Edmonton-And-Surrounding-Urbanities Team, ASSEMBLE!
Oct 28, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #107 of 165
Whoo, classic rock! I'm a big classic rock fan myself (listening to some Deep Purple right now), but I don't actually have that much on hand. I think I've got a reasonably eclectic collection of my own - the bulk of it is metal, rock, and industrial, but there's also some electronica, some folk, some new wave, and a bit of pop, as well as some really experimental stuff.

I'll definitely be bringing all of my CDs in .mp3 form on my laptop (not to mention a substantial amount of music obtained elsewhere), and hard copies of my favourite stuff.

Oct 30, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #108 of 165
Is the meet still on the 18th?
I may end up having to be in Calgary on the 18th.
Seems some people always rain on my parade (don't ask me to explain)

Sorry guys. I really wanted to be there. I had always thought it would be so cool to have a head-fi meeting in Edmonton. Now there is one and also a high probability that I won't be able to make it.

mad.gif

-- Sanjay

Nov 1, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #109 of 165
Oh, no, schugh! I was looking forward to testing out all your amps! Darn. This looks like we should have more meets. So when you say "high probability," how high are we talking here? 20%? 25%? =T

Prospective locations: Sprucewood Library and Stanley A. Milner Library. Stanley Milner is more convenient, but is louder and harder to park (Is it okay on weekends?). Sprucewood is in quiet place, but it'll be a bit farther for some. I'll decide soon.

Nov 4, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #112 of 165
I'm planning on going from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. I'm leaning towards Stanley Milner too, but we can't book just yet. We have to request booking the Monday prior, so if we miss it we might have to just go to Sprucewood. I could request the room for 8 hours (1:00pm to 9:00pm) but I don't know how we could fill the hours and whether you guys want to come that early in the day. I have stuff I need to do on Saturdays so I couldn't make that early time. We have quite a bit of gear and if we want to give each of them a good listening to, we'd need some more time. Since we have so much time until we can even request booking, we can have some discussion about that. Plus, I'll make sure to book under "Team Edmonton-and-Surrounding-Urbanities" =D

Pizza alright with you guys? I wonder how that would go down, eating greasy food, touching others' head-fi toys. I think we have to get catering through Second Cup. Hm.

Discuss!

Nov 4, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #113 of 165
Hello Forum Members and Edmonton HeadFi'ers,
Just a note to say that we will be offering a 15% discount on all headphones, amps and headphone accessories until the end of November for Forum Members.
We will not be attending the head-fi meet on the 18th. We thought it would be a good way for members to see and hear our wide variety of headphone related products. However in the past 3 or 4 weeks we have had visits from about 15 members of the local community and about 10 people have listened to many things, so I think that many have heard what they wanted to hear. I think that the evening of the 18th will have lots and lots of 'phones and amps for people to sample without us coming and adding more to the mix. When the group needed a place to meet we offered our shop, but as another venue has been found then all is good.
We are open six days a week and I think that should be enough opportunity for customers to audition equipment prior to purchase.
Thanks and best wishes,
Bryan Taylor
The Gramophone

Nov 4, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #115 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramophone
Hello Forum Members and Edmonton HeadFi'ers,
Just a note to say that we will be offering a 15% discount on all headphones, amps and headphone accessories until the end of November for Forum Members.
We will not be attending the head-fi meet on the 18th. We thought it would be a good way for members to see and hear our wide variety of headphone related products. However in the past 3 or 4 weeks we have had visits from about 15 members of the local community and about 10 people have listened to many things, so I think that many have heard what they wanted to hear. I think that the evening of the 18th will have lots and lots of 'phones and amps for people to sample without us coming and adding more to the mix. When the group needed a place to meet we offered our shop, but as another venue has been found then all is good.
We are open six days a week and I think that should be enough opportunity for customers to audition equipment prior to purchase.
Thanks and best wishes,
Bryan Taylor
The Gramophone

Hey, its great to see you weigh in on this! I think it's a shame that The Gramaphone's not going to be at the meet, but you make a good point. And it means I no longer have any excuse for not dropping by - I'll be coming around sometime next week, you can count on that! Got any Beyer DT990's in stock?
biggrin.gif

For that matter, does anybody who's been to The Gramaphone lately know if they've got those cans (and for what price)? I sent an email just now, but I'm impatient.

As for food, I think pne has the right idea. We really should keep the eating and the listening seperate to avoid any unfortunate incidents involving food and equipment.

Nov 4, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #116 of 165
They don't carry many (if any) Beyers. Something about it being too hard to get them from Beyer Canada? Currently, they don't have them. In the future, who knows? Maybe if you ask them enough times they'll order them for you
biggrin.gif

Oh, yes. We could have internet access if we want at the Library. I don't know if it's at an extra charge, but I guess it'd be nice to have it. Just thought I'd mention.

Nov 6, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #117 of 165
Update on the stuff I'll be bringing as I've pretty much overhauled my collection.

Gone:
MX90VC
HP460
Super.fi 5 Pro
PMX100
Edirol UA-1EX

New Stuff:
Beyerdynamic DT250-80 and DT770-80 recabled w/ mogami mini (maybe if I get the recabling supplies in time)
EDIT: I also have a DIY iPod lineout w/ SPC that I'll bring.

Plus, I don't think bringing the Insignia speakers are a great idea in a library, so knock that off the list as well.

Nov 7, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #118 of 165
hey there. i havent been active on head-fi lately but i just saw this thread. I'm surprised at how many Edmonton (and surrounding area) members there are here! I may be able to come, though I'm not sure if I can add much new to the list of gear. Here's what I could bring:

Sennheiser HD600
Grado SR225
Westone UM2
Audio Technica ATH-A900
Koss KSC75

Meier Audio Corda Headfive
Headsave GoVibe

Headphile Senn V2 cable
some Blue Jeans interconnects

Ipod Photo 4g 60gig
Ipod Nano 1g 4gig
Sony MZ-RH10
Toshiba SD3990

Nov 7, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #119 of 165
Welcome, slug! Don't worry about repeats, we already have plenty of those. It's good to see that you can come out. Your gear list makes me drool even more now. *drool* 2 weeks...

Nov 8, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #120 of 165
Wish I could go but a bit too far out of my way (I'm in RD). Sounds like a lot more people are from this neck of the woods than I first thought tho!

Just curious tho.. Noticed a few people have ATH-A900's and kinda curious where you got them from? Local? I'm very interested in these cans lately and been trying to find the right place to order from - Ebay being the only place I've really seen so far.

Thanks and have fun at the meet all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back