5mm ... only 4.4 in balanced but come with 3.5.
2. Use my m11 pro SS which has the 2.5/3.5/4.4 TRS outputs and save a lot of money.
3. Spend money on a decent desktop solution. And end up with better sound. I don’t think the SP2000 would be end game with full sized cans

Apr 5, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #81 of 83
It took a few days contemplating whether to get this adapter and a SP2000 ... to chase the magical solutions to squeezing the best out of my headphones.

Before I realised I could:
1. Just use the 3.5mm unbalanced cable that comes with my headphones and save a lot of money (flame suit on). Both my full sized cans don’t have 2.5mm ... only 4.4 in balanced but come with 3.5.
2. Use my m11 pro SS which has the 2.5/3.5/4.4 TRS outputs and save a lot of money.
3. Spend money on a decent desktop solution. And end up with better sound. I don’t think the SP2000 would be end game with full sized cans

This has to be the most pointless comment I’ve seen here on head-fi... and I’ve been here quite a while. Congratulations for being so special.

Apr 5, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #82 of 83
The point of the comment is that one could go round chasing a tail for a long time. Over whether to buy an adapter. I certainly did. Special would be a compliment. The audiophile hobby can be a mind numbingly circumlocutional exercise. My apologies if my post was construed as such.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back