Edmonton mini-meet? - May 26, 2007
Apr 18, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #32 of 69
Well I have one friend who is interested in joining us. He doesn't have much gear (Grado SR-80, iPod 5G 60gig) but is interested in serious IEMs. So he's hoping a set of Shure E500's show up for demoing. :)

Percy

Apr 20, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #33 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now if only we could get a list of people that are planning on coming so it's not just me and Percy sitting in a quiet church basement.

So it's going to be in a church now? Never been a big fan of churches, but it's nice and close to me, I guess.

Here's a question for those attending: does anybody have any high-end mini-to-mini interconnects? I just got my GoVibe V5S in the mail today, and I'm curious if there's any reason for me to upgrade beyond my $1.00 RatShack interconnect.
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #34 of 69
I was hoping it would be at the uni and earlier in the evening. It's my bday that night so I'll be going out; therefor, if it was far away I can't go. If it is a small group (less than 10) we could definitely find a room in Corbett Hall for free. The only people there now are the speech language pathologists. Corbett has tons of small conference rooms and a bigger conference room that I have access to. Additionally, we could always pop into a lecture hall.

Apr 23, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #35 of 69
I checked into the Church option and found out that Saturday evenings are bad. Unless we pay, there won't be anyone available to let us in, so I suggest we try to find an option at the U if possible, and even then there is a small fee that we'd be responsible for.

CSIR, I assume that Corbett Hall is on the U and somewhat convenient parking?

Percy

Apr 29, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #38 of 69
The likelihood of these rooms being booked on a Saturday night, when all the programs that take classes there are in, is low. There is 3 out of 5 programs out on placement so the chance of them being booked is even lower. With this being said I just remembered that interviews to get into physio school will be taking place that Saturday and they use some of those rooms(interviews end at 4:30 but I'm not sure what the wrap up time is for those rooms is). If all the rooms were taken we could always pop into a small lecture theater.

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #39 of 69
Doh!!! I've just had something come up that will prevent me from attending Saturday night. Sorry for the late notice folks... I'm bummed that I won't be able to make it. I'll keep monitoring this thread in case anything else changes.

Percy

May 4, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #40 of 69
Hey, So it's May 12? I can probably come. I'd like it to be at the university as well. There has to be some quiet corner with tables we can use on a summer saturday evening..

I'd bring my HD-600, ipod nano, possibly an amplifier. (I don't think I'm lugging that beast power supply I brought last time.. or the DVD player. The nano is fine though
600smile.gif
)

May 5, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #42 of 69
Okay, to just finalize a place, CSIR, can you grab one of those classrooms you're so insistent on so that everyone knows where to meet? If you can't grab a place by Tuesday I'm going to just book us a room in SUB like last time.

May 6, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #43 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, to just finalize a place, CSIR, can you grab one of those classrooms you're so insistent on so that everyone knows where to meet? If you can't grab a place by Tuesday I'm going to just book us a room in SUB like last time.

There is no need to "grab one" they are open for students to use. You can only book them on weekdays, on weekends they are first come first have. In other news I might be in Red Deer next weekend
frown.gif
I really wanted to hear what a portable amp sounded like.

May 7, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #44 of 69
So that leaves me, Trippytiger, Assorted, pne, mb3k, eric.w. That's cool. I don't really know how this South Hall business works though. I'll PM you all just to get confirmation on your attendance. I'll head over to the U either today or tomorrow just to check out this South Hall thing. Any room recommendations, CSIR? I'll update the first post just for convenience's sake too. Let's make this happen, boyos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back