Edmonton Winter Meet Nov 17th 2018 @ U of A - EHE

1. Malfunkt
    [​IMG]
    As the snow settles here in the Great North, many of us will be spending a bit less time outdoors, which means more time for headphones!

Get a chance to hear some incredible gear. Join our local Facebook group and let us know you are coming or comment below.

Event here
    https://www.facebook.com/events/280409062586214/

Date:
    Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 1 PM – 5 PM

University of Alberta, Student Union’s Building, Marigold Room.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  2. Malfunkt
    We've had some great get togethers in the past. Expect a small sized group, low-noise floor and high dynamic range of attendees. :p

I will be bringing:

Sennheiser HD800
    Sony MDR-F1 (sort of like a mini 800 from the '90s, except with better imaging / soundstage?!)
    Sennheiser HD540 Reference 1

Possibly:
    Sennheiser HD250
    Sennheiser HD630VB
    Etymotic ER4SR (BYOT - bring your own tips)
    Etymotic HF5 (BYOT)

slankoe and ozrainmaker like this.
  3. ozrainmaker
    Hey thanks for posting

I'll bring
    AEON closed
    LCDX
    HD600
    Grado SR325e
    Denon 2000

really look forward to seeing you all!

slankoe, Malfunkt and named name like this.
  4. Jazzkammer
    The evening of the 17th, my wife and I are going out for her 40th birthday, but I will try to show up for a while in the early afternoon.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to bring to the table - I sold all my audiophile-grade headphones and amp when we bought our house last year, switching to a 2 channel system. That was a big mistake, and I am thinking of getting back into it again.

I will bring what I have:

- Meze 99 Neo w/ Brainwavz pads (the Neo and 99 Classics are the best closed-backs I've heard under $700, I'm a big booster for them).
    - Sony WH-1000mk3 (The latest iteration released a couple months ago - extremely comfortable and currently regarded as the world's best noise cancelling headphones).
    - Fiio X5 mk3 (my source)
    - LZ A4 (These are my go-to IEMs, they are hybrids I have compared them to IEM's in the $1000 range, and they are the best I have heard yet

slankoe, ozrainmaker and Malfunkt like this.
  5. Malfunkt
    I am only going to be there for part of the early afternoon as I have a Christmas Party to head to, but looking forward to it. @Jazzkammer , looking forward to hearing the Meze 99 and LZ!

ozrainmaker likes this.
  6. ozrainmaker
  7. slankoe
    Hey guys. I'll be bringing the following cans:

Sennheiser HD650
    Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00
    Focal Utopia
    Sony MDR-F1
    Etymotic Research ER-4P
    KZ ZS3

Amp:
    Laconic/Eddie Current x Massdrop ZDT Jr.

Excited to see you there!

Malfunkt likes this.
  8. ozrainmaker
    really excited to try the X00, almost jumped the gun couple of times