Edmonton/Alberta Meet MARCH 14th - The Gramophone
Mar 11, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #47 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonJeffman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,
Just saw this thread and I'd be interested in coming if it's not too late to add me to the list. No real gear to bring cause I still haven't pulled the trigger on a set of cans.

Any Calgarians maybe want a passenger & gas money - my truck's been acting up the last few days, not sure if I'll have it fixed by Sunday.

Jon I was planning on going from Calgary and possibly teaming up with another headfi'er so we could all go together if he's willing. You up for a car of 3 Robin?

BTW I plan on bringing my HD600, plus a pair of Sennhieser IE8 and a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Gold IEM's so if anyone wants to hear some higher end IEM's bring either your current IEM's or some tips so you can give these a whirl. I am not sure if I will have time to get a computer with music together though but will try to. Possibly a small library of FLAC's but unfortunately I will only have the built in soundcard of the laptop and my Ipod touch as sources along with my RWAudio Amp1.

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #48 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jon I was planning on going from Calgary and possibly teaming up with another headfi'er so we could all go together if he's willing. You up for a car of 3 Robin?

BTW I plan on bringing my HD600, plus a pair of Sennhieser IE8 and a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Gold IEM's so if anyone wants to hear some higher end IEM's bring either your current IEM's or some tips so you can give these a whirl. I am not sure if I will have time to get a computer with music together though but will try to. Possibly a small library of FLAC's but unfortunately I will only have the built in soundcard of the laptop and my Ipod touch as sources along with my RWAudio Amp1.

Glad to see you are still around JonJeffman, you are more than welcome to tag along with dweaver and I.

So dweaver who gets to drive? (I would be happy to)

Mar 11, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #49 of 70
My car is a bit small (Dodge Caliber) I have no problem using it but if your car is bigger it might be a more comfortable drive and with 3 of us going gas is going be very reasonable.

Mar 12, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #51 of 70
I had no idea Edmonton really had a Head-Fi community. Bryan told me about the meet yesterday, so I'd be happy to come. I don't have a whole lot that I could bring that are spectacular (Alessandro MS-1, Beyern DT770 Pro 250ohm, and a Little Dot MKIII).

I'd be down to hear the HD800's and meet some Head-Fi'ers so count me in.

Mar 12, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #52 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by theAEoN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had no idea Edmonton really had a Head-Fi community. Bryan told me about the meet yesterday, so I'd be happy to come. I don't have a whole lot that I could bring that are spectacular (Alessandro MS-1, Beyern DT770 Pro 250ohm, and a Little Dot MKIII).

I'd be down to hear the HD800's and meet some Head-Fi'ers so count me in.

Great!

Mar 13, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #53 of 70
Just found out about this. Would love to come. I'll bring my HD-650's w/ my DIY Blue Dragon headphone cable. Would have brought my starving student but it needs some repairs and I wouldn't want to damage anyone's phones.

Mar 14, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #55 of 70
I didn't mention this before but the timing is terrible. This is the weekend of the season opener of the 2010 Formula 1 season.

Oh, someone mentioned wanting to hear the D7000's. I have a pair of Denon 7000's that I'm going to bring. I'll also bring my D10 and Predator so there will be at least a couple of portable DAC/Amps there. Looking forward to it!

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #57 of 70
A triumph indeed.

The Denons I listened to today solidified my interest in purchasing the D2000s. Not only that, but I'm convinced that Vinyl is the way for me to go.

Good seeing everybody!

Mar 15, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #58 of 70
It was my first meet and I had a great time. Thanks to guitarman for the interesting and informative conversation and the CD! Thanks to everyone else as well for being so welcoming to a relative newbie and even making me feel like I knew a thing or two at times. It was also great to get in there, unpack my gear and at no point feel that it was going to walk out the door! A rare feeling when you've got a couple of grand worth of gear out in the open. Thanks to whomever brought equipment and I was especially glad to be able to hear the HD800's & the HE5's. Those are the first 2 phones I'm interested in that I have been able to try before I (might) buy.
smily_headphones1.gif
Also that little unshelled amp sounded incredible!

I've probably tried to stuff too much in this post but I'm already looking forward to the next meet.

To end though I want to say a special thanks to Joel and Bryan for being the driving force for the organizing of the event and for providing a great spot for the meet!

Mar 15, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #59 of 70
Robin's prototype balanced portable amp was definitely the high-light for me. Can't wait to get my hands on one! I've also got the green light from the mrs to buy a statement headphone in the future. It's going to be tough to decide between the T1 and the HD800. Either way, it's going to be sweet!

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #60 of 70
robin: great job on the proto portable balanced ... very nice... after that my compass is going FS (along with supratek syrah, odyssey stratos monos, ... maybe even the HF2-F1 ...
tongue_smile.gif
)

wantmyf1: thnx for bringing the 7000's, HF2's, and the 2500's. don't forget to pm me for that test disc when i get back.

joelby: thnx for letting me listen to your balanced stuff... i think i could live with the balanced 650's but in the end i really prefer closed. your recabling jobs were top-shelf too. i think i will seek your assistance when my new cans appear.

now ... who brought those 900's? i'm getting very tempted to snag a set... & if i do, does that mean goodbye to my NIB HF2? ... decisions, decisions, ...

& thnx again to Bryan & all his toys. & thnx to everyone else whose names i have forgotten.

my gear & muzak are packed and i'm almost ready to fly the coop.
-don-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back