Edmonton Winter Meet Nov 17th 2018 @ U of A - EHE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2018 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Malfunkt

1000+ Head-Fier
zmzIzR5h.jpg

As the snow settles here in the Great North, many of us will be spending a bit less time outdoors, which means more time for headphones!

Get a chance to hear some incredible gear. Join our local Facebook group and let us know you are coming or comment below.

Event here
https://www.facebook.com/events/280409062586214/

Date:
Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 1 PM – 5 PM

University of Alberta, Student Union’s Building, Marigold Room.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 8
We've had some great get togethers in the past. Expect a small sized group, low-noise floor and high dynamic range of attendees. :p

I will be bringing:

Sennheiser HD800
Sony MDR-F1 (sort of like a mini 800 from the '90s, except with better imaging / soundstage?!)
Sennheiser HD540 Reference 1

Possibly:
Sennheiser HD250
Sennheiser HD630VB
Etymotic ER4SR (BYOT - bring your own tips)
Etymotic HF5 (BYOT)

Nov 8, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #4 of 8
The evening of the 17th, my wife and I are going out for her 40th birthday, but I will try to show up for a while in the early afternoon.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to bring to the table - I sold all my audiophile-grade headphones and amp when we bought our house last year, switching to a 2 channel system. That was a big mistake, and I am thinking of getting back into it again.

I will bring what I have:

- Meze 99 Neo w/ Brainwavz pads (the Neo and 99 Classics are the best closed-backs I've heard under $700, I'm a big booster for them).
- Sony WH-1000mk3 (The latest iteration released a couple months ago - extremely comfortable and currently regarded as the world's best noise cancelling headphones).
- Fiio X5 mk3 (my source)
- LZ A4 (These are my go-to IEMs, they are hybrids I have compared them to IEM's in the $1000 range, and they are the best I have heard yet

Nov 8, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #5 of 8
I am only going to be there for part of the early afternoon as I have a Christmas Party to head to, but looking forward to it. @Jazzkammer , looking forward to hearing the Meze 99 and LZ!

Nov 15, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #7 of 8
Hey guys. I'll be bringing the following cans:

Sennheiser HD650
Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00
Focal Utopia
Sony MDR-F1
Etymotic Research ER-4P
KZ ZS3

Amp:
Laconic/Eddie Current x Massdrop ZDT Jr.

Excited to see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back