Edmonton-And-Surrounding-Urbanities Team, ASSEMBLE!
Oct 24, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #91 of 165
wow. we sure have an amazing list of gears...can't wait to see the HD650, K701s and the Beyers!

And personally I can't wait to try the eggos (the only pair of headphones I am financially capable of purchasing as of now lol).
eggosmile.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #92 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi
That's great to hear that you can come, Roblin. I've already added you to the list. If anyone has bothered to check it, we have 16 people scheduled to come. While with our previous numbers we would have fit snugly in The Gramophone. Now with the huge amount of gear coming in coupled with the rate at which we've been growing, I'm starting to get concerned. I'll look into some other places in the mean time and let you guys know what is going on.

also we have the issue of sorting and organizing the stuff. With this much gear we don't want to get anything mixed up, nor do we want to spend the first hour setting up. Maybe everyone should put a little label on their gear, especially headphones so we know where everything goes back to. Same goes with cd's.

Oct 24, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #93 of 165
I agree. Labels are key. For those that bring complete systems (source, amp, phone) it would be best if we could set up a little "station" for them. That way they know where their beloved gear is and can keep track of everything a little easier.

And maybe they will be nice enough to let us try different cans/amps on their system.

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #94 of 165
I haven't confirmed anything yet, but what I am thinking about is moving to an Edmonton Public Library location. A few of them have rooms that we can book for really cheap, so it should everyone at most $5. I have to check out which rooms will be big enough for us to use first, then I'll post an update. Maybe I'll even post pictures. I will also let the Gramophone know as well. Since we're planning to do this on a Saturday night, they should be able to come because they close at 5pm and could bring some of their gear as opposed to having us squeezing ourselves and our gear into their store. Don't expect an update too soon, though. 'Tis midterm week.

Oct 24, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #95 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by d_w31
wow. we sure have an amazing list of gears...can't wait to see the HD650, K701s and the Beyers!

And personally I can't wait to try the eggos (the only pair of headphones I am financially capable of purchasing as of now lol).
eggosmile.gif

I have my Eggo's bass modded, but hopefully I can get them back from my sister who is in Lethbridge right now.

Oct 25, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #96 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi
I haven't confirmed anything yet, but what I am thinking about is moving to an Edmonton Public Library location. A few of them have rooms that we can book for really cheap, so it should everyone at most $5. I have to check out which rooms will be big enough for us to use first, then I'll post an update. Maybe I'll even post pictures. I will also let the Gramophone know as well. Since we're planning to do this on a Saturday night, they should be able to come because they close at 5pm and could bring some of their gear as opposed to having us squeezing ourselves and our gear into their store. Don't expect an update too soon, though. 'Tis midterm week.

GREAT idea! I know the downtown library also has a huge conference room that they rent out for a lot of events, this might be a bit overkill for us though.

Oct 25, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #97 of 165
There is that 15% off thing at Gramophone, hope they can still join us if we go to the library. - I guess we could visit earlier that day if we wanted to

Oct 25, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #98 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k
I have my Eggo's bass modded, but hopefully I can get them back from my sister who is in Lethbridge right now.

haha that's great to hear mb3k! looking forward to it
eggosmile.gif

I second the library idea, the rooms there seem real nice, and if it is a library parking shouldn't be too much problem for people too.

Oct 25, 2006 at 7:56 AM Post #99 of 165
The library sounds like a fantastic idea. Unfortunetly I've had to reduce my headphone count (bloody school), so I will only be bringing my HD650s and SA1000s. I still morn the loss of my RS-1s and K701s, come January though you should see me buying up a storm in the FS forums.

Oct 26, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #100 of 165
This is great. I was at the gramophone to listen to the Ety ER-4P today and Brian told me about the meet. I had no idea. I had always thought it would be awesome if there was a meet in Edmonton. I never realized there were so many Head-fiers here.

But what should I bring? Seems most of the equipment I have is already being brought in by others. This is what I have:

Senn HD600 with Cardas Cable
Grado RS-1
AKG-701
Senn PX100
Koss Porta Pro
Grado SR225
Ety ER-4P (purchased just today)
AKG K-81DJ (not sure if I will have them for the meet though. Might end up returning them)

Grado RA-1
Musical Fidelity XCAN-V3
Headroom Micro Amp
Original Headroom Home Amp from 2000.
Benchmark DAC1
iRiver H140
iPod video
My several minidisc recorders (portable and decks).

Let me know what I should bring.
This is exciting to have a chance to meet and talk to others who are into this.

-- Sanjay

Oct 26, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #101 of 165
Bring your RA-1 at least. I may not have one by then. MicroAMP might be nice to hear too. Bringing a second or third headphone of the same kind should help if more people want a listen.

How are those Ety's?

Oct 26, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #102 of 165
Thanks I will bring what you suggested.

As for the Etys, I do like them very much indeed. I like them better then the Shure E4C which I got last week from London Drugs (and returned them yesterday). However my impulsive nature really gets the better of me all the time and I always second guess myself. I had it in the back of mind to get the Shure E500, but no one had one in town. They are more expensive off course. Now I found Westworld computers had a demo, and I listened to them and liked them better then the Etys. Thanks to the nice and understanding guys at the Gramophone, they are allowing me to return them for a very small charge.

Still don't get me wrong. The Etys are wonderful (especially in the S mode with my Micro Amp) and cheaper.

-- Sanjay

Oct 27, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #104 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by schugh
Senn HD600 with Cardas Cable
Grado RS-1
AKG-701
Koss Porta Pro
Grado SR225

Grado RA-1
Musical Fidelity XCAN-V3
Headroom Micro Amp
Original Headroom Home Amp from 2000.
Benchmark DAC1
iRiver H140

Um, yeah. That's my modest request
biggrin.gif

I talked to Brian today and let him know about the change in location. But apparently it was old news to him because he lurks these forums (watch out, he may post!). Anyway, he still wanted to extend the 15% discount to us Edmonton head-fiers, which is awesome, so I would strongly encourage you all to punish your wallets really soon! Whether or not The Gramophone will be present at the meet is still an issue to be dealt with, but as of yet we already have an impressive gear list going on.

Oh yeah, and it's great to see another Edmonton head-fier, schugh. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of all your gear
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back