Edmonton mini-meet? - May 26, 2007
May 7, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #46 of 69
If you only have that many people; walking in from the north facing doors make a right and the first door on your right. For more people go up stairs and make a right and the first door on your left.

May 8, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #48 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, with this many people dropping out due to date complications, I don't know. Would it work for more of you if we did it on the 19th?

My first available Saturday evening is now June 9th...
blink.gif
Hmm, same goes for Friday nights...

It's up to you folks, if I can't make this one I'll do my durndest to make the next.

Percy

May 9, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #49 of 69
I can make it on the 12th, for sure, but if we do make it a May long weekend meet, I'll almost certainly be able to bring a pair of Yuin PK3 and a pair of Ultrasone PROline 750 along with what I have right now. The former is on order and will be shipped on the 11th, and the latter I'm still in the process of making a deal for!
tongue.gif

I'd like to be able to bring some more interesting gear to the meet with me to share, but either date will work just fine for me as far as I know.

May 9, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #51 of 69
So I hear rumours of the weekend of the 19th is some "May Long Weekend." Maybe May 26 is our lucky day. May 26 it is. Pack your bags and leave them packed until May 26, fellows.

May 12, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #52 of 69
Sounds like a plan! My PK3 and my 750 are both en route at this very moment, so I'll have them both there at the meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and as a heads up to the locals keeping up with this thread, the U of A is having a surplus equipment sale in the Materials Management Building (right behind the Jubilee Auditorium) tomorrow from 10:00 to 15:00. Last time they had lots of cool computer equipment and such for very, very cheap, so it's worth a look if you're in to that sort of thing.

May 18, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #55 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric.w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I wish I'd checked this sooner because that sulprus sale sounds cool! Not that I need anything.. haha. Thanks for posting it though.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wish I could have given a bit more notice, but I didn't even get the email about it myself until the day before! There weren't that many interesting things there this time though, and all of best stuff went in the first minute (not kidding!). But I got a dock for my laptop for $10 that originally retailed for $399 USD, so I guess I can't complain!

Also, my Ultrasones arrived today, and they sound pretty great! Quite the deal, too. Now I just need a proper amp for them...

May 20, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #57 of 69
Have no fear, Digital Monk, it's happening on the 26th. I will check out the place that CSIR recommended and balance it against the room in SUB tomorrow (I hope). This thread is getting lots of views, which is encouraging. Hope to see all your sweet gear there! Especially those CD3Ks. Mmmm. Do you still have them, Digital Monk?

May 24, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #59 of 69
So we're back in SUB then? Great!

My Yuin PK3 got here today, so I'll have them at the meet too. I don't know how much burn in they're likely to need, but if it's more than ~50 hours I guess they'll still be a little rough around the edges.
tongue.gif

Now, here's a question: what do we actually have coming that will play CDs? I couldn't find very much in the gear lists people have been posting. I'll bring my DNE-330, but that's only a noisy PCDP with nothing more than a headphone out - probably not the best source for feeding headphone amps.

And as far as gear lists go, here's what I plan on bringing:

Headphones: Ultrasone PROline 750, Yuin PK3
Amps: Go-Vibe V5S
Sources: Rio Carbon, Sony DNE-330, laptop w/ Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS Notebook

I figure it would be kind of pointless to bring duplicates of what others are already bringing, so I won't bother with my SR60, KSC-75, or E2c.

May 24, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #60 of 69
I could bring my Sony Playstation 1 although we won't have a screen to use it. That won't matter because it's only one menu you have to travel to. My gear list will probably be

SR60s sporting GS1K pads and my duct-tape-modded bowls
KSC75
Creative ZVM
Apple iPod 4G Click Wheel (not the photo sadly)
Non-functional PIMETA (and I suppose my DMM if anyone can diagnose the problem with it)

It's disappointing that I don't have any exciting gear like schugh did last time but I suppose once I finish my Millet Max that will change *evil laughter fades into the background*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back