Edmonton mini-meet? - May 26, 2007
Mar 6, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #16 of 69
E500s
1G mini
bunch of CDs
2 ears

can't wait to hear kenwood player, zen, hornet and SMIV

Can someone bring a cowon (who knows by then I may have bought one as my ipod mini with a new battery only lasts 2.5hrs)

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #17 of 69
I'll be finished finals on April 26th but I'm going out on holidays until May 6th then directly to internship, so I will only be available on the weekends.
If the timing is right I'd have the equipment in my sig, minus the A900's and D66's.

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #18 of 69
Sweet! May 5th should work just fine for me - none of the worries about homework and studying that kept me away from the last one.

The stuff I'll be able to bring hasn't really changed since the last meet, but I'm planning on celebrating the end of the school year by buying some new headphones and an amp.

My gear is all in my sig, and I'm thinking of adding either a set of Ultrasone PROline 2500s or Beyer DT990s, and maybe an LDII++. Oh, and plenty of CDs.

And thanks a bunch for getting this all rolling again, Jon!

Mar 9, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #19 of 69
It's all good, Trippy. I enjoy doing it. It's the only way to really keep this hobby interesting. Thank me by coming
wink.gif

How does one go about grabbing a classroom for a guaranteed time? Last time we rented a room in SUB and only half the people showed up. It was kind of snug but we all fit. Are we just going to grab the room and take it up until we get kicked out?

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #20 of 69
In May both Physio classes will be on placement. This means lots of seminar rooms will be open for business. Worst case we could go into a lecture theater. Plus if one is not from Edmonton it is easy to find as it is the most South building. Finally, there is a parking lot right there.

Mar 11, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #22 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i could bring my gear again but it seems no one was really interested last time so I think this time I'll bring my ears and my cd collection
smily_headphones1.gif

Please bring your XL5, I'd love to hear it and compare to my brand new soon to arrive T9. Also if you can use shure tips on your ER6; I'd love to try them and compare to my E500s.

Mar 11, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #23 of 69
What gear did you have pne?
I really want to go to this one, but if it's on May 5th I'll still be basking in the Carribbeans

Mar 12, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #24 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What gear did you have pne?
I really want to go to this one, but if it's on May 5th I'll still be basking in the Carribbeans

I didn't have much in the way of headphones except my portable setup, but I did have my Eastsound cdp there. I don't think anyone had heard of it before, which is unfortunate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSIR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please bring your XL5, I'd love to hear it and compare to my brand new soon to arrive T9. Also if you can use shure tips on your ER6; I'd love to try them and compare to my E500s.

sure, if you have a laptop you can bring that and put some familiar tracks on it if you'd like. I have several spare tips for my er6i as well.

Apr 2, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #26 of 69
Good gravy, haven't updated this thread in a very long while.

First off, I am not going to be around May 5 (will be in Calgary) and so we have to move the meet to the next Saturday, May 12. I think this makes it hard for mb3k (whose gear I was dearly hoping to see) but I can live.

Also, we haven't really pinned down a place to go. Realistically, we can try a room in CAB which probably won't be occupied on a Saturday (will it be open?) or we can do the same thing we did last time, which was rent a room in SUB at $10/hr, a darn good price if you ask me. First we have to deal with whether CAB rooms will be open, and will we be kicked out of any of them if we use them. I think we have enough people to split that cost of a room in SUB to be pretty fair, but I also don't even know who is coming with this date change. Are the original people still planning on coming? Have friends you want to bring along? Contact any other Edmonton-fiers? Yes, just to bring discussion back to the table, I thought I'd bump this thread. The hour approaches.

SUMMARY:

1) Date changed from May 5, 2007 to May 12, 2007

2) Location will be either CAB or SUB. If CAB won't work, then SUB will do it. Still open to viable options though.

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #27 of 69
May 12th should be fine for me. I have a friend who would like to come as well. Location doesn't matter to me so just let me know.

I would suggest my church as an option as we have lots of rooms that are large (and free), however it's out of the way on 167 ave with no bus service so that would be a problem. :)

For gear I have the following to bring:
5g iPod 60 Gig
Grado SR-80
Grado HF-1 (#31)
Koss KSC-75
Etymotic ER-4P
X-Can V3 amp (stock)
Audio Line Out Cryo Dock (for iPod)
<hopefully> Dr. Xin Supermicro IV </hopefully> I'm in the que and it'll be 3 months on Apr 6th... :)

Percy

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #28 of 69
May 12 works for me as well. Gives me more time to decide on some new gear, too.
tongue.gif

As far as rooms go, I like the idea of going for a place in SUB, as long as the rooms available are large enough. It sounds better to me than going for one in CAB and risking the building being closed or getting tossed out. I'll gladly chip for an hour or two.

Lookin' forwards to it!

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #29 of 69
As far as it seems, this will be a pretty small event unless there are people creeping without mentioning if they're coming. I think we can do with a shorter meet this time around and book for 2 hours, 3 max. Again, last time everyone showed up pretty late and some didn't show up at all =T Oh well, this doesn't have to be some big affair. We'll chill, book a similar room to last time, swap stories, have a good time. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

What is the address to your church, leco? I'm leaning more towards the University, but if numbers allow, we could arrange for having it minus the $10/hr rate for a room in SUB.

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #30 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the address to your church, leco? I'm leaning more towards the University, but if numbers allow, we could arrange for having it minus the $10/hr rate for a room in SUB.

It's North Pointe Community Church located at 167 Ave and 142 St. Right in the middle of nowhere close to St. Albert. I'd be happy to pick up folks who are in the north central/north east area if that would help.

Percy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back