Edmonton mini-meet? - May 26, 2007
Mar 4, 2007 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

joneeboi

Headphoneus Supremus
I feel like having another meet at the University of Alberta. The rooms are only $10/hr, they're easy to book, and we missed so many Edmonton-and-surrounding-urbanities members at the first meet that I want to do it again just to listen to more stuff. Date will ideally sit in between end of midterms and beginning of finals. Who's in?

[size=large]WHAT[/size]
Team Edmonton-and-Surrounding Urbanities Meet Number 2

[size=large]WHERE[/size]
University of Alberta
Room is SUB 430 on the fourth floor

[size=large]WHEN[/size]
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Time is 6pm-9pm

[size=large]WHO[/size]
No one really knows right now

[size=large]HOW MUCH[/size]
$5

[size=large]WHAT'S GOING TO BE THERE[/size]
TBA

Mar 4, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 69
$10/hr??? Why pay? All you have to do is go into an empty room. Corbet Hall (south campus) always has some empties (classrooms or seminar rooms). Especially if you did it after April 23rd. Either way I really want to hear if a portable amp improves my E500s. Count me in.

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #3 of 69
I'm in again Jon, and this time I have HF-1's to bring along. :) I should be fairly flexible time wise and location is no problem for me. I'm hoping that I will have my Xin Supermicro by then as well for folks to check out.

Percy

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 69
I "might" be in, but I'm a full time student + I'm very busy
frown.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #5 of 69
Yeah I was mostly hoping that we could squeeze it in and have maybe a mini meet but a bigger meet after finals would be even cooler. We wouldn't even have to go to south campus. That way leco can wait for the infamously slow-traveling Xin to arrive. Which amp did you decide to go with anyway, brother?

If you are in communication with any other Edmonton headfiers, please let them know we're having a meet sometime late April, early May. Let's go with Saturday, May 5, 2007. I'm hoping for that other half of Team Edmonton-and-Surrounding-Urbanities can show up this time. The gear list was so enticing last time except that only half the team showed up! Check sig for thread for first meet. Maybe we can also get The Gramophone to come this time too. WOO!

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #6 of 69
Just wondering, what exactly is a "meet"? We sit around a table and swap gear? Or is it a nice banquet with catering?

If I come, I'll bring my humble E500 and Kenwood HD30GB9, maybe some of my favorite CD's.

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #7 of 69
As far as I know, meets are more sit around a table and listen to each other's equipment, talk about stuff in general, bond and network.

I can bring alcohol and q-tips for IEM-sharing =D

Mar 4, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #9 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Which amp did you decide to go with anyway, brother?...

I ordered a Supermacro LE (low voltage version) in early January but due to a number of factors (including how much it was going to cost!), I changed my order to a Super Micro just a week ago. It was cool, I sent in my cancel order for the macro and within two hours Xin responded saying that I could change to a different amp and not loose my "place in line" so I went for the micro.

Everyone seems to generally agree that the micro is one of the best sounding amps out there. I recently Rockbox'ed my iPod 5g 60 gig and now have user controllable eq and crossfeed which I'm enjoying immensely which eased the micro decision.

Percy

etysmile.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #10 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by leco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in again Jon, and this time I have HF-1's to bring along. :) I should be fairly flexible time wise and location is no problem for me. I'm hoping that I will have my Xin Supermicro by then as well for folks to check out.

Percy

Excellent, I'm looking forward to listening to some more of your liquid tension experiment. Haven't had the funds to go cd shopping lately
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wouldn't it be easier to switch sleeves <.<

And if you're a minor, are you technically allowed to be around alcohol without a designated guardian?

some sleeves don't fit inter-models, and not everyone owns IEM's but would still like to try. And yes, you are allowed to be around alcohol with out a guardian, however Jon is talking about rubbing alcohol for disinfecting purposes, not drinking alcohol!
tongue.gif
if you want to know what a meet is like, check out the post-meet impressions thread for our last edmonton meet.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209317

Mar 4, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #12 of 69
I'm pretty excited to hear the SM IV. Percy do you know when it is slated to arrive (using the one post where people say when they ordered/received their Xin amp).

Mar 5, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #13 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSIR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty excited to hear the SM IV. Percy do you know when it is slated to arrive (using the one post where people say when they ordered/received their Xin amp).

... given that the orders are taking anywhere from 3-4 months, I'm looking at mid March to the end of April before it arrives.
blink.gif
I'm just glad that I was aware of how long could take before putting the order in. Hopefully (fingers, toes, arms and legs all crossed) it will be here in time for the new mini-meet.

Percy

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #14 of 69
Now is as good a time as any to list off the gear coming to the show.

Source: Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB Black
Headphones: Grado SR60, Koss KSC75
Amplification: CMoy

I'll pm the people slated to go to the first meet. Where is everyone?!?! =T

Mar 6, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #15 of 69
Headphones: Shure E500PTH, Bang&Olufsen A8 and Vmoda Vibes (both are currently broken, hopefully I'll be able to get them repaired), AKG K27i, Bose QC2 and TriPort(for the fun of it)
Source: Kenwood HD30GB9, iRiver H10, Sony NW-HD1, [anticipating a Sony discman]
Amplification: [anticipating...]

And my laptop and some of my favorite CDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back