Edmonton/Alberta Meet MARCH 14th - The Gramophone
Dec 16, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #16 of 70
I may be interested but I won't bring everything this time
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #18 of 70
I will definitely bring the my balanced 800 rig that's probably all, what I need now is a way to get music from my computer to my DAC (curse you DAC for not having an optical in). The Stax would definitely be something I would like to try out.

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #19 of 70
From what I've heard, not a lot of people in Edmonton have heard Ultrasones. I'll be bringing my Pro 900s for demoing, I expect. I'll bring some music that compliments their strengths. Thus far, the Ultrasones have proven proficient and being very deep, immersive headphones. IE not exactly "neutral".

Does anybody own a pair of Denon D2000s? I'd be interested in hearing some, personally.

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #22 of 70
I'm definitely busy the second weekend of February. There's a possibility I will be busy on the third weekend as well, but once I find out, I will let you guys know.

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #23 of 70
Unfortunately I'm trapped in Ottawa until April working for the federal government, otherwise I would have been able to make the trip up...assuming my truck isn't written off from new years.

I hope the meet goes well and I'll catch up with you guys if the next one happens after April.

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #25 of 70
How unusual. You'd think they'd be jumping over an opportunity like this. They're essentially bringing in a group of prospective customers. Might even be the most people they had in store at a given time.

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #26 of 70
I've been going to the Gramophone for over 10 years and have know Bryan for a long time.
They are great and very friendly and helpful guys there. They have a fantastic selection of classical music and also a very nice selection of Jazz. When I can I buy my music from them.
I've been to the new location and like it much better mainly because there is less parking problems.

Anyway, count me in. If anyone wants, I can get a hold of Bryan and find out what is up. I've been thinking of upgrading my XCAN V-3 and this might be a good opportunuity to listen to some new amps.

I would also love to hear a balanced 800. I also have the 800 I got from the Gramophone but it's not balanced. In fact I've never listened to a balanced headphone so it would be fun to get that opportunity.

-- Sanjay

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #27 of 70
Devin and Joelby, what kind of balanced connectors are you using at the moment?? Dual 3 pin xlr? single 4 pin xlr?

If I can get my balanced portable done in time I'll make an adapter or two to convert to what people are using.

Jan 29, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #28 of 70
^I'm using 4-pin myself.

As for the meet: I just got off the phone with Brian. He's still organizing their store opening for the last week of february. So it looks like we'll be having the meet in march instead. Saturdays aren't a good day for him, as the store is the busiest on those days. So he's proposed either friday night or sunday afternoon.

How do you guys feel about these selections? I was leaning towards sunday because it will probably be easier for the Calgarians to make it. What do you think?

I'll talking to Brain again next week.

Joel

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #29 of 70
I would prefer Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back