Edmonton-And-Surrounding-Urbanities Team, ASSEMBLE!
Nov 8, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #121 of 165
Audio Cubes dot com would be a good place to order from. From what I hear, they have products at decent prices and people are happy with their services. They carry almost all the japan-only headphones you can think of so you should definitely check that out.

On a second note, what a great great turn out! I really look forward to it and we will definitely have an awesome meet!
icon10.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #122 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryton
Wish I could go but a bit too far out of my way (I'm in RD). Sounds like a lot more people are from this neck of the woods than I first thought tho!

Just curious tho.. Noticed a few people have ATH-A900's and kinda curious where you got them from? Local? I'm very interested in these cans lately and been trying to find the right place to order from - Ebay being the only place I've really seen so far.

Thanks and have fun at the meet all!

Typically the recommended place to get A900's from is AudioCubes. Last time I looked, they were $189 USD and shipping to Canada was very reasonable $9 or $10 USD.

EDIT: Just took a look; they're $179 USD and shipping to my place would be $12 USD. Nice.

Nov 8, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #123 of 165
Since we're going to have so much gear at the meet, I'd suggest we all take a good, hard look at the gear list and decide beforehand what we want to hear for sure. With our time restraints and the amount of equipment, I don't think any of us will be able to get around to them all. Plus it's just a smart thing to do. If anything, make a list of what you want to call dibs on so that you don't waste your time figuring out what you want when you arrive.

Nov 8, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #124 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger
Typically the recommended place to get A900's from is AudioCubes. Last time I looked, they were $189 USD and shipping to Canada was very reasonable $9 or $10 USD.

EDIT: Just took a look; they're $179 USD and shipping to my place would be $12 USD. Nice.

I've ordered my A900's and D66's about 3 years apart and I still got the great service both times.

Nov 8, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #125 of 165
I'm a new head-fi member and was just thinking that a local Edmonton meet would be great, and here it is.

Baring any unforseen circumstances I'll plan on coming. Currently I have an iPod 60gig 5G, Grado SR80, Etymotic ER-4P and X-Can V3 that I'll bring.

Right now I'm primarily interested in trying out amps as I'm looking for a good portable amp for my iPod/ER-4P combo.

Percy

Nov 10, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #126 of 165
Good to see yet another person join the meet. Welcome, leco.

Dang. Maybe next time we shouldn't put the meet date so far away from when we plan it. We're just getting so big now. Zees ees a good thing.

Nov 10, 2006 at 9:10 AM Post #127 of 165
The trip to Calgary on the 18th is cancelled.
So I should be able to make it to the meet after all.

Just wanted to verify. The meet is still on the 18th but now it is in a Library.
Has it been decided which Branch? And what are the hours for the meet?

Thanks,

-- Sanjay

Nov 11, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #128 of 165
That's great to hear that you can again, schugh. The meet is going to be held at the Stanley A. Milner Library downtown. It will be held from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. We're going to book Room 7 on the Sixth Floor. What gear are you bringing to the meet?

Nov 11, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #129 of 165
I will try to bring most everything.
I returned my Ety 4P as after a day I decided I just couldn't stand the microphonic cable and they were slightly uncomfortable.

So instead I purchased the Shure E500 which sound excellent and are really very comfortable. I am enjoying them very much and without a doubt one of the best purchases I have made.

I also went a bit nutty over the last week and purchased Senn HD280 Pro from Axe Music and also the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro from Sarah Audio.

So I will bring the new stuff for sure

I also might borrow my friends (formerly mine) AKG K501 for the meet. I didn't see it on the list of stuff being brought in.

The rest of my stuff again:

Headphones:

Grado RS-1
Senn HD600 with Cardas cable
Grado SR225
AKG K701
AKG K81
Senn PX100
Koss Porta Pro

Amps:

Original Headroom Home
XCAN V3
Headroom Micro
Benchmark DAC-1 (I might leave this at home, not sure. I don't really use the headphone amp on it. Just as a DAC in my big rig)
Grado RA-1

I will just bring my iRiver H140 and iPod 5G for sources.

-- Sanjay

Nov 12, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #130 of 165
wow that's an impressive gear list, sanjay!

the location and hours sound good to me.

on a side note, I would be willing to part with my AKG k27i if anyone is interested at the meet as I would prefer to sell it locally to avoid the hassle of shipping etc. just letting you guys know, in case any of the head-fiers going the meet are interested.

and jon, add a pair of sony MDR-7506 to the gear list please as I had just acquired a pair today
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #131 of 165
Wang, I thought we were buddies! You're supposed to tell me every single head-fi step you take! First, the K27i's, now this? :p

Just a question for the guys coming: would anyone have any Grado flat pads they're willing to part with? I have the comfies and bowls, but now I would like to hear what everyone is in on with the flats. I could buy them at TTVJ's, but I think I'll keep that $10 first purchase discount for later (although $10 is $10). It'll be my cherry on top for whatever purchase I make there in the future. If anyone wants to sell their flats or even trade for the bowls, I'd be more than obliged.

Nov 14, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #135 of 165
Yes, there's the cost of the room but there's also the cost of catering from Second Cup as well. Further, I got a room that's only for $50 for 4 hours, so there's that cost. Hm. I guess I wasn't thinking really. I could say the cost is $7.50/person but I just don't like dealing with change so my mind immediately flips between $5 and $10.

Also, I don't know the cost of food at that Second Cup yet. I called them but I still don't really understand but I'll talk to the manager tomorrow morning (w00t for no class!). I think it's something along the lines of ordering stuff from the nearby market and they supply it to us. I'm not really sure how it works. Maybe we could just eat beforehand and save the trouble? Can you guys go 4 hours without food? Bring a bag lunch? Again, I'll call them tomorrow and see how it goes, but that only adds to the cost. It's up to you if you want the Second Cup catering, but personally I probably won't eat there. My friend has a restaurant not too far away (then again, not too close if you're walking in the snow) and I'll probably eat there.

As far as it looks, we could probably get away with paying $5 and then getting your own food or what not. I was kind of zoned out when the Second Cup girl was explaining how the stuff goes because I don't want to get into the hassle of considering what they've got and picking the right one, confirming if you guys are down with it, etc.. If anything, there's the City Centre right across the street if really want good selection and a bargain on food. Also, Second Cup has some treats in their little store right next door. That helps keep the food away from the gear.

Does everyone know how to get there? I'll post the EPL's directions of how to get there using the bus, and I'll get a map or two as well. LRT should be pretty straightforward as well, but I can help out there as well.

SUMMARY:
- Cost going from $10 to $5
- Feed yourself (possibly)
- I'll post directions

edit: Okay, I can't post directions unless I know where you're coming from, so instead I posted 2 maps. One is from http://maps.edmonton.ca (an awesome resource) and number (2) is from Mapquest. You can even check out the aerial view on the Mapquest one, and the number (1) map has a circle around the location!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back